My story is entitled : In a cat shelter situated in a tunnel through the mountains.

Written in response to: Set your story in a cat shelter.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled In a cat shelter situated in a tunnel through the mountains.


A cat shelter is an establishment supported by charitable contributions that provides a temporary home for cats other dogs and animals being offered for adoption.

A cat is a feline mammal usually having thick soft and no ability to roar but gives a sound of "miaow".

Some domestic cats primarily live in areas of human habitation and are some what constrained to developed areas. The feral population of the cat live in a close proximity to current or past human settlements.


Once upon a time,there lived an ancient mines which happens to be a tunnel through the mountains where there was a cat shelter.

On the high mountains it seems impossible to cross because there was a cat shelter which is an establishment supported by charitable organizations that contribute to provide a temporary home for cats and other animals.

On the high mountains it seem impossible to cross because there was a cat shelter. Also the high mountains and the cat shelter happens to be a cave.

Most of the cats that live in a cat shelter often found their way in the darkness guiding themselves by the wall of the cave, which appeared to then penetrate into the heart of the mountain.

In the cave there was a light of some sort to indicate where the cat in the cat shelter were moving in their shelter.


The Cat in the Cat shelter said Look! ,the cats exclaimed excitedly.

"Look" ! What's that.?" mentioned the cats whenever they see a mouse or an intruder.

These cats run faster in search of the mouse inorder to capture it as the cats prey for food. Normally wild and untamed cats like eating and killing little mouse for food.

Whenever there is light intruders and also little mouse often shout out loud in the cat shelter within the cave when the wild cats and untamed cats are about to attack them by then.

Nonsense! the cat shouted out loudly.

We will always attack the mouse for food and even kill it.

Due to this there is always a visible light which looked like a star shining through the darkness in the cave.


Whenever they visit the cave in the cat shelter ,as they advanced the light becomes gradually larger ,as at now the passage into the cave to the cat shelter was no longer in total and absolute darkness.

One Professor mentioned that that there is a way through the rock to the cat shelter and we did found it.

The end of the tunnel shows a valley beneath it,where most kittens dwell and inexpressibly their place of abode was beautiful under the rays of the setting sun,while away within the distance was a broad river and the banks of the valley was fringed with trees.


Most intruders and visitors who often visit the cave where the cat shelter was spoke angrily on the foolishness I having relied on the Professors guidance.

Again he mentioned that he does not know he has been thinking of entirely.

The Professor often argued with his visitors about an excursion to the curve in the cat shelter.

The Professor mentioned bitterly suppose that a silly old fool like him could be able to lead us to the ancient mines of the cat shelter where most cats are kept and confined before being tamed.

It can be noted that Professor Somebody looked up from his book and found out that visitors often visit the cave where the cat shelter was by the help of the Boungartners map which shows the route through the mountains.


The Professor once replied sadly. Also this reply will always appear sadly.

There happens to be no good road to the cat shelter within the cave but only an untarred road around the tunnel of the mountains.

In addition ,there happens to be a Cat fancier who often cares for cats and takes people on an adventure around the cat shelter. The Cat fancier looks after the cats ,he helps visitors to look at wild cats and tamed cats including large cats,white cats and black cats.

Also the Cat fancier helps visitors in taking pictures with tamed cats and taking a video of these wild cat and tamed cat as a Documentary of the Animal kingdom of cats.

These cats feed on the flesh of mouse, the drink milk ,bread and all kinds of food.


The wild and tamed cats are noted to be one of the decent animals and is very interesting to note that whenever they want to ease themselves they find a bare ground with sand and they dig a small hole and ease their extcreta into it and later cover it up with sand. Also sometimes they do not dig holes but whenever they ease themselves they cover their extcreta with sand.

The cat family are more decent than dogs because these dogs do not often cover their extcreta with sand when they ease themselves,they leave it openly on the bare ground.

The cat helps to attacks all mouse in the house that may cause problems to the household.

It is the cat that often cleans itself after easing on the ground. These cats helps to keep mouse away from household foods since the mouse destroys and eats leftovers food in the home and often destroys food in the kitchen meant for human consumption.

Most human like the cat because they are decent animals with a soft fur and they do not have the ability to roar at all times unlike the wild lion of the forest that often roars.

Also there was an instance that a young man visited the zoo , thinking that all animals were tamed due to that he wish to take a selfie with the lion so that he will also become a legend like Daniel of the Lion Den and Samson fighting the Lion but the lion of the zoo mercilessly killed him and devour part of his flesh he was later taken to the mortuary for burial.

This man did not inform any of the attendants of the zoo about his mission to the dwelling place of the lion.

There are two main types of cats the domestic and the wild cats.


Finally, it can be realised that although there is an untared road to the tunnel of the mountain where the cat shelter was visitors often gather and then visit there in groups because most of the cats there are very large ,wild and also untamed at most times.



February 28, 2023 06:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.