0 comments

Suspense Fantasy Fiction

It had been raining for the last two weekends consistently. That night electricity in the chawl went off. It had been two days since the electricity went off. Chawl slept into the darkness conundrum. It was a pitch-dark night. The chirping of birds and the sound of wall clock tickling heard in the room.

Night kites were whistling and chirping also heard. Frogs cloaking sound also mixed into it. Perspiration rolled over the body. A dark cloud hovered overnight. No signal of electricity arrival was to be seen. But still, there is a hope which was moving our life.

Two days before the old aged person had died in chawl. We attempted to burn his body to ashes because he was detected cancer afflicted for the last two years and had been bed stricken. He had a family of two daughters and a wife. The wife used to work as a housemaid near the Sherwani building. Due to scarcity of money wife also works extra at night in the same building. In meagre income, she could afford his medical treatment. Two daughters were young to get married.

When he died, he had been cremated in a nearby village graveyard by chawl people.

Since that night, the light went off, so all residents got scared of his ghost could haunt Chawl anytime. The unsatisfied soul he was!

One night his ghost came, knocked over the door, and would create a sound of horror into a chawl. But it was not ghosting of his but it was dog waged tails and moneylenders were knocked over door and disturbed chawl resident. Due to dark night and no electricity, it created the horror of his ghost. The moneylender visits his home at night. They demanded money from his wife and threatening her if she could not pay their money; they would ransack her life or kidnapped her daughter as a guaranteed amount or sell her to whorehouse. Dogs barking sound continued till morning.

She at early Morning before sunrise ran away with her daughter. A resident of chawl even did not know about them.

The fear of haunting chawl added barking dogs, made suspension grew into reality the only ghost of fear appeared in everyone's mind. Silhouette attended into imagination. His soul was not satisfied. He needed rebirth.

Since that night, electricity was gone, so all the residents got feared. Fear of his ghost. That night his room was closed. A sound of wailing and crying heard. Room illuminates with flickering bulb, someone in dark resident took courage and unlatched door. He found a charging bulb was flickering and blurring was seen. All feared people took sighs of relief. The hound of dogs was circled around the room and the barking of dogs was heard. One day he appeared near a rickshaw stand, hailed the bike rider of our resident but in dark his face looked blurred. When he went close there was nobody. Ghost silhouette news broke out like the wind. Somebody said that still, his soul has resided in the house. He was an unsatisfied soul. He needs ablution. Grah Shanti puja must be performed to satisfy his soul or appease his soul in heaven. Fear of haunting made everyone suspicious in the night. Nobody dared at night to go that way where he always used to come at home. One day a person took a shortcut. He already got late at night. He drives a bike. His bike took a turn as he moved, a fast fearing of his bad ghost come before the bike, he felt that something came and crossed his bike and he turned his bike upturned and collapsed into the water drain, got injured and got feared. He got a fever since that night. Somebody call the Fakir to remove the ghost. He used his broom and run over his whole body and he talked loudly.

“Who are you, what you want”,

‘Leave the body your wish will be fulfilled’

Then he pressed his forehead and asked who are, he forced them.

Then ghost in man suddenly started to talk in a different language and narrated his story

‘I am Kumar, who died in chawl, but my wished remained unfulfilled. My family is in danger please rescue my family.’ Before coming here, in this chawl, I hailed from Ulhasnagar, there I run Matka, there I called mutaka king and was famous. My position in areas was as Matka king my connection is with don. Nobody took hate with me. One day a girl met me in the bar and after seeing her I was attracted. I loved her on the first visit. She was the treasurer of beauty. I spent my money on her. She flirted with me. I had fallen in her love. She clutched me into her love drama. I was never rid of her clutch. One day mortgaged my wife Mangal sutra for the sake of her love.

I had lots of money; my family was in the village. My wife didn’t know about the affair. One day she got to know and decided to give me a divorce. But I was mad at her love, she did not know that I was married, when she got to know about my marriage, she cuts her relation with me and here my wife and children also left me. I was a lonely person in the world. Then one day I murdered that bar girl in her room and run away. I took a room in chawl, but I cannot get rid of her love. Her ghost always haunted me. She followed me where I went. She made me mad. She comes at night to kill me but my wife had a stroke of big luck, she gave me a coin that saved my life always. One day she killed me in my room and poured kerosene on me but I saved it. Due to fear, I start drinking a lot which leads to cancer. There is nobody to save and help me. I poisoned myself by drinking fennel.

“Please save my family from money lenders, they will torture my family and bid in flesh market”, a ghost request.

He then left the human body and after one week after again he appeared near rickshaw stands asking about cigarettes to an unknown person. When he disclosed the story of such person near rickshaw stand, the resident of chawl got feared and replied,

“That person was nothing but Kumar’s ghost”

Nobody knows where is Kumar’s family. Somebody said that Kumar’s wife got married to the same moneylender who tortured her to save her young daughters. Kumar’s soul was still travelling at night.

July 10, 2021 13:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.