0 comments

Romance

Back years in highschool, I had a group of who were my bestfriends.We liked calling each other sweethearts or any other sweet names since we would understand one another.They really helped me alot in my studies by making me understand what we were taught by our teacher. Having fun together, eating, everything in general.Imagine we could share secrets together, like we were just treating each other as sisters.So we did our last exams which was kenya certificate of secondary education and everyone departed their way.I really missed them alot.I remember our highschool once told us during those days that we should care about our studies since we are almost finishing highschool than caring about friendship but as for us we didn't care because our friendship bond was really strong that nobody ,absolutely nobody can break our bond but still we were doing great in school and our teachers were insisting on us to break our relationship. Our friendship was being admired by students in the whole school.We got our results, we really performed well and I was proud of my bestfriends and other students in our class,we hitted the target of the class.If it wasn't for my sisters I wouldn't have passed in my exams.My bestfriends were really helpful to me during my studies. They helped me when am stuck with my homework,doing for me,covering each other during problems,cases. We revised together for exams so that we can make our parents to be proud of us.We really thanked God for everything, helping us during difficulties in school, getting good grades in schools, taking care of us.Am really grateful to our Lord almighty. After highschool, we were not really close since we were far from each other, waiting for our results to come out while at home.Afterwards,we decided to form a WhatsApp group which would help us to get in touched with one another but some of my friends didn't have cell phones to communicate with us so it was so hard to be in touched with them.This is a real story.We named the group, "SISTERHOOD "because we were like sisters in Christ. Atleast I was really happy because I got my some of my friends back but not all and our bond wasn't as strong as it was back in highschool. We couldn't talk so much in the group or inbox.So one day,one of my bestfriends left the group. I was really shocked like why did she have to leave the group that way without telling us.I decided to ask her why she had left the group and her answer was that the group is boring,I just accepted her decision. So in the group we remained four members and we were five. At a particular day,GUESS WHATT?????????

There was an issue in the group, my two best friends were fighting, throwing each other abusive languages. I couldn't believe it and from that I knew people changr after finishing school.I couldn't just enter into a fight without washing my hands first because my and my other friend, we were not getting what they were fighting about.We tried as possible to stop them but they were so ignorant that we decided to step out of their matter and live them alone.So they both left the group. Our friendship bond broke,it was really sad.Our dreams were swept away by the winds.Our dream was to see each other getting married but our bond broke even before we join campus.We remained two in the group and decided to close the group and we left too.Suddenly all my bestfriends changed their number plus me but even them they were not notifying one another that they have changed their number into a new one.We lived our lives and decided to forget about my past.After decade years,actually after my graduation, I got a job of hospitality, it was my first day in work, coincidence we got ourselves in the same job with all my bestfriends. I couldn't believe this was happening. I thought I was day dreaming but still were feeling guilty because we broke our friendship bond,not even friend ship bond, SISTERS BOND.To fulfill our dream. We asked for forgiveness for everything that happened in the past and we forgave each other. We did what brought us and worked hard for it.We did the work together like in them days in highschool. It brought memories of us back in years in highschool.We decided to live together in a house because at that time the job was so far ,away from our homes that we couldn't go home and come back to work in time.We could be late and sucked by the manager so we rented a house near the job area,only five minutes to reach there.I felt that our bond came back since decade of years that was a really long time ago when we were in highschool and now we had graduated and started a job,to start our life with our own money,being our own boss after we get plenty of money and we believed that our dream will come true since we are back again after decade of years that we will see each other getting married and I know its possible that it will make it in God's grace and I believe so in JESUS NAME I PRAY.like I didn't know it will turn up like this;we were together in highschool then we broke up after highschool. Campus life we forgot about each other then we met concidence in a job,got back together. Is God almighty????????

My life was great with my bestfriends around because I was telling them everything, my secrets,they could help me.We really worked hard in our job ,earning alot of money,gotten married, we were still around for each other and that's what am calling true friends.In this generation choose your friends wisely,some people are dangerous into your life and maybe they are with you so that they can ruin your life or see you suffer while smiling.Take care

THE END⚘

August 08, 2020 10:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.