0 comments

Adventure

Hi, I am Joe. I am 12 years old and I live in a world filled with robots. I also have a best friend that is a robot. His name is Will. I made him with my bare hands and he can interact with people. I love him so much that I even built a whole bunch of the same prototypes. They are tiny cute little robots. One night, I had a dream about these little cute robots turning against me and attacking me. But I knew that will never happen.

One morning, I went down to see my robots and make myself some breakfast because my mum and dad sleep very late during the weekends. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the back, I saw Will behind me and said good morning to him. Afterwards, he helped make breakfast together with me until the delicious scent of bacon and eggs filled the house and every robot came to help me! They were making a lot of noise because some robots were whirling in the air, and some of them were accidentally crashing into each other. 

They made such a noise that it woke my parents. My parents rushed downstairs and asked, “Have you burned the house down?!” Then I replied, “ Of course not! Those are just my robot friends.” The first thing you should know about Will though is that he is an intelligent robot but a little clumsy at the same time. He is also very curious but sometimes end up making a mess. Even with all that, I still love him. My parents also love him almost as much as I do, but they usually don’t forgive Will when he messes up their items. Most of my robot friends don’t like my parents all that much. Will is an exception, he likes everyone, even strangers. The first thing he does is just hugging anyone straight away. Can you imagine that? Hugging the people who are mean to him, is just very sad to watch. Keep on trying to hug people but get pushed away or get dumped in the trash. Will doesn’t really care though, he will try to do anything even with what bullies are doing to him.

Twenty years later, I was 22 years old and robots were getting more and more humanoid. Once I even heard a piece of news talk about a robot taking on its owner. Now I began to act cautiously around all my robots, even Will.

One day, I was outside walking when a robot suddenly hopped on my head and stomped on me! Oh no! The news I saw was real, robots were going against humans! Then, I pulled the robot off my head and grabbed him. I brought him back to his owner and the owner said, “ Thank you very much! I hope he hasn’t been a trouble to you.” Then I replied, “ He hasn’t really been a troublemaker. Maybe you can just change his coding and settings and that will make this dude more perfect.” 

Then I waved goodbye to the owner and ran off with strange thoughts in my head.

I got back home and slung my bag on the floor and ended up to search, “Can robots take over the world?” Wow, the results shocked me! There were hundreds of results and news about robot attacks! I called Will to come upstairs and he unsurprisingly did. Then I asked him if he would ever attack me and he said no. I trusted him, but there were still a bunch of robots in my house so I interviewed all of them. They all said no. That got me suspicious, maybe there was a ringleader telling them to say no. So I instantly thought of Will, the most intelligent and humanoid robot I have ever seen. I interviewed him over and over again but he kept on saying no he wouldn’t. So I stayed up at night and spied on my robots. I heard them conspiring about attacking me! I knew they were planning this all along. Now I caught them red-handed. So I started to prepare for this attack. But I didn’t have the guts to hurt Will, since he used to be my best friend and we were kind of like an unbreakable bond.

Early in the morning, I saw some of my robots with tools and weapons on their hands. Whenever I got close to them, they hid it away. Oh, I forgot to tell you that they were quite tiny and couldn't really do any harm unless they were in large numbers, which was exactly what I had in my house.

I interviewed them all over again. And this time I asked them what the tools were for. They always replied, “For fixing and organizing your house.” Then I asked them what the weapons were for and they always replied, “It’s for defending and guarding your house.” “Such cheeky little things,” I thought in my head. “ I will find out more tomorrow and I will give them harder questions.” At midnight, I heard some whispering voices and some machine sounds coming from our living room. This got me interested and I quietly sneaked downstairs. Then I found the robots building a giant robot ! I was now getting very anxious when they would strike. 

When I went back to bed after the inquiry, I had a dream about Will with glowing red eyes and he was controlling the giant robot with the robot armies on both sides of it. It was about 1 meter tall which was incredible and it had mini guns and missiles. In the morning, I called all my robots out for a walk in the park. Suddenly, the giant robot jumped out of a bush and pinched me to the ground. I was stuck! But I soon got an idea! I swung my bag right towards the robot’s head and ran while they were still distracted. When they chased after me, I found a garbage bin lid, using it as a shield and a stick as a spear or a sword.

“Now it is time for war, everyone!” Announced Will. When they heard the command, they charged toward me and I blocked one missile with my shield and whacked a bullet away with my now sad looking wooden stick. I banged the shield to the robot's side and pushed it off balance. But it steadied itself and charged at me and firing at me. “Now is the time I have to hurt Will and destroy him once and for all!” I thought in my now very worried and blank little brain. So I whacked the shield again and again until the robot fell and took the power line out of the robot and threw it everywhere. “This is a perfect plan.” I thought in my mind while all the robots collapsed because of there energy being sucked out of them and into the power lines. Even the great Will collapsed and turned off. 

Finally, the war was over. Then I watched the news again and found that there have been no more attacks because the ringleader of this attack turned off, or got destroyed. And some of the remaining robots saw a tiny robot named Will, telling other robots to attack humans. Now I completely understand what had happened. Will has the ringleader of this terrible attack. And I got to live in peace now every day without being worried about my robots. The End.

Written by Evan Chen

February 25, 2021 11:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.