It's been so long

Submitted into Contest #1 in response to: Write a story about someone turning 100 years old.... view prompt

0 comments

General

I didn't think this day would come but here I am at my 100th birthday. I'm alive. I can barely walk but I can move a few steps at a time. I'm looking around and I see my 30 year old daughter Maria making tamales. The back porch is decorated with a bunch of photos of me throughout the years. I have all my children here including their children and many friends. As I'm walking to the bathroom, I heard the front door open and I look over. You won't believe who it is. It's my ex husband. I'm not sure who invited him but he can leave. We divorced when I was 45 and I've been single ever since. I went over to him and grabbed my crane and hit him. Mind you, hes about 97 years old. I'm sure I cracked some bones. I went over to the back porch and it took me about 7 minutes to get there. I raised my crane up to grab everyone's attention. "Who invited Chris?" I said. I looked over at everyone and my son Carlos stood up and took me to my bedroom. He decided to speak to me in private and explain to me why he invited him. He began to tell me how his brother and sisters miss his father and mother together. I looked over to my bedside table and saw our wedding photo and I realized he truly was a great father and husband. We had many issues but we could've fixed it. I walked out my bedroom and took Chris into my bedroom, his old room. " After all these years, I didn't know I was still in love with you" I said. He looks over to me and says " I may have not grown old with you but at least I made it to you before it was too late". After, we had cake and celebrated. My children and their kids left to sleep in their rooms while Chris came into my room. I guess you can say I took him back. He put that beautiful diamond ring back on my finger. I fell asleep on him. The next morning, all I could see was the white, bright light , I realized I was in heaven. I died on my birthday. I realized that forgiving Chris was the only thing holding me back from getting into heaven.



August 09, 2019 02:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.