29 comments

Horror Romance Science Fiction

 

"Call me crazy, but I just had an encounter with a werewolf." 

"Huh? You can't be serious, Val."

"Au contraire, Redd. I am dead-serious," Val grinned, looking at the man sitting beside her in her favorite watering hole, Drinks by the Beach in San Francisco.

He flicked a lock of flaming red hair out of his eyes, took a sip of his whiskey sour, and said, "You're on. I dare you to tell me this tale. If your story's compelling enough, I will buy the next round of drinks."

"And who knows where that will lead," Val giggled.

"Hmm, we'll see."

Val downed a shot of tequila, leaned her head back, squirted some lime juice from a wedge into her mouth, and took a sip of her beer back.

"Will you excuse me for a moment, Redd? I will be right back."

The man nodded.

Val walked to the powder room, applied a bit of red lip gloss, adjusted her short black leather skirt, ran a comb through her shoulder-length/buzz cut lavender hair, smiled, and winked at her reflection. Then she returned to her seat at the bar and resumed the conversation.

"Here's what happened: I met a man last night not far from where we're sitting now. His name was Roberto. He was not only hot but charismatic, too. Long story short, we had a few laughs and some drinks. We hit it off, and he was charming. Who wouldn't go for that?"

Redd quirked an eyebrow, "And?"

"I invited him home."

"Yeah?"

Val giggled, "The chemistry between us was through the roof. We couldn't strip fast enough."

Redd smiled but said nothing. He sipped his cocktail and popped the maraschino cherry garnish in his mouth.

"At the exact moment of penetration, he began to change. Suddenly, he shifted to a woof-woof.

"I ran for my life, screaming and coming at the same time," Val laughed.

"Alright, Val. That's at least worth one round."

Redd ordered and paid for their drinks. 

"What say we take this party elsewhere, Val?"

Val crossed her long shapely legs, looked at the redhead beside her, and grinned, "Why not? My place or yours, handsome?"

"No matter. Mine?"

"Okay. Let's go, Redd."

After the valet parked the man's flyer in front of the establishment, they flew to his home in the Sausalito hills.

"Ooh, I love your pad, Redd—breathtaking view of the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge."

"You take my breath away, gorgeous," Redd noticed that the girl's eyes were dilated with desire.

"Drinks?" he asked.

"Uh-uh, I want you, Redd. Now. Come hither, and I'll show you."

Redd swooped her up in his arms. They fell onto the plush sheepskin carpet in front of the crackling fireplace, laughing. 

"I've never been with a redheaded man before."

"Oh? What about redheaded women?" Redd teased her, chortling.

"Not yet. You'll be my first red, Redd," she giggled.

Val began to disrobe.

"Slow your roll, Val. I want to linger over every delectable inch of you. You are an exceptional woman, exquisite." 

Val smiled, "As in eye-candy?"

"Yes. I want to savor you. Slowly," Redd replied, panting.

She kicked her crimson heels off. Then, she unfastened her black seamed stocking garters. Redd was sitting on a turquoise lounge chair, enjoying the view. She rolled her stockings down, one at a time, removed her skirt, silk blouse, and sashayed over to him. 

"Hmm," he smiled, sliding her panties off, inhaling her scent.

The man kissed her taut nipples. Before he could ravish the girl's body further, she pulled him up, crushed her lips against his, and unbuttoned his shirt, one button at a time, kissing each part of his chest as it was revealed, working her way down to the trail of hair that led past his naval. It was beyond erotic. Redd was so excited that he slipped out of his clothes as fast as he could. When they were both naked, he pulled her on top of him, impaling her.

Val moaned, "Uhhhh,—"

"Hmm, come for me, my little temptress."

Val screamed as the orgasm shook her to the core. The man watched her as she curled her toes and shut her eyes in the throes of rapture. Then, she arched her back. To his surprise, his conquest transformed from a human to a she-wolf.

The redheaded man orgasmed, screaming, and bit her neck. Hard. Little did Val know that Redd was an ancient Celtic vampire and that she had met her counterpart. He drained her blood dry.

A few nights later, a man sauntered into the Drinks by the Beach tavern, sat down on a barstool and ordered an Irish Whiskey.

"Well, hello Carrot Top," a shapely blond said.

The man looked around, and the girl giggled.

The redheaded man grinned, and in a thick Irish brogue, inquired, "Do you mean me, young lass?"

They both laughed.

"Who else? Bartender, we need a fire extinguisher to put the flames on top of this man's head, out," she gestured in the man's direction, giggling.

The world-weary barkeep looked at them and grinned. He had seen it all.

The Irishman stood up, grabbed his drink, and ambled over to where the blond with a buzz cut was sitting.

"May I join you?" he inquired.

"I thought you'd never ask," the blond said with a laugh, "I'm Angelica."

"A pleasure to meet you, Angelica."

"My friends call me Angel."

He took a sip of his drink, "My name is Redd."

"How apropos. A perfect match between moniker and man," Angel giggled.

