Dragon

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

14 comments

Fantasy

Dragons. They like to hunt. But this one likes it more than you think. His name is Whitefire. He's an outlaw from his tribe Fire-raiders.

There are speed dragons, there are fire dragons. There are weak dragons, there are strong dragons. There are small dragons, there are big dragons. There are many more types of dragons. Whitefire was a small, and weak dragon. He was a wind dragon.

I need to find another tribe,” He thought, “even if it’s bad, it will be better than roaming around in this trashy forest. Maybe I should look on the bright side, I like hunting, and I have to hunt.” 

But what he thought of ‘a trashy forest’ was actually the place that was going to change his life. 

Eventually, none of the tribes took him in. He thought the forest would now be his home. He started making a small tent.

One evening not long after he got into the forest, he heard sounds of dragon grunts. They were becoming clearer every minute. The dragons were wearing masks. One of them spotted Whitefire. Whitefire flew. After some time, he stopped flying. He thought he lost them. He hadn’t. He felt a hot hand on his right-wing.

Whitefire turned around. He saw a lime green dash and it hit Whitefire hard on the back. He got pushed back into a tree. He was bleeding. The dash hit him again. He got pushed back into another tree. The dash kept hitting him until it was too tired.

The dash tried hitting him again, but Whitefire’s instincts made him hold up his fore-leg and to block the dash and hit back hard. It fell back about 50 feet away. He looked at his hand. Then he looked at the lime green dash. It was actually a dragon. Then he remembered, the lime green dragons are speed dragons. Then he saw the face of the dragon. It was his long lost friend, Speedash.

“Ye?”

“You?”

 They both asked at the same time. “Why are ye in da forest?” Speedash asked. “It’s a long story.” Replied Whitefire. “Nothin’s long fer me now, I've been ‘ere fer almost fereva,” Speedash said. 

“OH,” replied Whitefire. “well, I was actually dismayed with dad's decision to banish you.” Speedash broke into a grin. 

Whitefire continued, “but I never felt like he was my family. I was much more ‘naughty’ after you left. And then I did something even I didn’t think I would do. I stole some of the relics and threw them into the Holy Pit.” 

Speedash was shocked. “Bu’ why?!” She asked in a trembling voice. 

“I don’t know. It just happened. But dad only suspended me for that, I did something more once I got back. I found dad’s oldest ancestral relic. I did it because I was angry at him for suspending me and banishing you, so I destroyed it. So that is how I got banished too.” 

Speedash gasped. She took a step back. “Even I wouldn’ do that!”

“Yes, I’m not denying it. Listen, can you come here tomorrow? It's almost sundown.”Whitefire said. “OK,” Speedash replied. “At around 65:305?” “Yea,” Speedash said. “Bye.” Said Whitefire. 

He suddenly got the urge to drink water. He started flying. It felt as though he was flying 10 times faster. He got “home” quicker than he expected. A cloud formed above him. It started raining only for him. He started drinking the water. It tasted like a bottle of Nasty Rush even though water does not have a taste. It stopped as he was full.

The next day at 65:300, he got out and went to the same place Whitefire and Speedash agreed. Speedash was already there.

“Ye were flyin’ fast yesterday,” Speedash said, looking astonished. “Exactly what I was about to tell you. There is something going on with me.” Whitefire told Speedash.

He enlightened Speedash about the weird things that happened the day before. 

“And when I was smashing the old relic the day I got banished, there were whispering sounds that said if you get pushed into 7 magical trees inside the forest at a certain place, you get superpowers. I think I have superpowers ‘cause you pushed me into the trees and hit me. I saw the place and the trees; they were like the relic had whispered.” 

Speedash was smiling so hard. She looked as though she might cry happy tears. She was so happy. “I thought you were flyin’ so fast cuz it was late. I never knew about the powers! I can help you control your superpowers.” She said. 

"How about I help ye make yer house as well? I think we can make our own tribe." She added.

