SCREENPLAY: The Prime Suspect of the Chicken Nugget Incident (My first story on this website)

Written in response to: Write a story about a piece of gossip that becomes more and more distorted as it passes from person to person.... view prompt

10 comments

Crime Funny Kids

Author's Note: Let’s pretend that all of the typos are intentional and that I actually know what a screenplay is.

Trigger Warning: Bad grammar. 




Scene 1: In front of the donut shop


Rune: You have to believe me! I didn't do it! I didn't-


Security Guy: Sir it's pretty clear that it was you who stole fourteen boxes of donuts using nothing but a rake and plastic straw to threaten the employees this morning.


Rune: B-but I hate donuts!


Store Owner: *looks offended* Don’t be ridiculous! How could someone hate donuts?


Rune: I don’t even own a rake!


Security Guy: Then how do you explain that! *points at a car that has a rake stabbed

through the windshield*


Rune: THAT ISN’T EVEN MY CAR!!!


Security Guy: Well OBVIOUSLY. You probably stole it!


Rune: That's NOT what I meant!!


Security Guy: I’m something of a detective myself, so don’t go around thinking you can fool me!




Scene 2: Across the street


Dill: *crouching behind a mailbox and frantically wiping donut frosting from his face*

I gotta hide from those guys!!!


Mr. Baxter: *happens to be walking past* *sees Dill* Why hello there, Dilly! Fancy seeing you here at this hour.


Dill: *jumps in surprise* oh uh- *wipes donut crumbs from his face* hi Baxter.


Mr. Baxter: You usually aren’t up this early! Especially on a saturday!


Dill: uh yes… i just felt-


Mr. Baxter: a calling? an urge to do something productive? a sudden jolt of motivation?


Dill: I guess you could call it that.

*people yelling from the donut shop*


Mr. Baxter: Anyways dilly, have you heard what rune did this morning?


Dill: What rune did this morning? *looks confused*


Mr. Baxter: yes yes apparently he stole an entire bus! I heard them talking about it on my way here. 


Dill: Steal a bus? But I didn-


Mr. Baxter: Yes and apparently he tried to attack the driver with a shovel!


Dill: But wasn’t it a rake?


Mr. Baxter: Oh right!! It was a fork! Thanks for reminding me, dilly *pats dilly on the head* and apparently he robbed a bakery too! Kids these days… *continues rambling*


Dill: He robbed a bakery?


Mr. Baxter: Pardon me, I meant to say “bank”. *continues rambling*


Dill: *looks perplexed* Don’t you have somewhere to be, Baxter?


Mr. Baxter: Oh right! I have to go to my crochet club! Just wait till they hear what I saw this morning!




Scene 3: In front of the donut shop


Store Owner: I’m calling the police!


Rune: Please! No! I have a wife and kids!


Security Guy: NOT AFTER THEY HEAR WHAT YOU DID!


Store Owner: *calls police*


Rune: THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!


Newsreporter: *comes out of nowhere* This is channel 62568762456 news and today

we’re here with the prime suspect of the chicken nugget incident! Ringle, what do you have to say for yourself? *shoves the mic into Rune’s face*


Rune: I didn’t do it!


Newsreporter: And there you have it folks, Rongle admits that he’s actually a turkey! 


Store Owner: WHAT IS GOING ON!?!


Random People in Biker outfits: *points at Rune* IT'S REBECCA!! GET HER!! *they jump off their bikes and run at him with garlic cloves* BEGONE VAMPIRE!!!


Rune: SOMEONE HELP ME!! *someone puts an entire clove of garlic in his mouth* *muffled screaming*


Newsreporter: Looks like thanksgiving is going to be early this year.


Police: *finally arrives* everybody stay back!!! 


*everybody steps away from rune*



Police: Don’t worry Rune, I know the truth…


Rune: *muffled* oh thank goodness


Police: THAT YOU ACTUALLY ARE A CHICKEN!


Rune: *muffled* WHAT


Police: Be free little bird!! *shoves people away*


Rune: *spits out garlic* WHAT!


Police: I said: BE FREE LITTLE BIRD!!!


Rune: um… okay i guess. *runs away*


Police: *wipes a tear* they grow up so fast


Biker Guys: SHE’S GETTING AWAY!!!


