2 comments

General

My heart pounded almost out of my chest. The suspense was killing me.

It has been a week now. The first days were the worst. I struggled

every night with conscience. A voice inside reassured me that it was good, while another made me tear off my hair, declaring that there were a thousand people there and the possibility of ME being selected was as much as a house fly to escape from the jar you trapped it in. A

fly to escape from the jar you trapped it in. God what is happening to me. While I write this, my condition is LEGENDARY. My mom says I have better chances of winning a 'who stinks the most' competition. It

seems weird but I actually was curious if there is one. I mean why

not?

After another hour of drooling in front of the site that the results

were supposed to be uploaded, I finally gathered enough courage to look at myself in the mirror. Something I had done my best to avoid from the last three days. It seriously felt like some, you know, some sort of drama in which a person is SPECIFICALLY hired to get on your nerve by slow walking. My little brother, also known as the devil's assistant, walked in in the DISGUSTING way he does with the DISGUSTING smile he has sponsored, to, for the HUNDREDTH time in this week, pretend he hadn't already been seeing me attired like a sludge monster and then hold up his nose. Like dude, it's only been a week for me to experience this ugliness, at least I was clean before, unlike some

people here. He should be glad that we finally look like siblings,

though I'm sure a crow dropped him on us. And when he comes, I swear I’ll be waiting for him, it'll be his last day when he meets me though. I have some very serious grudges I hold against him. Freaky bird. I'll personally make a soup of him and eat. This is proof of how MAD I am. Just as I had sat down, after throwing a fit over the large black circles that had formed around my eyes and my droopy eyelids, complete with tangled hair and a, what you call it, gangster look, another character in my story entered the scene. Something is seriously wrong with this girl. I mean what’s with the look she stares me down with every time. Her glare is SUPER intimidating. Yes you guessed it right, she is my sister. I mean she should be a lawyer. Her stare alone could coerce a person enough to make them spill their guts. She, as usual gave me long dirty look, before spraying me with insults. I don’t even get her. Why can’t she just mind her own business? Some special disease, I guess. Just as once, again, hopefully for the last time I almost sat down, another person entered. Seems like some sort of a serial I know. This person gave me a dirty look, yes, it’s a tradition. I guess. They just HAVE to give me this. Then, like every day, launched into a very well-rehearsed and very familiar speech. ‘This is MY ROOM’ and ‘What have you done to MY ROOM’ and ‘MY ROOM reeks now thanks to you!’ Seriously I can totally relate to Cinderella. I mean its no longer the cORnY cringe I used to call it. Its REALITY. I was probably adopted from the Buckingham Palace. I’m sure of it. Cinderella bro you’re not alone. Yeah so, where was I? hmm… On my oldest sister, I guess. So then like she always did, she will go running of to mom and then blabber all sorts rubbish against me. Like she so doesn’t look like a mature seventeen-year-old girl. Honestly, like I’m sure God birth the staff HE made HER with. After SHE cleared out, I sat down again, when another figure walked in. TOO MANY PEOPLE! You’re probably thinking why I ain’t locking the door, all I have to say in my defense on that is that I share this room with my FIVE siblings and have no wish to die so early. This time, a fat man with an EXTREME CASE OF OBESITY wadded in to check on how I was doing. Perfectly fine, being the only human in these barn animals(No, it does not include my parents, I have to live in this HOME DUDE!). Then he came over and surveyed my computer’s screen like an extremely FAT hawk. Yes, he’s my father. Then following her my mother strolled in and then spent the next half-hour lecturing me on this thing known as BASIC MANNERS and BASIC DUTIES. I mean sure why not. One day to myself is ALL THAT I NEED. Then giving a look to my screen, she added that I should stop being so clingy and come eat. Then THEY WENT OUT. JUST… I’M tired of writing this too, Just as I was about to sit, another minute character walked in, I mean it’s a disgrace to humanity to call HER a human. She’s my littlest sister, the devil  under the serpent’s flower. The devil  under the serpent’s flower, I mean what is WRONG with me. She, so, ambled in and started to shout all the gibberish she thinks we understand. This time, I GAVE her a dirty look, Ahh… I feel so Mighty. Absolute power. Yeah so, she walked out and I sat for the last time on my seat, as it were the end of my family, seven member we are including me. And to my surprise, a notification had appeared on the website. OHHHHHMMMMMGGGGGG!!!! Finally, the end to this misery. I clicked on it. And the screen went black. My devilish little brother had taken out the switch. This…. Well so I chased around him and then took my father’s phone, which was easier to turn on, when the Internet device’s battery died. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I hurriedly plugged the charger in and finally the INTERNET CONNECTIONS stabilized! You can’t imagine my JOY. There on the site, on the second was MY NAME under the participants selected for the Free trip to Paris for the Global perspectives contest!!!!!

YAAAAAAH!

July 10, 2020 09:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Khizra Aslam
08:53 Jul 15, 2020

Hey Emma, I saw that you liked my story so here I am to have a look at your as well. The story is good and I loved it especially how you end it. I just find some errors that can easily be fixed. Like at some places you have repeated the lines, some grammatical errors that's it. But since we all learn from our mistakes so not to worry about it. Keep writing and sharing your beautiful stories. Stay blessed :)

Reply

Emma Sangual
09:19 Jul 18, 2020

Thankx a bundle for the info! Yes I noticed the grammatical mistakes too. But that is right now😂. I have this very bad habit of not proof reading it just I don't know...burns me. Anyways the repeated lines I guess were intentionally added to emphasize. Once again thanks for the time and keep inspiring!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.