0 comments

Adventure Happy Friendship

First level,

It was a quite normal day, it was really an icy winter to do any household task. Outside snow whirls through the air. I got up, took a shower, and did my pooja. At last my 7 year old son Atharv also woke up for his online class, he got freshed, had breakfast and signed in for class and suddenly checked his emails with an overjoyed face.


“HURRAY!!! I got off a day from school due to weather conditions and electricity problems”. He expressed.


 At the same time, I got the call “this is the school calling to inform you that due to the upcoming winter storm warning, school will not be in session today.”


Now what guess! He got the chance to have fun in the snow. 


“Mom, I want to go outside to play in the snow. I want to go sledding.” he said. 

I hanged for a second, “ ok fine but before that you need to finish all your pending works” I commanded.

“No, first I want to play in the snow” he uttered.

“Never mind. ok”. I said. 


Atharv was waiting for his friend eagerly to go outside together. I was also very excited to see the intense snow. After some time I also got ready in a coat, hat and gloves with my son.


Second Level:

We both opened the door in a rush and went outside in between his friend joined us. Atharv and his friend vanished to another lane of the building and started making a snowman. After that we all went for sledding near our area. But still it took 15 min drive. I started taking photos and videos in the chilly windy air rolling my face. But I still liked that, afterall it was my first snow in the US. We never had such experience in India. It was really my wonderful feeling. After reaching the hill side, we all got out from the car.


“Hey Atharv, come over here, first we can go for sledding.” Added his friend.

“Yeh! Of course, we can but I want to make snowman first!!” he answered.


Atharv made a little snowman with sticks and rocks for his hand and mouth. Finally he made something on his own. 

On the other side of the corners some kids were making a giant snowman. 


“Oh,it's a really cool snowman with sunglasses, a muffler and a cute red hat,” I expressed.


“ Thank you,” said the kid and chuckled.


My son and his friend were busy playing in the snow. Now it was the first experience for my son to go sledding, as well as mine. So, just scared. But Atharv’s friend helped him sled. It was a great learning part. They were throwing the snowball to each other and both laughed. 


It was Friday afternoon, now it was the time for lunch break, kids left for their houses.


“Please, let's go honey. It's lunch time” I requested.

“5 minutes more please” he said.


But I was on time, so it was hardly possible to stay. So, I pressured him and took him with me. We got back in the car and reached home. He changed his clothes which got wet. I also take a deep breath and start doing my daily chores.


“Mom, Please give me food” he voiced.

I answered,``Wait 2 minutes , serve you a hot meal.”


I gave him food and he got happy to see his favorite meal and started to eat, but sometimes I have to get him to eat, which is really time taking. But no worries, this time I was also eating with him. 


Third level:

It's already 4 o’clock, I don't know how long I will take to finish my chores, which is never ending work, I think. But somehow I got the time to relax, snuggle with warm tea and watch lil bit tv. That's the time of 1 hour for snuggling. Outside evening now got too chilly around 32 degrees, the snow storm was on its peak. My son kept talking about learning the sledding and snowflakes that how snowflakes create and fall, googled them.


Now it was time for the evening meal which means dinner. I started to prepare meals, for a time being my son was gathering all the papers for tomorrow's classes. He was very eager to tell about today’s fun to his class. After eating dinner we both packed in the bedroom with warm blankets. My son was gradually getting his eyes closed. 


“Good Night Mom” he said.

“Good Night, sweet dreams” I expressed.


As usual he wakes up and gets freshed, login his system for online class. 


My son said “It is a big day. I will tell my class about my “SNOW DAY”. How I learned about sledding in snow”

“Sure dear” I said.


His teacher Ms.Pinto greets the students and starts to discuss with students about yesterday's snow day. One by one each student tells the stories. Now it was the turn of my son to tell his story. He started to tell each incident to his teacher. My son had his first snowy experience in snow. So, he did not want to skip any details about snow. 


Suddenly what happened, his eyes opened and saw it was a whole dream and it was only 4 a.m, 5 hr still left to present in class. How funny!!. He again lay down to sleep.


I hope his snow day will be memorable and he will do his best in speech in the next day's class.

Nodoubt, my son enjoyed his first snow day like bird chirps and flapped her wings in the rain.




Next day:

I woke up and prepared breakfast as usual. Atharv also woke and got freshed except for a bath, ready for class. He wanted his perfect speech but didnt know how to start. So, I helped him to start. 


“Good Morning students!” Teacher greets.

“How was your snow day.. I hope everybody has fun. Now it’s time for storytelling. Are you guys ready” said the teacher.


After the class started he really made a good speech. Atharv also got the turn and spoke about the incident to the teacher. He really did well.


After finishing all the class activities, we both sighs, go to the window and watch the snow coverings on trees, houses and roads. Which reminded him to go once again for sledding.


I realized that in each and every phase, activities, kids learn new things and express their feelings accordingly.

That’s why snow days are called stress free.


January 20, 2021 03:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.