31 comments

Fiction

I give Richard an evil stare mouthing the words “You will pay for this!” He gave me a look saying “You started it!” Then we both look at the librarian, Mrs Mcdonald. And together we start to shake all over. This could not be. I wish this was all a dream but the pain in my head is still throbbing of what happened to my poor face. Pain does not happen in dreams. Not even nightmares. Mrs Mcdonald’s eyes start to go all red, as if she's wanting to shoot her laser eyes at us. I did not believe those legends that maybe this librarian was a witch. But then I realised those red eyes do not shoot laser eyes, this teacher only puts a potion in them to make them look red. Probably to scare children but that did not lift any of the weights on my shoulders. Laser eyes or not, Mrs Mcdonald is a witch in my mind whether she likes it or not. But then a look crosses the Librarians face then annonces to me and Richard. “WE HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO”


WHEN IT ALL BEGAN….


“Come on scaredy cat!” I nag Richard. “You should go and confront a witch!” Richard is shivering “NO please don’t do this to me!” He wails. (I do not know how scary Mrs Mcdonald is yet. I have only heard the rumours and at this time I am expecting I am not going to go with him.) Anyway Richard tells me that she has red eyes and wrinkles all over her face. He also says he spotted three warts on her nose and ears. I think he is over exaggerating so I say “Whether you like it or not you are coming with me” Wait did I just say coming with me? OH NO. I must have said the wrong thing. But it is too late now because Richard’s gloomy face brightens and replies “Fine we can confront this librarian TOGETHER” I am getting annoyed. Look I was not meaning to say that- I am cut off from Richard going “LA LA LA LA I can’t hear you!” I groan. It was only for a couple of seconds before I got pulled out of the door from my so called FRIEND.

We arrive at the door or more like a ripped piece of white fabric that has been chained up to the top like an old fashioned curtain. At the top of the building reads;


MRS MCDONALD'S

LIBRARY FOR GROWING CHILDREN

FOR THE LOVE OF BOOKS

FOR ANYMORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL O88 766 023.


Richard smirks. “What silliness is this all about?” He asks me. “Do you have your phone?”

I replied, sighing “YES. What do you want with it.” He looks at me as if I do not know anything and says “Call O88 766 023 silly!” I reach into my pocket and pull out the device. I am about to type the numbers when he snatches it from me. “let me do all this work” He says in a tone of triumph. I don’t bother to get it back. I eventually hear the clicks of the calling pad and expect to hear the soft ringing of the phone. Instead I hear something else.

A ghostly music fills the air and starts to give me the creeps. It goes;


Mrs Mcdonald Mrs Mcdonald

Beware beware beware

Mrs Mcdonald Mrs Mcdonald

Beware for a scare.


“Um.. Let's go back.” I start to say.

Too late now to escape away The song continued

What is happening? I stammer to Richard who has nearly fainted from fright.


You should of called yesterday

For now because it’s Saturday

It’s grumpy teacher day today.


Run! I yell but then the unexpected happened.


Too late to run away

Your life is turning to dismay.

For here she comes very quickly

Mrs Mcdonald will be here in a jiffy!


Then a misty fog flew around us. I am trying to swat it away. But when it finally clears we are in a library room. More like THE library room. Mrs Mcdonald’s library room. “Hello” Comes a voice behind us. I do not even have to turn around. I already know who it is.

Mrs Mcdonald.

The Librarian.

I finally take a swift turn to look at her. She does look like a witch. I can easily count three things.

  1. She has a broomstick.
  2. A black cat is meowing loudly at the end of the room.
  3. As Richard said there are three warts dotted all over her wrinkled nose.

Really she is a witch. In truth I have another fact.


4. Her voice is unordinary.


I wince at her voice. It sounds like a cackle from a witch. No wonder people at school call her witchy woman or Library witch. Me and Richard walk normally to look for some books. Then I notice the posters. All over the room signs are scattered everywhere saying;


DO NOT TALK IN THE LIBRARY.


