0 comments

Christian

“This was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives,”. They were much in love but others saw that love and destroyed any future attempts to rekindle it. she lay dying and her breathe was shallow. then her true loves entered through the hospital door to see about his first,and only true love. just as he leaned over to give her a kiss By then it was too late. she had passed from her earthly life to her heavenly home. He thinks of her often,and never does he ever forget his one true love. Tears,but yet life must press on. As he pressed on he met many other women, but never did he ever find one like his first love was. He began to whither like a flower with no water to drink,and no nourishment for food. He wanted to die,and be with his first love, but something happened that gave him the will to live. As he sat in her favorite chair he kept weeping,and crying out to God just to take him home,and right out of thin air his first love appeared to him in a vision. Her hair was bright as gold,and her smile you could see a mile away it was so beautiful. she wrapped her arms around him,and whispered into his ear: Remember when I told you if anything ever happened to me to marry again,and be happy.? I can not rest in my grave knowing you were by yourself,and lonely. also continue to serve God in your ministry,and live the rest of your days happy. He wanted to say something but he was in awe,and could not speak. He could only hope that it was not just a dream. He went on making one mistake after another until his life meant nothing to him. If it was not for the promises he made to his first love he would of died of a broken heart. He promised her two things,and no matter what he was going to keep those promises to her. He did marry again,and stayed in the ministry for God,and when he went to the cemetery to tell her of the wonderful news by then it was too late.she waved goodbye as her spirit rose from the grave to enter her rest in heaven. As she ascended she said: Goodbye my love. your heart must live on. You gave me joy for 10 wonderful years now I must go. Remember you promised me. keep those promises all the days of your life. as he ran as fast as he could to catch one more glimpse of her she vanished without a trace. ten years had passed. her grave still remained in the spot she was buried at. the grass had whitered,and the flowers there wilted for lack of rain. the cider trees were soaking up most of the water. he never visited her grave ever again. He had to press on,and never forget the promises he made to her. He did marry again,and he did keep his promises,but what else was there.? He remembered the time when she was taking her last breathe her spirit passed through him before she went on to heaven. she possessed many God given abilities,talants and gifts,and with her final breathe she blew air into his lungs and gave them to him,and they indwelled within his being. He became a famous artist, writer,and motivational speaker. his painting,books,and talks became an inspiration to others,and today he travels where God sends him,and creates inspiration for others. He had never forgot his first love, but she wanted him to love again. when he married again his life went from having no meaning to having a purpose,and reason to press on. He has inspired many other artists,writers,and motivational speakers to reach for their dreams,and goals in life,and it all started with one breathe going into another body. As he looked up into the night sky he lifted his hands to God,and said: let the earth take that which is hers for the spirit of every man woman and child has no ending". for this story it only ends when he dies, but he continues to live remembering a long time ago why. life lives on no matter if we live or die. our spirit has no ending. He hopes that when his time comes his spirit will ascend to heaven,and he will see all who went on before him,and his first love. He wants to hold her in his arms. when life is but just a mist it does not die it goes straight into eternity,and we must no deny ourselves a heavenly home. It is never too late to begin again.! have you the reader ever lost a person you loved every much.? despite the turmoil you experienced with them you looked over their weaknesses,and loved them anyway.? we can be so in love with someone it is not easy to let them go when they die, but we must press on with life. We can not weigh and ounce of air nor a pound of fire. We have to accept the things we have no control over because weather we live or die we still belong to God. We may not love someone the same as we did another, but love never dies,and that's the end. You that reads such inspirational stories should be inspired through this one. this story is true. names are not mentioned for personal reasons. Never forget who you loved,and who you love now. We can remember the memories, but can not change them. we can only live what life God gives us one day at a time. we have to live in the present,and hope to have a wonderful future. We should settle for no more,and no less. He still lives on. he never visits her grave. she is not there. she is in heaven with God. He became what she wanted him to be,and by him keeping those promises he inspires many to reach out for their dreams,and goals in life,and make them become reality. All things work together for good to those who love God( Romans 8:28)

November 13, 2020 18:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.