0 comments

Fantasy Mystery Suspense

 Nicole jalonen 

Trama doesn’t quite cover what his childhood was. He was often beaten both physically and mentally ! For what the children at school called “ your legacy !”

“ we know your last name now!”

“ Tony Whitmore!”

“Who told you ?!”

“No !”

The now twenty five year old Tony Holland breathed as a knock at his loft door made him jump out of bed as his boss , mentor and man who had raised him after he’d been found at age two wondering the cold streets of New York covered in blood and crying ! Lieutenant Gord Deiman Brisk yet kind voice woke him with Tony’s favorite phrase.

“ we’ve got a case!”

Followed by something the brown haired young man dreaded to hear! As the black gray haired muddle aged man in a black suite explained “ someone’s been murdered at Wallace arichmond Academy .”

Suddenly Tony’s normally tanned thin face went very pale as he replied.

“ the only way I’ll ever go back to that school is if professor Brockback is the victim!”

Smirking Gord replied. “ guess today’s my lucky day then!”

“ Tony so glad to see you my boy !”

A lanky gray haired thin man in a gray suite to match his long gray pony tale . And blue eyes chirped as he grabbed the young mans hand which was now shaking!

“ you as well sir!”

Tony smiled as he circled the pool building were they placed the crime police tape as he entered it and saw a full pool with tons of school office furniture floating in it!

A teachers wooden desk and chair and lamp and books and papers littered the surface and bottom of the pool!

“ where is the body of professor Brockbsck?”

Tony asked as a middle aged short oriental women with black short hair and brown eyes in a blue dress suite approached him explaining. As she exited the pool in a divers suite.

“ I removed the victim who was strapped to the computer chair under the pool water I have to say it really completed the whole seen of vengeance !”

“ so he was drowned ?”

Tony asked the medical examiner .

“ nope .”

She shook her head explaining .

“ he was poisoned with a book restorer liquid then thrown in the pool dead!”

“ wow so an over kill clearly hatred and vengeance .”

Then the young man in a black expensive tuxedo walked the length of the pool studying the furniture in it!

As he smoothed his long brown hair  out of his mismatched gold and blue eyes! As he explained to his mother and his team of detectives and ex teachers.

“ at first glance .” Tony explained circling the pool outside the boarding school in a little shed! With a teachers desk computer chair and a lamp and tons of books and papers in its water. “ this looks as if it were done by an adult and if this were any other school I’d say you were right but here at Wallace Richmond academy the students are far more dangerous!”

“ you’re saying a teen did this?!”

Gorse asked in horror field shock.

To which the young Tony Holland explained. “ yes because of what’s referred to as Teen Brain.”

“ he’s kidding right?”

Tony wheeled around and there stood his mom who he had not seen in years as she was not his real mom .

Holland for she and the son she adopted after her ex husband had gone to jail! After that she as a social worker had found Tony wandering the streets of New York covered in blood that was not his so he wasn’t injured but being so little the boy never told them or anyone who was hurt! But the boy was two and had amnesia so as he grew up little bits of the night that had made Tony an orphan came back. A foggy stormy night at a mansion deep in the mountains . A balding red haired men in a white lab c

That was why he got into learning how the human mind works and became a profiler for New York police !

“ cuz I know he now murmured he just didn’t know who or why! And nor would anyone else so he went to college and became the youngest fbi profiler in fifty years! All with the encouragement of his mom and horse who worked Tony’s case from the time cas found him.

Which was why his adoptive mom Sharon Holland put him on this case.

And sent him back to the oppressive boarding school from which he had narrowly escaped with his life !

“ teen brain.”

Tony explained to everyone now . Is the psychological state of adolescence  the frontile cortex of kids brains are not developed they can not way the consequences of their actions . Adolescence can also be when certain mental conditions show themselves . Like psycopothy  combined with teen brain you’ve got something a whole lot worse then a hang over!”

“ so it could be a student or teacher at this school that killed professor Brockbsck?”

Professor daily asked as he came into the room. “ well I’m so glad they put you on the case my las.”

Professor daily smiled as he shook Tony hand.

“ you and mom put me on you mean sir sorry to be frank but I never wanted to ......”

“ Anthony so glad you’re here my son!”

“ mother why am I back here you know it’s torture?!”

“ because my family opened this school and that means the Holland name is at stake !”

“ plus. Cas Holland whispered to her son, “ I know you will keep it quite .”

With that his mom and the lutentant snuck off down a dimly lit hallway leaving the young man alone with the echoes of bad memories of someone locking him in a broom closet at this very school! 

“ Tony?”

“ your hand is shaking.”