I read it aloud. Then I hear the tutting of the teacher. Dammit I forgot

NO TALKING IN THE LIBRARY. I read it ALOUD. “SO YOU HAVE TALKED IN THE LIBRARY BOY'' The teacher said with a smirking look joined with that foreign accent. Then I run. What? oh look another sign

NO RUNNING IN THE LIBRARY. Come on. Is there anything I can do here? I give up and pick up a book. Wait what? It says


NO READING IN THE LIBRARY

What is going on?

Suddenly all the signs are filled in my head. I am feeling faint.

NO READING IN THE LIBRARY

NO RUNNING IN THE LIBRARY

NO TALKING IN THE LIBRARY

NO LOUD MOVEMENTS IN THE LIBRARY

NO EATING IN THE LIBRARY

NO PHONE CALLS IN THE LIBRARY

NO FIGHTING IN THE LIBRARY

NO STARING AT THE LIBRARIAN IN THE LIBRARY

NO DISTURBING SMELLS IN THE LIBRARY

NO ROUND FACES IN THE LIBRARY

NO SNEEZING IN THE LIBRARY

NO YAWNING IN THE LIBRARY

NO CLICKING FINGERS IN THE LIBRARY

NO GAMES IN THE LIBRARY

NO SINGING IN THE LIBRARY

NO KIDS UNDER THREE IN THE LIBRARY


I get so dizzy I fall onto the ground.

I woke up. My head is throbbing so much. And Mrs Mcdonald is looming over me with a wicked grin. “THAT IS WHAT RUNNING IN THE LIBRARY GIVES YOU” she sneers. Richard glares at her. “AND NO STARING IN THE LIBRARY RICHARD” Richard is in fright. “How do you know my name?” He says in a panicked tone. Then a trap door opens beneath us. That leads us to me giving Richard the evil stare then he looks at me blah blah blah. And then we did not even get to explain because she clicks a button and we fall being added to a pile of rotting bones.


April 24, 2021 23:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

31 comments

Angel {Readsy}
07:21 Apr 28, 2021

Up voting Up voting upvoring Up voting Up voting upvoring Up voting Up voting upvoring

Reply

Show 0 replies
Chase .
06:31 Apr 25, 2021

That was amazing! I never heard such a good story from someone at your age. I really liked Mrs Mc Donald's character and how the story was described. Over all this is your best story yet. I can't wait to read more of your work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
TJ Squared
18:00 May 01, 2021

oof. the ending was very suspenseful, great job! I noticed some small errors, if you want the list just ask. Mostly small grammar stuff, but still. It's like they make so many rules in the library so it's impossible to do anything lol. Great job! L.W.

Reply

Ed .
21:06 May 01, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

TJ Squared
21:28 May 01, 2021

np :) how are you?

Reply

Ed .
22:04 May 01, 2021

Good.

Reply

Ed .
22:04 May 01, 2021

Yes by the way I would like you to give me the grammar for a few parts.

Reply

TJ Squared
22:25 May 01, 2021

alright. here we go :) 1. "I did not believe those legends that maybe (Just maybe) This librarian was a witch." ---> I think that the 'just' doesn't need to be capitalized, nor does the 'this'. 2. "“Come on scaredy cat!” I nag Richard. “You should go and confront a witch!” Richard is shivering “NO please don’t do this to me!” He wails." ---> ""Come on, scaredy cat!" I nag Richard. "You should go and confront the witch!" Richard is shivering. "NO! Please don't do this to me," he wails." mostly work on separating your dialogue, since this h...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Arwen Dove
23:16 Apr 24, 2021

Haha! Great story! This is a big improvement from last weeks story, and that was great too! I love your ideas in this story! (I especially like all the rules!) Some minor grammatical errors in some parts, but otherwise a wonderful story! Keep Writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:07 Apr 24, 2021

Amazing story, better than the first one! Full of creepy things. Gosh ,Mrs McDonold is creepy. Keep going on your perfect stories

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.