Newsreporter: STOP!! THAT’S NOT REBECCA THAT’S RUNGLO!!


Biker Guys: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?


Newsreporter: BECAUSE *rips off sunglasses* I'M REBECCA *hisses and eyes glow red*


Cameraman: B-Bethany? *faints*


Biker Guys: *run away screaming*


Newsreporter(Rebecca/Bethany?): *transforms into a bat and flies around screeching menacingly*


Store Owner: Oh my god! THAT’S MY LONG LOST PET BILBO!


Newsreporter(Rebecca/Bethany/Bilbo?): *lands on donut store owner’s shoulder* I missed you, but alas I was forced to hide as a human in this treacherous world in fear of the biker lads. I shall never leave your side again, my sweet darling.


Security Guard: This is exactly how I thought things were going to play out! Wow, I'm a great detective!





Scene 4: Across the street


Rune: *running* *trips on something*


Dill: OW! *was taking a nap* Watch where you’re going!


Rune: Why are you taking a nap in the middle of the sidewalk!?!? And why do you have a cardboard cutout of my face!!!??!?!


Dill: Um… it’s halloween?


Rune: IT'S THE MIDDLE OF JULY


Dill: Close enough. 


Rune: *looks at him for a few seconds* *realizes* HEY!!! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO

ROBBED THE DONUT SHOP!


Dill: *nervous* what makes you think that *frantically brushes sprinkles off of his pants*


Rune: WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?


Dill: I was hungry.


Rune: Did you try BUYING a donut?


Dill: I didn't think of that.


Rune: Well what did you do with all of the donuts?


Dill: I gave them to people in need.


Rune: *shocked* really? That’s actually really nice of y-


Dill: The people in need being me. I was in desperate need of donuts. 


Rune: YOU ATE 14 BOXES OF DONUTS?!?!


Dill: 15 if you count the straw.


Rune: THAT MAKES NO SENSE!


Dill: Your face makes no sense.


Rune: You are SO lucky that we’re surrounded by police right now.


Dill: Are you threatening me?


Rune: No of course not. 


Dill: Good because if you so much as try to touch me, I’ll scream and call the police.


Rune: That’s not fair!


Dill: OW OW OW!! I'M BEING ATTACKED!


Rune: Oh goodness not again *runs away*


Dill: Ugh finally, I thought he’d never leave *pulls out donuts from under the mailbox and continues eating*


THE END!!!



















May 29, 2023 21:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

Sarah Wonder
03:08 Jun 22, 2023

I did not expect to find this funny but my poor cat who slept on my lap saw the consequences of reading this. His eyes grew wide in fear as a mad laughter that erupted at the conclusion of every line! You have an amazing sense of humor and it is well worth my jealousy! Now back to plotting a nearby donut heist...

Reply

- Lavendosaii -
18:03 Jun 22, 2023

Thank so much! I'm very glad you found my story to be hilarious. (That's what I was going for haha.) Tell your cat I said hi!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mary Bendickson
16:28 Jun 20, 2023

Welcome to Reedsy. A mixed up mish mash of fun and frosting. Thanks for reading/liking mine.

Reply

- Lavendosaii -
18:59 Jun 20, 2023

Thank you, Mary! I really like the way you used dialogue in your story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sara Herrera
10:46 Jun 20, 2023

And who doesn't love donuts? (Wink). If you like to focus on dialogue try Final Draft, I have it and it's a useful tool. Whatever you write, remember to post it here!

Reply

- Lavendosaii -
16:10 Jun 20, 2023

Thank you so much for the tip, Sara. I really appreciate it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Viga Boland
20:17 Jun 02, 2023

I love that you tell your story using dialogue and humour. Always win my heart with those 2 ingredients. Good for you! Welcome to Reedsy by the way 😉

Reply

- Lavendosaii -
16:10 Jun 20, 2023

I'm so glad you enjoyed my story! Thank you so much, Viga.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
John K Adams
21:04 May 31, 2023

This inspired madness made a very entertaining read. It also gave me some context for your comment on my story being a 'literary masterpiece.' I look forward to reading more of your play (not work). Carry on.

Reply

- Lavendosaii -
18:17 Jun 02, 2023

I will!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.