My story is entitled the young man Samuel Leroy had an encounter with a black cat.

Written in response to: Start your story with a character encountering a black cat.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled the young man Samuel Leroy had an encounter with a black cat.


Once upon a time, Samuel Leroy and his friends walked home full of regret and sorrow.

Also they did not blame anyone at all. Their main concern was how to get well and fit by the following day both the boys and girls at school were sure to ask some questions and they demanded answers to such probing questions.

They mentioned that what answers could they give. Again what would the teachers do exactly in school.


In addition they would gather all the students including Samuel Leroy before the whole school and punish them by beating them for going in search of the black cat.

Other staff of the school were those who pointed accusing hands at Samuel Leroy and his friends for being the only students who want to bring evil upon the school by bringing the black cat into the school.

The staff at the school thought that the black cat was a symbol of evil and death. Sometimes Samuel Leroy and his friends did their homework at their various homes whilst others were sad indeed for being late at school.

Others argue that most sudden death of teachers and other students of the school is due to the fact that they had an encounter with the black cat.

They never thought the black cat was evil and deadly.

Most students also commented that the black cat was a symbol of bad luck and that hinders prosperity in life.


Whilst we were thinking of such issues my brother came out of the bush with a black cat at the back of the school. They all saw our appearance including our teachers. They were all shocked and they informed their mother about the strange black cat.

Samuel Leroy and his friends almost feared the worst.


Whilst mother actually came out,she was standing alone shivering with some sort of fever and fear.

Samuel Leroys father was not in by then and due to this he was lucky for he was noted as some sort of a severe man.

Also Samuel Leroys father could have punished and whipped him there and then.

It was just then that he heard a shout coming from Victorias house.

Help! Help! exclaimed one young man by name Ebenezer, Victoria has fainted.

Also if he could have fainted too by then ,he could have his fathers sympathy.

However he did not faint.

The young man was laid on the mat and then covered with many clothes.

It was the village doctor who was sent for to treat Victoria at the hospital due to her fainting since she had an encounter with a black cat.

The medical doctor gave Victoria some medicine to lick because she was feeling drowsy and she often faints.

The medicine was very sweet.


As observed the medicine was mixed with honey that helps to cure all illness in regards to fainting.

Almost all part of his body was rubbed with this same kind of medicine and he felt sticky.

However in about thirty minutes he was sick almost all over his entire body. Within a little time ,he fell asleep and then woke up the following morning completely recovered from her illness.


As noted all the swellings on her face and body had almost disappeared in her sleep.

She then looked into the mirror and saw that she was her old self again.

As she got ready for school she wondered what had happened to the others. It was just then that Dora came in looking excited.

Samuel Leroy , Victoria and other friends argued that the black cat should be attacked and killed. Due to this they believed that the black cat encounter is a sign of death.

Some of the school children were afraid of the black cat so they moved to Victorias house.

Apart from the bandage on her feet and the medicine she drank you wouldn't know whether it was the same girl who had been very ill and fainted earlier in the morning.

Almost everybody was now satisfied that nobody would ever hear of the adventure at the school premises.

It was unknown to them that however the news of the adventure had gone almost ahead of them at the school.

They then walked however into the school as usual as if nothing had happened entirely.


Again it was by then that both the boys and girls including Samuel Leroy and Victoria burst into some sort of laughter and a song in praise for the young adult Prince Somebody who was able to catch the black cat in a cage.

Due to the saying of the God of Animals Bapthomet ,it was mentioned that Animals should not be killed for food often but we must desist from such bad habits.


In addition Bapthomet,the God of Animals advised that the black cat should not be killed. The black cat was caught in a trap and then later delivered to the Administration of the Zoo Authorities.

Also Prince Somebody was obedient to the God of Animals Bapthomet, that he ordered and supervised for the black cat to be kept in the zoo for tourist attraction. It was noted that the zoo had no black cats for tourist attraction but only brown and white cats.

Although the black cat was termed to be very harmful they often kept the black cat in the zoo.


Finally unknown to some of them the news of the adventure of Samuel Leroy, Victoria and his other friends had gone almost ahead of us within the school.

Also Samuel Leroy and his friends walked into the school as usual as if nothing had happened entirely.

It was by then that both the boys and girls burst into some sort of laughter and a song.

The boys and girls were asked about their encounter with the black cats.

They clapped their hands in applause claiming that their encounter with the black cat was terrifying and frightening due to this they had to catch the black cat in a trap and send it to the zoo for safe dwelling.




October 26, 2022 06:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.