0 comments

Bedtime Kids Adventure

Its not a regular day for Eric since he encountered something bizarre,something that made him feel the bliss of life. He was so touched by the random gesture of a guy called Jason.

Jason started to share Eric's story to his son.Once Eric was a great and famous musician , he had everything in his life like a beautiful and gorgeous wife, two sons, a private island, private jet, multiple bank accounts and what not. He lead a peaceful life. One fine morning Eric was enjoying his own company lying on the hammock in his beach house. Maid gave him freshly brewed coffee he sipped it with great joy because he loves coffee that's packed with breath gasping aroma. He wanted to take a nice bath , but he wanted to soak himself in the swimming pool till he gets bored. But he didn't, instead he went to beach to spend some time with the nature. There ,he noticed group of guys going with surf boards in their hands. He called one among them named Tim and introduced him as Eric and told about his desire to go on surfing and his inability to fulfill his wish too. 

Eric said,"Don't underestimate me Tim, I am not new to surfing". I have done this in my teens. So I think I can do it along with you now. Age doesn't matter. If you don't mind ,can you take me with Tim?, asked Eric

Tim raised his brows and told his friends about the desire of Eric and they planned to take him with them. He learned few techniques and finally stepped his legs in the surf board after 50 long years. His eyes got new spark to see the long forgotten aspect of making his soul happy. He felt he is moving on a timeless machine and limitless space. He experienced a flow that he couldn't able to language. A deep breath, exhaling all the stardust that helped him to make the surfing possible. That's it .Now Eric felt like a teenager who successfully paddled to the sea shore back.

The guys were stumbled upon Eric's graceful ride in the sea. They encouraged his child like curiosity to do more surfing rides on the daily basis. One day Tim and his friends tried extreme sports ,bicycle riding in the hills just to feel the same bliss they got during surfing. And Eric came to beach with his surf board and found his young friends were missing. The next day Eric asked his friends about their absence last evening. They told him about their new craze for bicycle riding and the flow state that's takes them in. 

Eric said,

Ahhh! Wow man.I want to do this too. I won't listen to your advice so please take me with you. I will not trouble you. Just take me with you all that's it.

Those guys understood his adamant nature and curiosity to try new things despite his age. They agreed to take him with them. Yeah, Eric didn't mind about the pleasures of worldly things he have acquired all his life. He just wanted to experience the new set of goals that's close to his heart.

They reached that place and did all the precautionary steps before going on a ride. But Tim was scared for Eric. 

On the other side Eric though fully excited to go on a ride to downhill. They all started to ride, Eric rode with them. But suddenly he lost his control and everything collapsed. He feel down on the slopy rock. His head was injured heavily .

Immediately the helpers rescued him and admitted in the hospital. His friends didn't know nothing about Eric. As soon as they reached down, they heard about Eric's accident and rushed to hospital to see him. Eric's family members were shocked to see Eric in this stage. Doctors walked here and there with lot of pressure that's clearly visible on their face.By seeing this Eric's family were so nervous and sad. Finally to break all the silence , a lady doctor named Angel, told about Eric's body condition to his family members. They were shocked to listen to Angel, since she told they fixed Eric's injury but since brain got injured he lost all his memory. 

Angel said, " yeah it's hard to digest but we should be happy that at least we have recovered him before any complications . He have survived from the near death accident .He cant identity any of you . His past memories are past. Try to create new memories for him. His future is in your hands and in the way you teach him about the world. You have to tell him who he is , his name, his identity in this grand universe 

After hearing this, Eric's family members were beyond sad. With tears they all went into the room to see Eric. He was sleeping and they sat near him and didn't utter a word. His wife cried all the day she just wanted him to recognize her when he opens his eyes to see the new world that's awaiting to show him the magical play of life .

Eric slowly opened his eyes. He noticed a lady standing near him. That was Eric's wife but he couldn't able to recognize her. 

Eric asked, "can you help me to sit sister?"

