24 comments

General

In this modern period, Everyone wants to learn a new skill to accommodate with the ongoing environment. But in learning a new skill, there are so many problems come in your way that you become very worried sometime.



Here I am going to tell you my one of the incident that I faced while learning a new skill. It will be my first try to write a story so if there will be some mistake , I am sorry for this.

It is my story of school life . When I was in class 6, computer syllabus was introduced. I was very excited when this announcement was made. But when I started learning computer, there were so many obstacle come to my way.

First of all it was the subject that was new to me. I didn't know anything about computer. I have not faced any problem before this in my small life. When the teacher taught me in my school, I was not able to understand anything. Infact, I had zero understanding of computer at that time.

I was not studious student at that time. I was always in doubt . I always asked question to teacher and friend. They tried to help me . Sometime, I got their point and sometime didn't. I didn't ask again the point that I didn't get from them. I thought if I ask again and again then they would get angry. So in place of asking again and again, I always tried to remain quiet.


Then I told my parent to buy a computer. But at that time my financial condition was not good. But my parent bought me the computer somehow at that time. After coming from school , I spent almost all the time in learning computer.

When I was learning at home after coming from school ,I faced many problem. People of over surrounding reacted in many different ways since my parent financial condition was not good at time. They told to my parent that you had wasted your money on buying laptop.

My father also thought that they were saying correct since I was not learning at that time. They thought that if they kept this money for future it will be very useful then. But they never told me anything about that . They just let me do what I want to do at that time.


After hearing this type of conversation, I was full of disappointment at that time. At instance, I thought to give away learning of computer. I told that idea to my parent. But my parent scolded me for this idea. They told that you are doing your best to learn computer. You will get that knowledge of computer that you required very soon. Then that people came to you for their help. Don't hear the word of that kind of people and always do what you want to do.


Then I started trying to learn computer very seriously. But I had already mentioned that I was not able to learn anything in my computer. But I was determined to learn computer. After class I start going to my friend's house for learning so that if I could learn anything from them. But I was not able to understand there also.


I had only few friend because I don't want to make friendship with everyone. I thought having too much friend will disturb my study and learning computer. That attitude having less friend is still with me. I have still 5 -6 friend in my college. But now I am happy for having few friends in my life.


But there was a friend at that time who helped me very much in learning computer. I was always with him in learning process. But I also want not to disturb him. So when I went to his house, I just tried to watch what he was doing on the computer. After sometime living with him, I was able to understand something about computer.


Then I told my father that I want to join computer coaching. As my financial condition was not good at that time as I have mentioned earlier then it was very difficult for my parent to say 'yes' to my decision. But for my teaching, my father took loan from money lender at high rate of interest. Then I was able to join the computer classes.


As I had joined computer classes . But now it was becoming difficult to manage my time since I had to go to school and learn other subject also. Because If I didn't learn different subject also ,then how could I give the examination paper of that subject. But somehow I was able to manage it.


But when I reached computer coaching, then the teacher asked what you have learnt till now. But I didn't want to give reply. But after sometime , making my mouth sad, I replied that I didn't learn anything except little bit things in computer after trying very hard. Then the teacher reply was amazing. They said everyone has to face difficulty in learning new thing that is not God gifted. You will be soon get to learn about the computer.

As after few days going to coaching, I found improvement in myself. I started learning computer slowly and slowly. I was obedient to that teacher who gave me the motivation and after that I restored my courage to learn computer again.


After practicing for some month, I was able to understand the knowledge required to me at that time. It is that skill that I have got after facing so many difficulties in my life. But after that I learn a lesson not to give up without making last effort.


So at last I am saying that in this changing period people have to learn new skill to survive in this world. Always problem will come in learning new skill but we have to face it not to give up . And also hear to your heart while learning new skill. If you do not want to learn that thing, then you have to carry the habit saying 'no' at once .



August 12, 2020 12:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

24 comments

Nitish Shah
13:55 Aug 12, 2020

It's very hard to share your own stories with others......But you are doing it!!! ENCOURAGING BRO!!!!

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
14:02 Aug 12, 2020

Thanks bro

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Deepti Kumari
14:59 Aug 12, 2020

Good one. Keep it up.

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
15:06 Aug 12, 2020

Thanks dude for your lovely appreciation. I will try my best to improve my story.😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pushp Raj
13:56 Aug 12, 2020

Seems True story 👍🏻,look like related to every students 👌.

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
13:59 Aug 12, 2020

Thanks dude

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Abhishek Kumar
13:53 Aug 12, 2020

True

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
13:54 Aug 12, 2020

Thanks dude

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
12:06 Aug 12, 2020

Irs really osm one

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
12:24 Aug 12, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Deborah Angevin
10:51 Aug 17, 2020

This is encouraging... I really like the passage at the ending! P.S: would you mind checking my recent story out, "Grey Clouds"? Thank you :D

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
01:01 Aug 18, 2020

Thanks for the appreciation dude. Surely I will check your recent story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
06:08 Aug 17, 2020

this was a hard prompt. I went with something else for a reason. You have a good basic plot, a personal story about how difficult it was to learn a computer. It resonates with anyone who has ever despaired of understanding why they dd something so awkwardly. However you spend all the time telling. Let me give an example, "It is my story of school life . When I was in class 6, computer syllabus was introduced. I was very excited when this announcement was made." Try this for showing instead, "The first day of my sixth grade class, our teac...

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
08:54 Aug 17, 2020

I will try to improve that.Thanks for your advice sir

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lily Kingston
01:16 Aug 17, 2020

This is such a sweet and inspiring story :)

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
02:32 Aug 17, 2020

Thanks for your little appreciation Cara Mccarthy. It means a lot

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Anil Singh
04:25 Aug 13, 2020

Exactly brother, in this fast moving world we must keep learning. Thanks for sharing your experience with us

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
04:56 Aug 13, 2020

Thanks for your appreciation dude.I just shared that I have experienced at my little age.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Keerththan 😀
03:17 Aug 19, 2020

True and wonderful story. Would you mind reading my story "secrets don't remain buried?"

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
06:50 Aug 19, 2020

Thanks dude

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
00:59 Aug 17, 2020

Wow, cool story! You have a unique writing style! Great job!

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
02:33 Aug 17, 2020

Thanks for your lovely appreciation Avery.😇

Reply

Avery G.
02:38 Aug 17, 2020

You're very welcome!

Reply

Himanshu Shekhar
02:39 Aug 17, 2020

😊😊😊😇😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.