0 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult Suspense

One thing I don't get is the fact that I am new here. No, I get that I am new, haha that came out weird. Joking aside, the fact that no one notices me. I know I stand out compared to the others in the school. I wear colorful clothing, My hair is light teal, Emerald green eyes, why isn't anyone noticing me? I try to greet others from different cliques, but no one sees me. It's rather strange. It varies from my emotions. Once I'm sad, mad, frustrated, scared, nervous, anything negative, I just feel that I just disappear... I head home every day, talking to my ceiling fan, hoping one day I'll find out why.

Years ago, when I was just a little creature, maybe 4 or five years of living. My parents were warriors, they fought in all of the wars that have happened in the past century or so, strange how they never aged... They were brave, to say the least, one day. They were in the war of the whole Holocaust ...whatever that is... and they became victims of the killer known and the "TB stache'" His followers controlled and tortured them, they knew that they weren't normal... so he took them to the lake, put stones on them so they can sink to the bottom, tied their arms and legs together, and threw them in the water. They Never came back up. Keep in mind that I was a child, I saw this happening. I was in the open field like I was a target to them, but bad men, too, never seen me, or seemed to have noticed me... I don't know what I am, but I just know, that I'm not okay...I'm not normal...

I still talk to my parents, however, they are in these jars, not their bodies as a whole and stuffed it, but a machine of some sort and turns bodies into black sand. I still see their faces in my sleep. I just wish I can see them in person. One final time. Then it was all dark for me. Next thing you know, I read these history books with the TB Stache (or I guess now his name is Adolf Hitler) killed himself. ... I was just having these migraines, constant head pain that just made me think of all red. All of those flashbacks were red. "Did I kill Him?" 

I’m just going on and on and on and ON about my sad-sack life. UGH. Well, here's a recap, I think my parents are not human, I know, SHOCKER. But if they aren’t human, what does that make me? I’m completely invisible to the human eye, does that mean that I have a special ability? Invisibility? How do I control it? More and more confusing signs. So many questions that are still unanswered. How will I know how to control it? 

   WHAT SIGNS ARE BEING COMPLETELY UNNOTICED..? 

All these questions constantly burn in the back of my brain, the negative voices keep getting louder and louder as my brain gets more and MORE unsolved mysteries that need to be solved RIGHT NOW. 

I saw nothing but red… Red visions, red hands, red eyes, red form, notice... I noticed that my form is unbelievably red, covered in blackened stones, each spike that I was decorated with all over my back has a light twinkle of fear and possession. I look down from behind me as if I felt something that moved around like an extra arm growing out of my backside. I was mortified by the discovery, I found a deep red tail that matched my skin color, the same set of spikes that was aligned perfectly, larger spikes on the top of the spine, becoming smaller as the rest of the spine leaves the rural area where the backbone should never be that extended. I look at me, once normal hands, to be changed dramatically into razor-sharp claws that can decapitate someone with a slight flip of the wrist. I look at my mirror, hoping my brightly colored hair was still there, unfortunately, I was welcomed by a face that even the devil himself would fear. Matching the rest of the body, the tone is still a deep red like blood, but the face...oh the face... The overall structure of the skull was a combination of a crocodile and a wolf, the eyes, all six of them were glowing and illuminatingly menacing, they all have the stare, the anger that is shown in those eyes are unbelievably scary. The teeth were sharper than a great white shark’s 3 rows of teeth. The giant horns are what made me realize what I really am. The horns were deep grey, at the tips of the curled horns was what looks to be blood. These horns were four times as big as my skull. The thing that made me collapse, was the fact I saw my parents, both of them, dead in my hands, Hitler himself was impaled by one of my sharp knives as spikes. 

I look in the mirror in shock, fear, I didn’t know how to react. All I did was try to manage what I did. Tried to comprehend what I was capable of doing, the tortured souls that were lying in my bed show what I have become. It was clear why I wasn’t noticed. I was only visible to the ones who belong where I was spawned from. 

My parents, I don't know how their blood was in my hands, I don't know what I did to deserve this…. What kind of person Am I?

I stand still and stared the mirror down until it was shattered from my dangerous stare. I feel as if I’m somewhat happy to hear the tortured souls that cry for help, on the outside that is. 

Then it was black again, I hear a beep sound, following the sound of my heartbeat, I was in a white room, surrounding me were my parents and my guardians. I just wish I knew who I was…. Is it Notice?

April 08, 2021 15:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.