0 comments

Crime Western Fiction

Once upon time, a spring day in May, the town was silent with snowy cold mist. The weather was being so nice and everyone loved to stay in house without going out anywhere else. The poet Mr. Dupre was writing the poem about the girl who was beautifully walking towards in the mist. Her figure was clear and clearer when she ran closer to him. He couldn’t look away from her at that time because she was so beautiful like an angel in the mist. She wore a beautiful baby pink dress with fluffy coat. She ran over to the church and then she opened the door and ran again towards the stage. When she was at stage, she sit down on her kneel and beg and pray at god. Today was her birthday and she believed the god will fulfill her wish. Mr. Dupre went closer to her but it wasn’t close enough so he didn’t hear what she was praying for. Then, she went back through the door and disappears in the mist. That day was unforgettable day in his life. He wanted to see her once again. Today was the same as he met her at that time in the past. When he finished writing the poet about her with using beautiful words, he took this to the publisher for the weekly article. He walked down to the downtown because he lived up the hill far away from town. He didn’t see anyone else on the road, inside the streets and also at shop. He thought why they were disappearing today. With all his thoughts in mind, he kept walking on the street to the publishing house. Suddenly, he stopped and looked at the car which was stopping right next to the street in front of the bakery. The person who came down to the street was the angel he was dreaming all along. She came down and went into the bakery beautifully this time again. She wore a black ashy dress with light blue coat this time. Her hair was silky long wavy brown hair and her lips are red like a berry fruits. Her pale skin was so match with the misty snow. He couldn’t move forward over an hour. He just stands over there like a stone. Thankfully, the Aunty who knew him was padding his back and his soul back into his body. Aunty said “where have you been”. He said “someone use magic over me, Aunty Clara”. Then the aunty Clara was looking around him and checking him well. Then, Aunty Clara said “are you out of your mind or did you get cold”. Suddenly, he put himself back and he told to aunty “oh, right I have to go now to the publishing house, see you later at shop”. Then, he moved to the publishing house.

                       When he went there, everyone was lazing on their desk. Working slowly and not making enough movement like spring time. So, he greeting them first “hello everyone, I am here with the poem”. Then, they looked at him and said “oh! Great we thought you couldn’t make it on time”. He said “I just did it so I hurried to send it to you for your magazine this week”. The person who accepted the article was checking on his paper and said “Sir, you are well done again, I knew people will love it, its matched with the magical and beautiful moment happening now”. Mr. Dupre said “thanks for saying, I have to go now” then he said goodbye to them and leave that place. He head straight to the church where he met her first time. Unexpectedly, he found her there, sitting silently in front of the god so he thought “what did she pray over to god this time”. He didn’t want to disturb her, so he sit at the back side of the bench inside the church without making a noise. When she stands back and walks towards the door, her face was being much paler than normal just like she was seeing a ghost in front of her. First, he thought that was because of him. Later, he moved his body and looked straight to the place she was staring at. Then, he saw a real ghost standing there. That was the woman who was icy cold face, the eyes are black and the lips are cracking and the clothes she wore were torn into pieces but she didn’t act like she was being cold. Then, he walked towards that woman and said “Miss are you okay, where are you from, aren’t you cold”. When he gets closer to her, he saw the bruises all over her body, arms, legs and face. So, he knew that he might call out someone for helping her. Before he went to call the nuns and father who in charge of this church, he shake the girl who was angel in his mind and told her “please take care of this lady for a while I will be back with help”. After he finished saying she looked at him and nodded towards him, so he thought she understand what he meant. He went into the back room and knocked the door to call someone. Then, the father was coming towards him by opening the door and father asked what happened. He said “please help the woman, who came into the church, she needed help so please”. Father was moving towards the front door with him. Then, he saw the lady with wearing torn clothes and bruises over body and face was lying down over the floor so he thought she was fainting. They moved her body to inside church with his angel by help of nuns. An hour later, that woman was getting back alive and breathes as normal. Then, she said a first word to them “the guys was coming after me, they find me everywhere please help me, I beg you”. They said “calm down please say the words one by one you are safe now you are in the church”. An hour later, her condition was much stable. So, she started talking about everything and why she ran over the church today. She was trapping inside the room without windows and couldn’t open the door. She was shocking at that time, the last memory she remembered is she was on the road to bakery shop. She was working at local bakery shop but there were no one who hated her in local. She was moving from other city since 10 years ago so she was the resident now in their small town. So, they asked her “what else do you remember at that place”. Then, she told them “there was a big man who had strong shoulders and hands like a bad guy, he slapped me all time and punched me and kicked me and the other guys were watching over the room for guarding me outside, so I couldn’t go out anywhere else because they were always changed duty on guarding me, I didn’t know why they do that to me”.

