0 comments

General

January 6, 2020:

I looked at the weather forecast and saw that it was supposed to snow later today. Better bundle up. I thought. Later that day when it was supposed to snow I looked outside and saw it was super sunny outside. Not even a sign of snow was showing. Huh, how wrong the weather forecast was that day, But that was not the only day the weather forecast was wrong.

February 6, 2020:

The weather forecast saw that today that it was supposed to be super sunny outside. Well it’s hope the forecast is right this time. I went to work and  I was hoping that it would stay sunny and that forecast would be right for once. For once please god.. But when I looked outside I saw that it was snowing. The forecast was wrong again! They should really re-check the forecast before uploading it. It was really getting on my nerves.

March 6, 2020:

Today was my birthday and I hoped that the forecast would be right. But I knew it wouldn’t. The forecast said that today it would be very cold but my mom told me every time I celebrated anything it would rain sometime during the event and I was right. It rained. This time I was glad the forecast was wrong b/c now I can prove my friends wrong and brag about it. For my birthday wish I wished that the forecast would re-check their predictions before putting them up and stop messing up people’s plans. 

April 6, 2020:

I really wish that this month the April showers happen so the May flowers come. It's a saying that means the rains( showers) cause the flowers in May to grow. Hopefully April  showers will happen so we get the May flowers. The forecast said we should get heavy rain today so we had indoor recess. Yes! But guess what, it didn’t rain. Just a few drops so we still had indoor recess.  Yes again! But this time I was somewhat happy the forecast was wrong. I do not want to get wet and muddy outside. We still got the showers but later than expected so the flowers would come later too this year.

May 6,2020:

Just as I thought the May flowers were late. But it was okay. I mean at least we still got the flowers. But the worst part was most of the flowers were lost because the showers happened again. Hopefully the flowers will grow back and the beauty is restored again.  I just found out that the reason the forecast is soooooooo off is that we live near the rocky mountains which change the weather patterns all the time. So the forecast being wrong is normal here. Wish I knew that before. But I am still going to be angry  when the forecast is wrong.

June 6, 2020:

Today the forecast said that it would be about 80 degrees outside, but in reality it was about  90 degrees outside. You could probably fry an egg outside. My point being  the forecast was way off. I know it's not the forecast people’s fault but still. I need to blame someone. Hopefully the weather cools down so we can not burn up outside. The sun is so annoying but you need it to survive.

July 6,2020:

Today the forecast was sunny with a chance of thunderstorms. Guess what? The forecast was right. In the morning it was really sunny and then it started getting darker and darker until finally rain and thunder started. Yes finally the forecast was right and I enjoyed watching the thunder and the lightning before I got bored. After the thunderstorm it was kinda warm outside and when you touched the door knobs you got a slight shock that was funny and nice to feel you know.

August 6, 2020:

School is about to start soon and I am hoping the weather behaves. Hopefully it behaves. By this time I was on the floor laughing my head off at the weather behaving. Who heard of such a silly thing. Anywho for some reason the fall breezes came in August. How much I hate the weather yet I still love it. Anyway hopefully this does not ruin school for me or anyone. Bye for now. I might be a little late these days due to school. See you later dairy.

September 20, 2020:

Today when I looked outside it was SUNNY. In SEPTEMBER. The weather was really messed up these days. Next thing you know you would see snow in the summer. Anyway hopefully it's just a bit cold outside so I can still play outside and be somewhat warm. Weather these days. The weather is getting really annoying lately. Acting up and being warm when it is supposed to be cold and cold when it is supposed to be warm. 

October 26, 2020:

Sorry if I was late again. With school work/stress and halloween coming up in 5 days its been hard to find time to write just this. Hopefully in the following months I can do a better job of recording forecast mistakes. That just sounds funny and wrong at the same time. You would think I spend all my time looking for forecast mistakes though that is what I have been doing. Not helping myself here. Anyway see you in November. I wonder what went wrong this time.

November 9, 2020:

Today it snowed again. Not that I minded; we got to skip school that day. Yes, lets go. Hopefully we have school tomorrow because if we didn’t have school tomorrow we would be off for 4 days ( The weeknd + Thursday and Friday.)  Hooray for me and the rest of my school of course. (We did get a 4-day weekend.) I love the snow. You know the pure whiteness of it and the coldness. I love taking off my gloves and touching it and making snow angels. Hopefully I can play outside in the snow with my younger sister.

December 24, 2020:

Today was the day before Christmas. I really hope it snows. Having a white Christmas would be fun. A white Christmas is when on Christmas day there is snow outside. But for a twist we got something all right but it was rain not snow. I never knew it could rain in December, but then again you learn something new every single day. It was kinda fun having rain instead of snow. No going outside, no snow angles. Oh, how am I kidding? I hated that we got rain rather than snow. 

Well that is the last of recording forecast mistakes. See you later. Bye for now.

June 21, 2020 21:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.