As they were talking, Whitefire sensed something wrong close to them and told Speedash about what he sensed. “Do my powers allow me to sense danger?! It’s to the right. Should we deal with it?” Whitefire asked Speedash. “Yea I think we should,” Speedash answered.

They slowly walked behind the trees to the right and saw two dragons. The dragons were in an arena and about to fight. A whistle sounded. The dragons were fighting against their will. The chief of the tribe was watching the fight. The chief was a strong, big fire dragon.

Whitefire said to Speedash, “The dragons are fighting! “What should we do?” Speedash said “I don’ know! Ye tell me!” They climbed up the metal cage and with Whitefire’s super strength, they broke the metal cage.

Since it made a loud noise, every dragon looked up and forgot what they were doing. 

Whitefire and Speedash flew down and stopped the fight. The chief looked at Whitefire and Speedash. “Attack!!” he yelled. Speedash kicked all of them. She shouted up to the chief “Is dat all ye gat!!!” she laughed. 

The chief got up and shot fireballs out of his hand. They just skimmed Speedash. Speedash fell. As Whitefire blew at the chief, the epic battle began. The chief fell back because Whitefire blew with all his strength. 

 The chief and Speedash got up. Speedash got up first so she quickly ran to the chief and hit him so hard that his jaw broke. “Ahhhhhhh!!!!”

The chief blew fire out of his mouth. Speedash had fire on her scales. The chief grabbed a very rare smoke bomb and threw it on Whitefire. He was hit. He was coughing so badly. 

The chief was winning.

What can I do?” Whitefire thought “He’s winning. I need to get out of this.” Then it struck him. He could try and get into Speedash’s mind and tell her when to hit the chief. He concentrated a lot. Then he saw words. He thought “I’m in Speedash’s mind! Yes.” 

“Who’s in ma mind?” Speedash thought. 

I am. Whitefire. I have an idea.” Whitefire thought and told Speedash his plan.

“That'll definitely work. Good job.” Speedash thought. Whitefire thought and counted down. “3, 2, 1. DO IT!!”

Speedash ran towards the chief and hit him a lot while Whitefire made a lightning strike on the chief. There was a BANG. And it looked as though the dragon world had gone white.

Speedash was looking dizzy. The chief died. It was all OK.

The next day Speedash was alright and Whitefire sensed a dragon from their tribe. The dragon came inside. He said “You are unbanished... if that’s a word. Well, you're allowed to come back to the tribe, Chief says.” Whitefire asked, “Is Speedash allowed too?” “Yes.” He said.

July 24, 2020 16:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

14 comments

Pragya Rathore
07:51 Aug 17, 2020

Wow! This story was amazing! I could see how much work you put in. Great going, keep it up! This is your first story, yet I can see that you've got tons of talent!! Please check out my two recent stories :)

Reply

08:06 Aug 17, 2020

Thanks! I'll read your stories! Look out for my comment!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Akshat .
04:43 Jul 30, 2020

Nice! Just mention the reason why Whitefire's tribe is taking them back.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshat .
04:43 Jul 30, 2020

Nice! Just mention the reason why Whitefire's tribe is taking them back.

Reply

Akshat .
04:43 Jul 30, 2020

Woah, must be some kind of glitch. I only commented once.

Reply

נιмму 🤎
01:22 Aug 31, 2020

it be like that sometimes smh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
נιмму 🤎
01:24 Aug 31, 2020

dragons are cool and so is this story😎

Reply

02:26 Aug 31, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
06:08 Jul 28, 2020

Wow!Awesome!!.

Reply

08:13 Jul 28, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
ALINA Manha
04:25 Oct 27, 2020

This story was interesting. I loved it very much. ☺️

Reply

14:18 Oct 27, 2020

Thanks! :)

Reply

ALINA Manha
21:28 Oct 27, 2020

My pleasure!.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
13:23 Aug 17, 2020

A brilliant story Vivaan Atal. And please do like ,comment And read my stories (PLEASE)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.