0 comments

Adventure Christian Teens & Young Adult

You’re fired!

You’re tired!

You’re hired!


Now.

We get to work.

I just hired a new kid.

A new kid on the block.

To walk around with me through my days and nights.


A new apprentice.

We do not speak a verbal, vocal same language.

There are many, many non verbal unspoken similarities.

We are both, however, students of life.

Lifelong learners.

Of all things good.

And.

The scary things too.


My apprentice is a newcomer to this earth.

Me. Not so much.

Our plan.

To be pupils of one another.

By sheer age only, I qualify as the mentor to my new mentee. But only by age. My suspicions are and I suspect I will learn way more than I teach or lead.


My apprentice is the expert in all things: honest.

At this point.

Today.

Moving forward.

I expect to learn a lot about,

A lot.


There have been others, other apprentices in this life.

Loyal.

True.

Honest.

All left this earth with rivers of tears and memories never forgotten.

Of goodness.

The lessons learned never leave our souls.

They live on in the memories of all that they taught us.


Never. Not once. Does one apprentice ever replace another apprentice.


Unique. Uniqueness. Each unique in their own right.

In their own beautiful right. They are less able to protect their rights. So it behooves the relationship if someone takes the lead.


Indeed. My apprentice is expert in all things instinctual. And is not afraid to show it.


Let’s just say we recruited one another. Before we knew one another existed. It really is a beautiful thing. We did not even know one another existed.


Until the day we did.


Brought together by circumstances and situations. It is a process. One continually unfolding. Changing. Willing different outcomes. Minor setbacks. Major lessons in trust building. Experiences can change us. We have one another on a very long leash.


Trust building takes time.

Takes your time.

Takes my time.

Doesn’t happen overnight.


We are both novices. My experience has been earned by mere years and not particularly wisdom-defined years😳🙃. Patterns have a way of repeating themselves. The familiar feels comfortable. Less controversial. We both aspire to connect. I can tell.


Today.

At this juncture.


Caution guides us both.

Fear, trepidation and lessons of the past still inform the present.


Unfortunately, neither one of us is adeptly able to snap our fingers and make the pain “all go away.” Pain remains. Numbed, thumbed (up or down) or bummed.


My new apprentice and I have some similarities. A lot in common already. We are outsiders, believers and followers. A great combination.


My new friend and I is on board with my “Sunday driver.” ways. Is acceptable of my “Gramma-driver” ways. Slow. Steady.


Pre apprentice. Life became more complicated than it had to be. I made life more complicated than it had to be. There were plenty of players who contributed to the day. But in the end. It was me. Threw caution to the wind and regret it terribly.


Stupidity often walks hand in hand with regrettable. It helps if one feels there is someone in their corner.


Enter my new friend. I have a good feeling about how we will show up for one another, show one another the ropes. Point forward. The past is the past. Never say never. We watch out for one another.In ways good and bad. In ways big and small.


There is no dabbling allowed. Dabbling is not an option. There are countless questions and sometimes a “jump on in” mentality that is required of us. Of us all. Cynics abound. Those who are unsure of their reasoning do not like questions. It tests their resolve.


When we are not held accountable for our actions, much confusion has a path to the vulnerabilities of the systemic nature of all our lives. Our existences. Ultimately. Our actions.


Intense.

Defense.

Intense defense.

Some individuals prefer offense.

Intense.

Offense.

Intense Offense.


Let the chips fall where they may.Some of it depends on other stuff. The kind of fighting resolve and methods of destructional intentions.

Depends on what kind of fighter is staring down the barrel, of your existence. Stare down after stare down.


What is consuming us in the moment. What we consume on a daily basis. The will to win. The will to lose. The will to learn a better way.


We really can teach one another very much if we take a second and listen. Put aside the differences that divide and work to a resolution where it is acceptable. Individuals feel accepted for who they are and not for what they may do. (Good or bad)


Most individuals are good. Others may seem to have a chip on their shoulder and mind chip in disarray. The very best we can do is not to judge. Leave that to the judges. The good ones. The professionals. The rest of us are just the amateurs. And to become so judgey is quite unbecoming.


And judgey lessons passed on end up being: Gossip. Innuendo. Hurtful. We need to know our rightly places. Take our rightly places. Contribute the best we have in the moment. Never look down on one another.


He. Is the One who looks down on us.

He does not look down on us.

He radiates and uplifting spirit for us to look,

Up.

Feel the sun.

Feel the beauty.

Pass it on.

Pass it along.

Learn to know it will be,

ok


The chain becomes a beautiful link of like-minded goodness.

First and foremost. My new apprentice. We aspire to start here. We both are on the same page.

We planning on walking that path.

My new apprentice and I.


First things first. Put one another first.


On,


A forward path.

Allowing the setback of misunderstanding to take its rightful place.

But not to rue or rule the day.


At this point in time, there is only one real challenge, one real problem.


My new apprentice keeps on taking my socks.😊


Dog is God spelled backwards.🐶







November 03, 2023 17:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.