Clenching his hand into a fist trying to stop  its shaking Tony explained to his co worker detective Haily Brandon a woman he was growing close to .

“ some Nero scientists believe that our body can store memories . And the tenor in my hand didn’t happen till well into my teen years after I started having nightmares so my therapists think those nightmares and the hand tremor are connected to what happened to me as a child and what happened to me here at this school.”

“ we’re you hurt here Tony ?”

Brin his co worker asked in concern.

Yet Tony ignored her question and did his job. Gentler suggesting to lutentant Gorde gather the students that were mentioned in the last entry in headmaster Brockbsck ......”

Stopping short Tony ran into the crime scene and they all heard a splash!

The headmasters little black book 

SPLASH!!!

Gorde and Ben the interim headmaster or professor daily and Adrianna another FBI agent all rushed into the pool room where nates desk, chair and whole office furniture were still in the pool water. 

And was where the brown haired buff twenty five year old Tony was now swimming. Suite and all !

What’s he doing in there?!”

Simone Tony’s mom asked Gorde but it was professor Alan daily who answered her as he replied. “ your son is solving the crime with his brilliant mind!”

At that very moment a soggy wet Tony surfaced dripping wet from head to toe as he climbed out of the pool holding a little black book .

Lining them up as if they were lambs to the slaughter lieutenant Gorde stood at the podium at the head of their huge gymnasium as only three teens entered the gym! Sitting dow as gorde spoke in a direct manner. And sternly as he explained 

“ we found something that seems to indicate that one or all of you may hate professor Nathan brokkback enough to  have killed him.”

“ What?!”

All three senior year students gasped in raw horror.

As a straw bury blonde haired teen girl in glasses and a skirt and blouse stood up clearly outraged. “ I’d like you to know that while I saw the headmaster the afternoon he died I had nothing to do with it!”

“ I can voucher for ms Marin she was in our library researching something for me.”

“ ok what about you Alan alistair?!”

a lanky brown haired boy in round glasses stood up and stuttered as he tried to fix us suite and red tie. “ “ I was tutoring a first year student in the library that day .”

“ the nerd was. I saw him with that first year first rate asthma freak jimmy gearge!”

The perfect girl spoke up and said. 

“ ok how about you Gary Reid?”

“ had football tryouts in captain coach Zachariah can vouche for me.”

“ ok how about Mandy mandarin ?”

“ snuck out for a joint got caught and have detention for a week ask mrs. whitmore she caught me.”

“ thanks for your time .” Tony breathed suspiciously as he once again held up the headmasters little black book and replied. Thanks just one more question. “ Do you all hang out ?”

To which the girl who confessed about smoking replied sarcastically . “ a perfect a nerd a jock and me....”

“ a stoner ,”

The perfect girl scoffed .

“ please nine of us wanna breathe the same air let alone hang out!”

“ maybe not.”

Tony laughed as he explained . “ yet you all display the very characteristics of my suspects profile!”

“ paranoia , grandiosity , genius and smug.”

“ whatever I’m pity !”

The perfect girl scoffed as she and the other students

Minutes after they had interrogated the four students just as Tony headed out to get a sub for lunch. He was cornered in the hallway as he headed for the stairs to leave the school. 

“ how dare you interrogate those students son!”

Closing his mismatched colorectal eyes and taking a deep breath Tony readied himself to face her!

*

As they now sat on a wooden park bench in central part as they discussed the case. “ just try to remember cas loves this school and that was why she wants you on the case. And why she sent you to the school as a young boy she’s very proud of the son she a adopted .”......

“ ya so she wanted me to assimilate right into her richly rich world!”

Tony hissed as his hand tremor started once again. Just as he was launched into another memory flashback.

“ Anthony whitmore I now know what you really are and that you killed that poor student “....”

“ Tony you ok?!”

Gorde as Tony shook his head mumbling. “ ya ya I’m all good.”

As he stood and wandered off telling gorde “ be right back need to ask professor daily something.”

*

Professor Alan daily the old msn with long gray hair who had personally asked cas whitmore for her sons help on this case sat surrounded by book cases in a small windowless office in the very rear of the boarding schools huge library . He had had that very same office in 1983 when Tony had attended the school . So the young man easily found it now because in school Tony had found professor daily and his office to be sort of a sanctuary for him both from bullies in the school teachers and his home life. And the nightmares he was always having.

At the very same moment Tony was visiting Alan daily the medical examiner that works for the fbi was bored and exploring the boarding school. Her favorite profilor Tony had once called home as had stumbled into a room she would have loved when she herself was a teenager

“ you’re going to the hospital because someone attacked you do you remember who .....”

“ it was the perfect girl and her friends you just interrogated !”