"May I buy you a drink, Angel?"

"I'd love one, Redd," she said, adjusting her scarlet silk dress.

Redd ordered their cocktails, gazing at the lovely woman sitting next to him.

"How'd I get so lucky, meeting a beauty like you?"

"Hmm, it goes both ways," Angel winked.

"Yeah?"

"Uh-huh. Let's play a game, Redd."

Redd thought about it, "It depends. What are the rules?"

"If you tell a tale worth hearing, then I'll buy the next round."

"Fair enough. Once upon a time, a young maiden fell in love. It was unrequited."

"Uh-huh," Angel took a sip of her cocktail.

"She lived in the Dublin Castle in the capital of Ireland. Her heart's desire was an ancient ancestor of mine who bore an uncanny resemblance to me, by the way. He wooed the young girl relentlessly, to no avail."

Angelica sipped her Mai Tai, "Is that so?"

"Patience, young lass. I'm getting there."

The girl giggled and drained her drink.

"This went on for endless weeks. The two besotted teens dispatched notes to one another via their servants," Redd paused, "you do know that there was no internet service back in the 14th century, right, lass?"

She laughed.

"Then, the maiden escaped from under the watchful eye of her guardian."

"What happened next?" Angelica asked.

Thinking that his companion's question was rhetorical, Redd ignored her and motioned to the barkeep for another round. He pointed at Angelica's cocktail, but she shook her head, no.

"And then?" Angel reiterated, fidgeting in her seat.

"My dear, I'd reach the climax of my story if you didn't interrupt me so often," he laughed, "the young are so impatient.

"Anyway, upon the first face-to-face, the two young lovers were so ardent that they tore their threads off. As my progenitor sealed the deal, she bit his neck and drained the young lad's blood. On the brink of death, he orgasmed. He survived and is still alive. He tells me that the first time is the best. The end."

The girl grinned, "Bravo. That was definitely worth another round. Barkeep," she motioned to the bartender.

"I have an idea, uh, Angelica. Why don't we reconvene at my place?"

"What if you're a psychopath?"

He laughed, "Me? Don't be silly, lass. I have champagne, amenities. Besides, why don't you reciprocate and tell me a tale? It's a fair turnabout. Don't you think, my angelic Angel?" 

She sized him up, thinking, hmm, he looks harmless, and he is hot.

"Okay. But do bear in mind, Redd, that I know Taekwondo."

The redhead chuckled, "No need, dear. I can assure you, I am a perfect gentleman."

They left the bar and flew to Redd's place.

After the flyer parked itself in the rooftop cupola and the oculus closed behind them, they took the lift down.

Angelica whistled, "Wow, impressive. This is some estate, Redd."

"I do okay," he grinned, "champagne?"

"Only if you hurry back."

"Gladly."

Redd returned with two champagne-filled flutes and a bottle tucked inside an ice bucket on a silver tray. When he saw the girl, he almost dropped it. Except for a pair of come-sex-me ebony pumps, she was utterly nude.

Angelica walked over to the man. He started to say something, but she put a finger to his lips, "Shhh," and kissed him with such passion that he was rock-hard and aching for her.

"Angelica, oh Angelica. Ooh—you are like ambrosia and fragrant flowers."

The girl unzipped his pants and dropped to her knees, pleasuring him. Then, she pulled the man down and wrapped her legs around his waist in rapture. That's when it happened. She punctured his neck with two sharp incisors. The orgasm was so exquisite that they climaxed together, trembling and clinging onto one another.

When they caught their breath, Redd said, "That was the best one yet, honey. I adore you."

"Hmm, are you glad you married me, Redd?"

"You know the answer to that, my love. I am. I would say 'I do' a thousand times over if only to be with you for a single moment. That's how precious you are to me, my beloved."

"That is so romantic," she smiled.

"You bring that out in me, darling."

What I wouldn’t do for love, Redd O’Neil thought.

"Aren't we lucky to have found one another, Redd?"

"Oh, yeah. What are the odds that after centuries, two shapeshifters would meet and fall in love?"

His mate thought about it, "Nil-to-none," they both laughed.

 

END

 

February 15, 2021 14:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

29 comments

16:19 Feb 24, 2021

First off, this story is awesome! It really satisfied me! I just wanted to let you know, that there is a contest going on for a whopping $540!!! I really believe that you would succeed in this contest! Sadly, I can't paste this link on Reedsy, but I can on email! If you want more details for this contest, can you please send me your email address so I can send you the link?

Reply

Carol Johnson
15:40 Mar 02, 2021

Yeah, thanks for that thought I really appreciate the vote of confidence in my skill as a storyteller. I was going to refer you to the $20K vocal.media contest, that is, until I saw the $10 a month fee that I don’t believe in. I consider fees for entering contests to be predatory, or an encroachment on a hapless writer’s pocketbook. How’s a starving artist supposed to get paid for their hard-earned work? I’m working so hard on my novel/trilogy based on this story herein, that I made a decision to cease entering contests at this time. But I’m...

