50 comments

General

The Hanging Portraits in the Room were so magnificent, everywhere was quiet as though I was in a grave yard. I walked into the room hearing my footsteps, What could be happening, isn’t this the great Hall that had the “Mona Lisa”?. I saw a man moving from right to left of the room, He looked familiar, I had troubles locating parts of the building since it was my first in Louvre Museum. I called but I wasn’t answered, What’s really happening?

 He entered another hall and I dashed in with Him, looking at me, He stopped and chuckled. You must be Peter, It’s a long time already, how are you doing?. I could not get a good perspective of Him, He was wearing a black hat and white hair covered all His face. Everywhere was quiet, nobody was in the room. In fear, I asked Who are you?.

 Da-Vinci, Leonardo da Vinci, the man muttered. At a stance, I felt the world was rotating at a degree higher than 360. Did the world travel back to the renaissance period or Leonardo was re-incarnated. Looking at him in awe, couldn’t figure out what to do, I needed help in the building because I didn’t know how I got in talking less of how I would get out. 

 Did I make a mistake entering into this Hall, why follow a stranger in the first place?. Da-Vinci told me, I know you must be surprised but I was more than surprised, I was shocked. He said He has been good and used the Human Computing neural Network to know my name. Do I need any help?. I needed help and I answered without stressing my brain Yes, I’m lost and also want to see the Mona-Lisa. He smiled as though I said something a lad would say: walking towards me, there were some mathematical equations on His hands and he showed me. Why do I need an equation despite all what I said. He pointed to each numbers and letters and told me that each represented a part of the hall. Different sections of the hall had different equations which looked simultaneous. It was up to 15 equations, I’m a good mathematician but wasn’t ready to solve in this type of situation, I summoned courage and took it since I was here for exploration. I differentiated the variables, got my x,y and z. Plotted it on a graph and showed it to Him. He nodded in affirmation and told me I just got my way out of the building. He told me the x,y and z symbolize the coordinates where I would find the Mona-Lisa. He took joy in me and I went in search of the Mona-Lisa.

 I found the world best painting inside a vault. It was more beautiful than I had seen before in digital or e-copies, the painting was as though they painted it yesterday. It was speaking words into me. This is the best experience had. I watched it for over 30minutes and saw other beautiful portraits in the building, I was privileged to see the “Venus de Milo” by Alexandros of Antioch, “the Raft of the Medusa” by Thèodore Gèricault and “oath of the Horatii” by Jacques-Louis David. All these were designed to depict words of wisdom because painting talks. It speaks beautiful words, wonderful words, pretty words of life. I was moving back when I hit a stone and looked back. Lo, it wasn’t a stone, Leonardo was at my back again. 

 How did you and other people grow into great engineers?, How were you able to think beyond art and using engineering in the art world?, the helicopter's design is still widely in use thanks to you. I realy want to think beyond art, I want to be a better person and use art and engineering cooperatively. I want to use music to change the world and convert innovations into its monetary equivalent. Leonardo gazed at me and took off His eyes from me immediately as though He saw a good vision in me. Peter, you just solved an equation and got your way out of this building. Many people have been trapped in this building until some other human try to use the trial and error method to save them but you found this with mathematical equation. The world is filled with complex equations we have to solve everyday. We have to find solutions to our problems by ourselves. We can only discover the truth in ourselves and you’ve done it. Now go into the world and teach these words, make people hear it and tell them to give attention to their subconscious. It might be called subconscious but it’s truly conscious. Preach these words anywhere and also build things yourself because I know you’ll be Great. Do things and learn from people, When you fail stand up again because it will spur you to achieve more. Deliver great riches to the poor because they helped you get up. I know you are not married but when you find love, love Her with all your heart. Obey those that brought you to life. Never forget your ancestors no matter where you travel to. This advice, I don’t give to people but you bought it for yourself by paying attention to the equation. I give my friends advice and I’m happy you are one of them. That’s ‘da Vinci’s code. He said. Keep it and treasure it because it’s more useful than money. I thanked Him in tears because I've been good and busy in things but not very productive, so this is what makes Leaders productive, this is what made great men like you super-hero. Thank you so much Sir I said again.

 The breeze was blowing fiercely, I met myself outside already, where was Leonardo da vinci, I was in France truly but I didn’t see any Italian man beside me. I couldn’t fathom what had happened, was it a dream?, Is it a vision?, is it magic?. All these were the questions I asked myself but it didn't matter because I learnt a lot already. This is the best experience I had. “Taxi!, taxi!!, Je vais une Eiffel Tower, Louvre”. I muttered. I was going there to experience another great lesson.


  

May 02, 2020 16:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

50 comments

Gyg Blessing
10:33 May 14, 2020

What a story, I would log on to your prompt.

Reply

Peter Ayeni
20:12 May 14, 2020

Thank you, I'm really grateful.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vrishni Maharaj
13:57 May 27, 2020

Lovely story! Great job :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Housman Luke
10:47 May 14, 2020

I also want to be a friend of 'da-Vinci

Reply

Peter Ayeni
20:12 May 14, 2020

You can be a friend of 'da-Vinci if you're my friend.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Dunmi Layi
11:07 May 14, 2020

Fruuuu. La story la perfection.

Reply

Peter Ayeni
11:12 May 14, 2020

Don't understand but thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Solomon Brandy
11:04 May 14, 2020

Happy Exploration Peter

Reply

Show 0 replies
Goodwill Fred
10:59 May 14, 2020

I am glad you wrote this way.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mary Stephen
10:53 May 14, 2020

'da vinci and art were very much related

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zea Bowman
14:35 May 11, 2020

You have a great plot and great story here...but I must admit that I was confused a lot. You used no quotations to indicate that someone was speaking, and there were many places that commas were missing, just big grammar mistakes like that, and tons more. Like I said: great plot and good descriptions, just make sure to use correct grammar. I was very confused throughout the story.

Reply

Peter Ayeni
16:49 May 11, 2020

Wow!!! Thank you so much I really, really, appreciate your feedback. I would work on it. Confusion was the inception of the story. The writer too was confused, I was confused in the building but Leonardo helped me out.

Reply

Zea Bowman
16:52 May 11, 2020

Okay, that clears some of it up. Thanks! I gave you some feedback, care to return the favor and read one of my stories?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Emily Nghiem
06:01 Jul 13, 2020

Dear Zea B and Peter A: Zea's comment shows 0 points after I added one. That means it got marked -1 in error instead of +1. If you can correct it, it should show 2 not 0. Thank you for sharing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.