Eric wife was shocked to hear this, but without any hesitation she helped him. He didn't remember anything. When specialist tried to help him he didn't co-operate with him. Yet he used to say these following words.

"Please don't ask me who I am or what I was doing , I don't remember anything. I am no one and I don't know anything!"

Everybody tried to bring his memory back but no one succeeded.

After few months,One day Tim went to hospital to see his friend who was admitted due to minor injury. Tim just opened the door of the room numbered as 432, he saw an old man smiling at him. Then he realized this was not his friends room. He immediately stepped out of the room . He searched for his friend and found him. Tim then surprised to see his childhood friend Angel in the hospital. They both had a conversation about their life and old memories. As Angel was so close to Tim in his childhood , he shared about his difficulties and hardship in his life.

Angel smiled at him like an angelic figure and told him about Eric. Angel said these following words,

"See Tim, I am treating a patient who had lost his memory about past. He had everything in his life, but now he couldn't even able to retrieve his memory with money he earned. Life is simple and uncertain Tim, don't mourn on the things which you don't have. Be grateful for what you have. Everything will come to you in perfect time with divine blessings. Don't worry everything will be alright."

Tim said, yeah you are true angel ! You cleared my visions that are clouded.

Okay Tim , come let me take you to my room. We can sit and talk . It's been so long, I have so many stories to tell you. They walked towards her room

As Angel opened her room, she saw Eric sitting inside her room with a nurse by his side.

Tim was on call so he didn't step inside Angel's room. Angel was shocked to see Eric and she asked the nurse about his presence in her room. Nurse replied," It seems like he can recognize a guy who stepped inside his room and he wants to see him"

Angel said, "Who is that ? How can we find him now ? Okay take him to his room I will check the CCTV footage and try to find who he is. " 

By that time, Tim stepped inside the room. Eric said, he is that guy I was talking about. I know him , he is Jason . Isn't it?

"Hey !Jason don't you remember me?",asked Eric

Tim was shocked to see Eric in this stage, he immediately asked angel about Eric

And Tim was in tears, but angel said it's unbelievable Tim. It's been two months after that accident ,today only he smiled and it seems like he knows you before. 

With tears Tim said, " sorry Angel , I am one of the reason for his accident" . I only took him to bicycle ride. 

Come on Tim, now you are the reason for his smile. Don't worry you have visited this place on right time.

Eric heard all this conversation and laughed at them, and said, " Don't try be funny guys,stop talking" let me talk to Jason.

Tim said, I am not Jason, Eric , I am Tim .

"Stop trying to be funny Jason. I know your future. Just come with me, I will take you where you exactly wanna be", said Eric.Angel conveyed this information to Eric's family members and they rushed to hospital to Hear Eric talking happily. They came and took him with them. As Eric wanted to be with Jason (Tim), they took him too to their beautiful house thats waiting to listen to Eric's music.

Tim spoke to Eric's wife and he came to know about Eric's heart transplantation surgery that he did before fifteen years.And she asked him about his family.

Tim told," I lost my father when I was twelve year old. I used to play with my father",but everything was vanished after his death. I love him very much , He is my role model. He taught about the importance of serving people. He served until his last breath. Even he signed a contract to his organs . Yeah I just miss him.

"What's your father's name Tim ?" ,asked Eric's wife.

His name is Jim, 

Oh my god, I think Eric's heart donor name is Jim too. She searched all the old reports and found that Tim's father is the donor who donated his heart for Eric.

Tim overwhelmed to hear this and he suddenly went to Eric's room and admired him from distance.And he remembered once his mom told that his father always wanted to name him as "Jason". Tim realized everything and narrated everything to Angel . Finally Angel figured out Eric's memory of Jason was because of Jim's heart that pumps blood and oxygen in Eric's body.

Angel told, "Eric lost his identity but jim's memory to help his son has reborn "

Your time is now Jason, enjoy the future with Eric. "My best wishes for your new life Tim ", said Angel.

October 09, 2020 16:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.