Reply

20:04 Mar 02, 2021

You're very welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Michael Boquet
03:50 Feb 26, 2021

Clicked on the story because of the title and was hooked from the very first sentence. Great mix of erotica and horror. I also like the gender bent hinting at Little Red Riding Hood. I was confused if the two women were the same person. Like, was it a role play sex game or was the first woman a victim? I think it's the former but the story doesn't really make it clear. Regardless, highly enjoyable story. Loved it.

Reply

Carol Johnson
03:51 Mar 02, 2021

I’d love to answer that question, but what would be the fun in that? Guess you’ll have to read the novel that this first story is based on. I really enjoyed your comment. Many thanks for the feedback.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wally Schmidt
17:16 Apr 19, 2023

Stumbled onto this story and am so glad I did. Stellar dialogue to accompany the storytelling

Reply

Show 0 replies
Atenaga Monday
14:26 Sep 04, 2022

Amazing story but please can everyone reading this also check out my new book on amazon Novel of fortune or Billionaire Kiss author Atenaga Monday, please just help a writer like me and support this movement.....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Creed .
21:25 Feb 07, 2022

Hey, do you think you could unfollow me? I'm young and your story isn't exactly for young eyes. If you could, that would be great, thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Philip Clayberg
18:15 Mar 21, 2021

Great story. Thank you for writing it. It's a bit more explicit at times than I would write about in my own stories. But it's never to shock; it definitely fits into the story's flow. Rather like the intimate scenes in the book, "The Time Traveler's Wife": they belong there and the book would feel weaker without them. I am puzzled about one thing, though: The second woman Redd met at the bar - at first, it seemed like they were strangers - but, then, later at his place, Angel asks, "Are you glad you married me?" Did he know who she w...

Reply

Carol Johnson
21:37 Jun 17, 2021

The bar scenes are romantic interludes between two shapeshifters. Hey, after six centuries of being hitched, who wouldn't want to spice things up, heheh?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:55 Mar 21, 2021

Hey Carol, There are a lot of twists and turns in this story to keep the reader engaged, and just when you think you know what is about to happen the rug is pulled out from under your feet, so great job on that front. I wonder if in some places there is perhaps a little too much description? I'm thinking particularly of the detail you describe her taking taking her tequila shot in, and going to the bathroom to check her appearance at the beginning. I wonder if that could be condensed slightly? I really liked the line about the world-weary...

Reply

Carol Johnson
21:29 Mar 21, 2021

That story was a rough draft of the first chapter in a novel I’m writing. I love constructive criticism, and have revisited the scenes you referred to in the first chapter. Very helpful. I’m on the 14th chapter. Thanks so much.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Carol Johnson
21:39 Jun 17, 2021

Since I've written most of the novel to date, I found a trillion errors in the first chapter alone. Now the real work begins...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Jace A. King👑
20:34 Mar 12, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

Carol Johnson
05:20 Mar 15, 2021

Thank you! You are even more awesome ‘cuz without you, reading what I wrote, I would not be here. Luv ya!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vijay Poolakkal
07:55 Mar 03, 2021

I loved your story. It practically glued me to my seat till I finished reading. I felt a little disappointed that it ended abruptly. I thought Angelica would take on Redd and finish him off, and the story would take a new turn.

Reply

Carol Johnson
18:33 Mar 03, 2021

This story is part of a chapter in a novel, (a WIP). Once it's finished (and hopefully, published), it will continue. Your feedback is wonderful because it tells me that I'm on the right track. Thanks, many times over.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Carol Johnson
18:33 Mar 03, 2021

This story is part of a chapter in a novel, (a WIP). Once it's finished (and hopefully, published), it will continue. Your feedback is wonderful because it tells me that I'm on the right track. Thanks, many times over.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Ben Ramos
05:30 Feb 28, 2021

Way to go. Very eroctic tale. Good work.

Reply

Carol Johnson
03:52 Mar 02, 2021

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mike Telltruth
23:16 Feb 25, 2021

Was that the same female?

Reply

Carol Johnson
15:31 Mar 02, 2021

I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill the novel, heheh!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
James Mccoy
04:30 Feb 23, 2021

Carol Darlan, That was one of your best ones yet. I do remember you reading that to me. I believe. I will call you About it. Keep up the good work.”

Reply

Carol Johnson
15:42 Mar 02, 2021

Thanks so much, James. Always a pleasure.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Carol Johnson
21:48 Feb 19, 2021

This is part of the first chapter of a novel I am working on entitled, "The Girl Who Cried Woof". I hope you enjoy this story. Carola

Reply

Show 0 replies
Peter Wolff
20:28 Feb 16, 2021

Hot story, sexy characters.

Reply

Carol Johnson
11:13 Feb 21, 2021

I loved writing it! Thanks so much.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Loved this first story Carol! Great first chapter, glad you shared.

Reply

Carol Johnson
15:43 Mar 02, 2021

It’s a pleasure. Loved hearing what you think. Very helpful.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.