                         Before she finished talking to them, they heard the voices of men running towards their church. So, father sneaked out from the window and then he saw many big men came to the church. Now, they knew they were come here for searching her. They might found the blood on the ground but they hurried make to change the direction. They sent the girl who was angel of Dupre instead. She went out from the main entrance door and then she met them. At that time, she was shocking to meet the person because the person was her uncle. He told her “why do you came over here this time again, you father didn’t told you not to came here on misty time”. She was saying back to him “I am here to pray for mother who was having serious illness now, I came here every day for mother please don’t let father knew about this uncle”. Then, her uncle took her back to home. That woman was save now. Their plan was work, then they asked her how she survived and came out. She told them “I think god was saving me because at that time every one was going out for some case and they forgot to close the door, so luckily I can go out and ran away from there, I ran and ran and then I am here in the church I couldn’t eat or drink for a long time so I was weak and cold I might seem weird on others but I was thank you to save me”. The father and nuns said “you can stay here before your wounds recover well; we will take care of you all those times and tried to solve your problem as much as we can”. Mr. Dupre said “Yes, we will help you”. Then, Mr. Dupre leaves the church and head back to home. When he arrived back, he asked Mrs. Simpson about the bully men in the town they were rich family and everyone afraid of them but why. Mrs. Simpson warned him to not go near them and then she said about that family. They were the rich family who did both black and white business. They gave loan and they had many firms under control. If the person who gets a loan from them didn’t pay back on time, they will take that person’s precious properties and owns including the family of that person. So, everyone afraid of them, they punished someone who sneaky or nosy over their business. Now, he knew why that woman faced that kind of big problem. The big group of men who did loan business was like a mafia. Like behind the misty snow everything going to be happen. If someone kill innocent person during misty snow time, no one will know what happened at there. Because of the misty snow, none of them can see clearly each other if far or near. He knew they must report about this to local police but he went to church for discussing about her with other people who helped and safe her there. When he arrived to the church, he was being late because there was no one at there. So, he couldn’t think of anything else he just called to the local police and saying everything about that. When the police came over to the church, they told him there were no evidence of affray, it means they went over somewhere else on their own feet”. He said “it couldn’t be possible”, then he told them about the woman he saw yesterday at church. When he finished telling them about these, they said why you didn’t report to us earlier. Then, they hurried go and check to the Vincent family’s mansion and other buildings of their own.

                    When they arrived the main gate was close, there was no one guarding. That was so strange; police was breaking the door and getting into their mansion. The main entrance door was closed from the outside too. But they heard the soft voice which was yelling over someone so the polices went to the back yard. Then, they found the door to break in the house. The police men found the people they took from the church. The big men who he mentioned them before was slapping the father and punches and kicked the woman he saved at church were lying over the floor. The police saw that situation and they catches everyone who did violate over innocent people. He stayed at there until that group of men took by police car. When they went away, he hurried go to the people who got attack by those group. Then, he saw the angel he wrote in poem was lying on the floor near the staircase, her forehead was cover with blood. So, he called emergency car for all of them, they needed immediate treatment. Luckily, they reached to hospital in time; he went to the angel’s room for checking she is okay. When she awake, she said “thanks you to him directly because he saved her family’s name and took police in time for putting her uncle and his group into jail”. He told her “I didn’t do anything best for you, if I was there on time you won’t be hurt and the father didn’t get attack by someone like him”. Later, they were getting in touch than anyone else. He knew her name also and started the relationship with her as he ever dreamed of. Now, he was happy over year later. There was misty snow again in May but he wasn’t being alone anymore. The town was being much friendly than ever. The town wasn’t being quiet like before because there had no one else who make people scary to go outside. 

January 22, 2021 14:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.