“ so they are friends Tony was right .” 

“ you and that perfect girl packs a couple of good punches they surrounded me I had no way out!

The Tattletale 

“ My boy come right in and have a seat!”

Alan daily smiled as Tony Holland approached his office door but did not enter . As his ex teacher but still a good msn to look up to met him at the office door asking in concern. “ you still cluster phobic ?”

Choking down his fear Tony nodded and asked when Drew locked me in that broom closet in school and said he knew my real last name who would’ve told him my birth name?”

Shrugging professor daily replied. “ no teacher here told him your birth name the dorms received a phone call asking for you by Anthony Thorn.” Suddenly as if a lightbulb had gone off in his mind Tony left the boarding school and drove straight to Rose hill assylum !

Rose hill assylum hospital in Brooklyn New York looked as creepy and shady as it’s two story stone fortress stood overlooking the harbour ominously ! As Tony parked his black 67 Chevy impala car in the visitor parking lot and ran up the stone stairs two by two to the iron door and pressed the intercom button demanding to see the vamp surgeon !

“Relation to the patient ?”

A women’s voice asked over the intercom box by the door .

“ I’m his son who he tried to murder at age two !”

“ oh ok...,”

“ stay outside the red line around the prisoner please .”

The fairs instructed as a messy haired bald on top of his head short old msn clunked out of the dim light in his cell with a chain around his foot and handcuffs on him as the man in the orange prison jump suite said to Tony .” My boy it’s been so long since.....”

“ since you tried to kill me and did kill my mother ?!”

Smirking the now eighty year old man asked , “ so you remember the night she died but that’s not the truth  and you know it !”

Feeling his anger rise in him

Like a valcano about to blow up Tony bellowed . “ stop lying you and I both know you did it but you wanted to escape the murder by blaming me your child because you passed on your serial killer gene legacy to me your son and thought hey tell the police our toddler murdered my wife and I’ll go to a cushy mental hospital when really the gene that makes serial killers is a very real thing and you have it and because of that so do I!” 

“ and?!”

Freddie Winchester laughed.

“ and I will prove one day you betrayed me by telling them I killed my mom when it was really you ....”

“ how do you know you didn’t kill Emily ?”

Freddie asked in a cocky voice .

“ Because in boarding school I had a chance to kill someone who was bullying me and I didn’t where as you who also has the gene killed my mom I saw you that was why you tried to kill me to but gorde got there in time to stop you from killing e didn’t he?!”

Laughing coldly his father nodded “ very good son you make a fine profiler but your mother’s murder isn’t why your here after all these years is it?!”

“ no Fred I want to know why after all I did to escape your dark legacy and the evil gene in me that could one day make me a serial killer to why you would call the boarding school and tell them I was the one who killed my mom not you?!”

“ you telling them that got me expelled dad that’s three huge times in my young life you’ve betrayed me !

Tony watched as in the dim light in the cell room by the one window in the furnished cell . His fathers strong face drained completely pale !

And even before Fred had to defend himself Tony stammered . “ no it wasn’t you who told the school was it?”

Still his father was silent as Tony went on “ yes you tried to kill me and you did murder mom but after I got away that night you let me go you haven’t even contacted me in years so you did not tell the school though you broke my heart and betrayed me when I was young you’re not the betrayer now .....”

Leaving the mental hospital Tony drove right back to the boarding school !

Back at the boarding school Tony so hated he ran right to professor daily office once again and this time walked right in . Announcing to the old professor. “ surrounded by books still eh ?”

“ books are better....”

Professor daily replied as Tony explained .” “ books are better because they don’t talk back !”

“ like students do ,”

The professor finished as he replied . “ you have a purposeful look about you what’s going on?”

“ I went to see my birth father in jail after many years and asked if he dared call here to tell my real name.”smirking the old professor asked ,almost knowingly. “ let me guess he did it and admitted it proudly what a horrid parent .....,”

“ actually he helped me figure things out and yes he was innocent of calling the dorms and telling them I was his son but now I know who told the student that locked me in the closet and who killed that student and headmaster brockback .... you professor Daily ! You wanted to run the school so you could feel like you were doing something  so you had those three kids do it and you got them to by threatening that if they didn’t kill him you’d make sure they never saw college !”

“ I always loved your brilliant mind Tony that was why I asked your mom to send you . “

” you also hoped I wouldn’t catch on to you you murdered the headmaster and that student from when I went here all to get rid of me and to get me bsck here .” Because you knew you could use me!”

” Yes !”

the gorde put him in jail. So Tony was betrayed by both his birth father and favorite reacher good thing Gorde was just like family .

February 01, 2021 01:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.