2 comments

Friendship Funny

“...Girl! If you want to impress those judges at that fashion show, you're gonna have to let me just…glam you up a bit. Good with you?” she asked Amarah. “Uh… no? I want to win but if I gotta let you fix me up ‘a bit’ then no siree.” she answered “Oh, come on! please! I know you don’t like my style and I’m totally not your style, but my style is what will make you win it. Are you not in it to win it? ‘Cause, that’s what I heard you say last week. That you're in it to win it. Please let me give you a make-over! No offence but you kind of need it. What do you say? Please?” pleaded Genie. Amarah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms then uncrossed them then, finally, she made her thinky face. Genie leaned in forward, her hopes rising. “Fine! Just stop making those ‘Pretty Please?’ eyes! They stare into my soul!” they both laughed as Genie escorted Amarah to the salon seat. Genie owns a salon right under Amara’s apartment home. “What shall it be?” asked she. “Oh wait- that's right! I’m the one choosing! Victory!” “ I just hope you don’t shave half of my head. You hear that G? Don’t shave half of my hair.”  "Yeah, we'll see about that. half a head of hair it'll be if that's what I desire!"


A little scissor-using,non-permanent hair dye using, some hair washing, and styling later:


 “Tada!” Genie said. “Like it?” I love it. Don’t you? Won’t you answer me? Hello?? Earth to Amarah!?” before Genie could continue, Amarah said, “I would answer if you would have a pause after you say ‘Do you like it’ so that I can get some words through.” Genie giggled. “I like it. I do. But…what about clothing? You know how all my clothes look. I have nothing to wear.” continued Amarah. “Hey, calm down. I got accessories and clothes and even glasses that match! Let’s start picking out the clothing. The fashion show is in three hours!” exclaimed G. they went to the back closet of the salon and– basically played dress-up but more maturely and serious. “This one?” asked Genie. Amara shook her head no. “What about this one?” pointed Amarah. “Ooh! That looks amazing! Here. try it on.” Genie The Fashion Queen left the room for Amarah to try on the dress. Amarah came out and said, “So?” “Nice!” answered Genie. Genie took some shoes out of the closet and some accessories, too. “Here. put these on. 2 hours and 40 something minutes left till’ Fashion Show Time.” 


A lot of moments later, Amarah was wearing beautiful clothes and beautiful shoes with a beautiful necklace and beautiful hair and glasses that were just a beauty. “90 minutes till’ the fashion show” said G. “Thanks G. thank you for helping me get ready for the show. Y’know, I knew there was a reason I call you G The Fashion Queen. Thank you.” with that, Amarah scurried out the door and started toward the car taking her to the fashion show, right before she squeezed the life out of Genie.


at the show, Genie wasn't there. it was no big deal; Genie told Amarah that she could not go because she had to stay at the salon. Amarah didn't mind. what she did mind was 1000 people staring at her, and that was what she had to face. "1000 isn't that much, Amarah. It's fine! you are Fine. nothing could possibly go wrong! great. now I'm thinking of everything that could go wrong. You're fine, Fine Fine Fine Fine. nothing is going to go wrong" Amarah told herself. it was her turn on stage and she walked the catwalk and strikes one of G's super-special-and-unique- poses that G told her to do. she un-posed and walked back to where she had been before she came out. "Amazing!" she told herself. I hope my driver recorded that like I told him to.


"The winners are..." said the PA speaker that was where all the fashion show participants-including Amarah- sat. "First place.... we have Ashley! applaud Ashly as she walks to the first place podium!" said the speaker again and continued: "Second place, Amarah! A warm welcoming for Amarah as she walks to the podium!" Amarah felt her heart skip a beat. she managed to stand and walk to the second-place podium, as Ashley did earlier. "You changed my life" Whispered Amarah, talking to Genie, even if she couldn't hear her. Speaker started again."Third place, Mary! sorry, Mary. but third is still honourable! applaud Mary everybody." The sound of hands joining together and then un-joining and doing it, again and again, filled the room. "Good job Mary," Amarah said to Mary.



the end







You, Oh people, or whoever is reading this, is to thank. Ok, maybe not, but I like saying that. I am not even eleven years YET and I love to write stories. I have no idea why. Reading and writing just connect to me. they call out to me. It's something no one else in my family has- or- not that I know of. My sister who is... let's do the math here... eh. I don't like math. Let's say this, instead of ages and how many years apart. One of my older sisters loves to read but never did she ever like to write. my other older sister... well, to be honest, she doesn't read AT ALL. one book I read was more than what she read in the whole year- or- what she read for fun, without anyone telling her to; she studies A LOT she loves to study. 90% is not enough for her grade. not to her it isn't. She LOVES her grades and to see them up high-witch she always does- but she hates school. and my older brother...oh come on. he is like my sister I was just talking about...except he doesn't care bout his grades. maybe he does, but I don't really know if they are considered good... so yeah. that's a bit about me and my siblings, and guess what? this is my first time posting on reedsy and my mom and dad fully approve of my doing it. writing is my passion and my parents support that I want to become an author when I am older. I really, really want to become an author. but we've got to find out if writing will stick to me until I can get a job, and that, my friends, is very very far away. I'm under 11. I hope you enjoyed my short story and I hope I didn't bore you with this long talk. have a good day!

May 09, 2022 01:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Bethany Marsh
14:21 Jun 08, 2023

HI AQSA

Reply

Show 0 replies
Aqsa Jadalowen
02:17 May 09, 2022

genie, pronounced geenie for poeple like me who cant help but pronounce it jeni.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.