0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Happy

Goodness, where do I even begin? I can't even believe that it's my 33rd birthday today. Boy, time sure does fly by, doesn't it? And I'm surprised that I made it this far. But I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Cody. And I'm one of Roberta���s stuffed animals and a boy lamb with black eyes, a white nose, and a very long, white ribbon that goes down between my legs. And I have been the president and leader of us stuffed animals for a very long time ever since Roberta was born and raised on September 1st, 1987. It was passed down to me by Bingo many years later after his voice box stopped working years ago. Bingo says that this has been passed down for generations to come from one stuffed animal to the next. And for years, Bingo was a wonderful president and leader of us stuffed animals even though he's a hand puppet. But this has never stopped him before. And trust me, nobody knows this job better than Bingo. He's a professional expert at this. Bingo was a legend and will always be remembered for being the best president and leader of us stuffed animals ever. He was loved by all. And he still is even to this very day. And no, he was nothing like Losto Bear from Toy Story 3 if that's what you're thinking. Because that's not who Bingo is. He's more amazing than that. Today, I have been doing a great job of being the best president and leader of us stuffed animals. And Bingo is so proud of me. But alas, even I can't keep this up forever. I have to do what I think is right for my people and pick someone else to take over and be the next president and leader of us, stuffed animals. Look at me. Let's face the facts. I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm sorry, but I have no other choice or option. That's why I chose Holly to be the next president and leader of our people. And I'm teaching her all there is to know about being the best leader and president of us stuffed animals ever. I know that she's got a lot to learn since, after all, she's pretty young for her age. I know that she has her way of doing things, which is fine with me. I don't care at this point anymore. Each stuffed animal is special, unique, and different in its way. No matter who or what you are as a person or what you decide to do with your life is and junk, you will always be one of a kind. It shouldn't matter. You are you and there is nothing and nobody in the world that can change who you are. I know. I know. I sound like a reincarnation of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., don't I? That's because I already am. And I'm proud of it. I wouldn't wang to change it for anything in the world. Not even for all the tea in China. I don't know what my future holds for me. All I know is, you shouldn't let anyone push you around or tell you what you can or can't do. Unless if it's for a good reason. But even then, there is no shame in just being yourself. Bingo taught me that a��� loa long time ago. And now, it���s my turn to teach you. You have a right to fight for whatever you think is right and to follow your heart. My days of being leader and president of us stuffed animals maybe over, but my life has only just begun. And I will live to the fullest. And I hope you do too. Do not take your life for granted. You only have one life. Live it well. I wish I could be as lucky as you are. Being a stuffed animal is okay sometimes, but other times, it can be a royal pain in the butt if you know what I mean.

Voice 3: ���Cody? What are you doing?���

Cody: ���I���m writing a story, Bertha.���

Bertha: ���Really? Are you sure that this is a good idea? I have a bad feeling about this.���

Cody: ���Oh, Bertha, will you quit worrying so much? Trust me, everything will be fine.���

Bertha: ���Okay, if you say so, but I still don't know about this. Aren't you even a bit worried that something bad will happen to Roberta? She's our owner, you know. And I don't want to see her getting hurt or worse.���

Cody: ���Of course, I understand. Cheer up, Bertha. No matter what happens, we will get through this together as a family.���

Bertha: ���I hope you're right about this, Cody. Because you probably don't know anything about writing a story. You're just a stuffed animal and whatnot.���

Cody: ���Maybe, but I would like to give it my best shot.���

Voice 1: ���Yeah, come on, Bertha, we've got our own story to work on, remember? It's called, Silence Isn't Always Golden: The Roberta Michelle Henley Movie. It's like a combined mixture of both the famous and popular book, War Horse, and the famous and popular Walt Disney and Pixar movie, Inside Out, where it's a story about the voices inside our heads except for the fact it's an autobiography about Roberta except it's written, told, and narrated by us.���

Bertha: ���What if they don't like it, Serena? What if they don't like us or our owner or worse? Then, what?���

Serena: ���I don't know, but I'm not going to let that stop us from writing this story.���

Voice 4: ���Yeah, don���t be such a whiny baby, Bertha. Besides, this isn���t healthy for you to worry so much. You know that.���

Bertha: ���I guess so. I guess I���m just worried about Roberta���s safety.���

Cody: ���I know you are. And I can���t say that we blame you. It���s scary losing her, isn���t it?���

Bertha: ���Yes, it is.���

Cody: ���Well, don���t you fret, Bertha. I can assure you that we have everything under control.���

Bertha: ���Okay, but I highly doubt it if they���ll ever pick this story as the winner.���

Voice 5: ���Oh yeah? Well, we���ll just see about that, miss smarty pants.���

Sorry about that, folks.

June 08, 2021 21:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.