0 comments

Western Kids Sad

It was Sunday night, the rain has been shower over the day,I was sitting on the wooden chair looking my daughter Susan who use her 8th years of age, sleeping in her bed peacefully.

Her Mom had died while she was just three months,so that I raised her up till today with my own hands, I do anything I can but can't be better as her Mom.We talk each other as a friend, smile,laught and eat chocolate in every Saturday.I drive her to School in every day.After school I take her with my blue Car.By the way She tolds me how she used her amazing day.

I put may hands on her soft cheeks,grap her chubby hand,her face were full of innocent.Those little lips says how she loves me,trust me,hero as Super Man,yeah she tolds me a hundred times.She was all I have after her mom had died.

When Monday comes,I cook for her,wake her up and dress her uniform clothes,I drive her to school.While driving,she tells me that one of her friend Clara had died in Car accident the previous week ,I told her"Oh!It was so bad,I was pity of her and her Mom,' and continue to drive.After silent for a while,she told me,'Dady,Do you ever think about after life,Miss Beaonca says we will go to heaven if we do Good things,'I say'Yes,we will',She asked me again,'Dad do you think we will go to heaven?'Then I look at her for a while,says,'Yeah,sure'keeping my shoulder up.After we reach the school I left her with her friends and go for working.

After School hours,I went to school to brings her back.On the school one of the teacher told me that her nose were bleeding in an hour's,they give her some medicine, and advice me to go for hospital.' I look Susan and hold her hands,say nothing and drive her back.At night I read Snow White story for her,but she doesn't feel sleepy,ask me,'Dad will we go for hospital,'......'Yes,but on tomorrow,Ok?,'......'Dad,do you afraid of death? Mom's too had died,Miss Beonca says we will all die'......'Yes we will,but it may be after 80 years,we will die after we have a grand daughter.'........'Dad if I die in car accident as Clara,will you adopt another daughter,'.....I look at her blue eyes,saying,'No,my babe,you will no longer die in a car accident,I will fly and lift you up from that Car(smiling at her),She says,'Yes, I'll tell my friends I have a Superman Dady,'. After she fall a sleep,I kiss on her forehead and leave her.

As the Doctor says 'there's nothing to worry about Susan,she was healthy as her friends', then,We use our life as we actually did.Now it was 30th April,Susan Granma(My Mother) visit me to use the Summer vocation,I can hear from the kitchen tellings how mighty I am to her Grandmother by Susan,she also tells her that her birthday would coming soon,"Me and Dad would go for fishing,Dad would order Vanilla chocolate cake on my birthday,we will invite Our friends and neighbours too."her voice were full of excitement, sometimes she tells her Snow White story while sometimes tells her How we spend the day.Then,Mom too asked her something, smile at her,give her some chocolates

Mom leaves me after one week,Now me and Susan were alone in our house,Susan miss her granma and wanted to visit her in Paris.

One day,while working in the Office,Ms Beonca tells me My Daughter Susan had a fever, there's some dark circle on her arm and leg,she feels pain on those circle,'I do run on the school with my car,my heart were beat faster than all the day past.When I reach the school.Susan smile at me with her burning eyes,I ask her'You Okay,I am here,'bring her in my arm.

I lead her to hospital,waiting for test result,she was always in fever, suffering the pain which come from the dark circles.After one week,I go for taking Susan results in the Hospital.When I enter the results room,the doctor looks like she was in trouble,she looks worry about something.She takes a big breath and tells me that My baby,my only daughter had a Leukemia,she will no longer live for so long,if she's lucky,she might have around three months.Tells me what to do.But I can't hear anything,I feel like I've got paralyze.I don't even know what to do.Oh!my little baby,how can she got such desease,my heart were beath fast,my stomach were all burns out,my hands were shaken before my eyes.That time,I can't act like a Man,I was crying out infront of the doctors.

When I come back to Susan,She asked me how about the results with her tired voice.But I can't say anything to her,I hug her,tells her,'You will be Ok, Everything gonna be alright,'She says if I am with her,she will be Okay,I am her Surper Man,but now I am no longer think as a Super Hero,I just like a looser,like a poor slave.From that day,I can't eat, can't sleep,I look at my daughter hours by hours.Her face were full of innocent as she use to.She thinks I am her Hero who can do anything she want,like a Super Man who can protect her from any harmful things.But now,she was dying from inside,but can do nothing for her.I colect white blood and Red blood for her life's,but her she approaches lower by the day past.

She dreams to gets married, dreams for her birthday celebration,but now she was in the bed which made for a cancer patient,we just waiting for a miracles.But Miracles neglect my daughter,I pray but she was almost die.I am paint,ache from inside,I am her Hero who can't do nothing for her.She show me gotting a peaceful if I am around her.But her week Dad can't lift her up from mighty death.She loves me till her hands were cold,and also till her pale face were on the crops.Now she doesn't have a chubby face anymore.I don't even understand how hurts it was,loosing owns daughter while Susan tolds me about Clara,but now I know,not only hear but also can feels.

After she do passed away,I do anything I can for those who have Cancer desease,I work for patients who suffer such desease that I ever done before.My daughter was killed by death.Yeah,Death,a mighty death,who takes away my daughter before my eyes.But Death who makes me to be a better person.

And for the last, 'Death the evil for the humans,but DEATH the miracles for human.'



Zamzami Pachuau









July 07, 2021 06:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.