The Aetherius Secret Society

Submitted into Contest #55 in response to: Write a story about a meeting of a secret society.... view prompt

6 comments

Mystery

Genuine secret societies have existed for centuries, conducting their business in darkened back rooms and more often than not, exerting a mysterious influence upon our culture.

I often times wondered if they’re so secret then why does anyone or mostly everyone knows or heard about them.

Through history there have been many secret societies and conspiracy theories about those societies. From political organizations to college frats, these groups require their members to conceal their activities and sometimes their identities, from the public. Visibly hiding behind closed doors I surmised.

I was determined as a young man growing up in Pennsylvania in the 1950’s and refusing to be a Quaker or join in the Society of Friends, a sect of religious radicals who were reviled by respectable society and subject to official persecution. I was mentally determined to diligently research to find me a secret society that I would truly believe in until my dying days or until Apocalypse finally took place.

I looked into joining the Ordo Templi Orientis Secret Society, a mystic organization that was started in the early twentieth century. The group was established along the same lines as the less secretive Freemasons and supposedly relied on ritual and occult practices as a means for members to move from one level of prestige to another within the organization. That wasn’t for me at all.

Then I looked up The Order of Skull and Bones, a Yale University Secret Society, was originally known as the Brotherhood of Death. I barely graduated from high school.

I gladly excepted joining The Aetherius Secret Society. I was an Army brat while our family was stationed in London, England. That’s when I first heard about this cab driver George King who would sit in his cab at Caxton Hall in the Westminster section of London and psychically channel and record messages from ‘Cosmic Masters’. It was confirmed that after practicing yoga extensively, King developed psychic powers of his own. In 1954, a voice told him he was to be the Earthly representative of an inter-planetary parliament. That’s all I needed to hear to become a lifetime member of this Secret Society. A week after George’s experience, a world famous yoga master passed through a locked door into King’s West London apartment and instructed him to form a group dedicated to helping the planet. The swami went on to teach him yoga, prayer and meditation which enabled him to receive telepathic messages from ‘Aetherius’ beings on Venus. Based on his experiences and these messages, King founded The Aetherius Society. Today, Aetherius Society members such as myself number in the thousands with 58 churches worldwide. The majority of these churches are in the UK, with the headquarters in Fulham, in Southwest London.

As a true member of The Aetherius Secret Society we were quickly taught to believe that Jesus is an extraterrestrial being from the planet Venus and that all of the various religious leaders have come to Earth from different planets to teach mankind the proper way of living. These extraterrestrial religious leaders operate on a different “frequency of vibration” from humans on Earth, which is why we are unable to see them or their civilizations on other planets and why reports of UFO sightings often include details of the spacecraft blinking in and out of view. The Motherships, scout patrol vessels and special-purpose vessels are among those accounted for in the Aetherius Society’s literature. The reason why these beings cannot land openly is because of the negative karmic effects created by human beings by their neglect of God’s laws and the Teachings of the Masters. The society predicts the coming of the next ‘Master’ from space once Earth humans have spiritually advanced themselves and balanced their collective karma. A key teaching is that humanity has an immensely promising future if they choose the ‘right’ way of living. This Master will arrive in a spacecraft with great power and present his credentials to the leaders of Earth. Those who continue to engage in war will be removed from the Earth, to be reborn on another planet where they will continue their spiritual progress; while those who understand the spiritual law will remain on Earth to enjoy the new millennium.

The first few things that are asked if we decide to make you a lifetime member is that if you are genuinely searching for spiritual truth, you know that an “ordinary” life will never be enough for you. If you are looking for something more: real answers to fundamental questions about why we are here, what life is really about and where we are going. Perhaps you’re searching for the key to your spiritual destiny; your mission in life. Perhaps you feel a calling to help people to make the world a better place or a calling to do something about the suffering of others, not just talk about it. But what? Humanity as a whole is failing to solve the biggest challenges that we face on this planet: disease, poverty, violent crime, war, pollution, possible ecological collapse and a lack of real leadership and collective vision.

By joining The Aetherius Secret Society will answers all these thoughts and questions for you. The Aetherius Society does not fit into the popular image of a new religion that indulges in heavy-handed recruiting tactics. In practice much of the work is dedicated to conducting and/or maintaining several operations and/or missions, among which are: Operation Starlight, a mission carried out between 1958 and 1961 during which 19 select mountains were charged with spiritual energy that can be radiated to uplift our world by anyone who prays unselfishly on them; Operation Space Power, which involves the cooperation of the Aetherius Society with Interplanetary Beings to radiate spiritual power to earth during “Spiritual Pushes”, Operation Bluewater, in which alleviated the effects of a warp in the earth’s magnetic field, a warp produced by atomic experiments and the negative thoughts and actions of human beings that interfere with the natural flow of spiritual energies to earth.

Operation Sunbeam, through which spiritual energy is restored to the earth as a token repayment for all the energy humanity has taken from it. Operation Prayer Power, which involves the storing of spiritual energy through prayer and mantra, an energy that can be released to relieve suffering anywhere on earth and several past missions that saved the earth from evil extraterrestrial intelligences or entities (the Alien Mission and Operation Karma light). These last two missions were almost entirely performed by Interplanetary Beings and are not being conducted or maintained by the society. Probably one of the most interesting aspects of these missions is their technical aspect. Some of them required the designing and building of special equipment. Thus, for instance, Operation Prayer Power needs unique batteries and transmission systems. The ritual of the Aetherius Society, which can be rather elaborate, is carried out on a weekly basis and on special commemorative occasions. The temple where the services are held (often a small room) is usually decorated with religious symbols that include a photograph of George King and a portrait of the Master Jesus. Every week the following services are held: a prayer meeting that includes a short meditation period, the recitation of the Twelve Blessings of Jesus and petitions for the healing at a distance for anyone who has requested to be placed on the healing list a service dedicated to Operation Prayer Power a private healing service and a regular Sunday service, during which taped instructions or lectures of Dr. King and messages from various planetary beings might be played. On a yearly basis the start and/or completion of several of the missions and operations are commemorated Pilgrimages to the Holy Mountains, charged with spiritual power during Operation Starlight, are periodically made by devoted members of the Secret Society. When I heard of what was being offered it was quite easy for me to join.

August 16, 2020 15:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Henry Farley
12:13 Aug 29, 2020

Rich imagination and clarity of message. Start was a little slow but its always difficult to set the scene before getting to the main body of the story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:21 Aug 22, 2020

Great story Blane! I enjoyed it and all the lovely names of the different operations. I like your descriptions. Your story is well thought-out and beautifully written!

Reply

Blane Britt
15:54 Aug 22, 2020

Thank you for your comment. Tell if you can why some writer receive a lot of comments when in truth to me the stories aren't that good.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jesna Anna S.
15:41 Aug 16, 2020

Interesting! I liked the way the history of the societies were presented. Keep writing!

Reply

Blane Britt
18:13 Aug 16, 2020

Thanks. I'll read a few of your short stories.

Reply

Jesna Anna S.
18:16 Aug 16, 2020

Please do. I appreciate your feedback

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.