My story is entitled Joshua Jackson and his colleagues had a long journey in the desert after he mentioned to his colleagues that the journey was"Bon voyage."

Written in response to: Write a story that includes someone saying, “Bon voyage.”... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Joshua Jackson and his colleagues had a long journey in the desert after he mentioned to his colleagues that the journey was "Bon voyage."


Once upon a time, Joshua Jackson and his colleagues went on a long journey in the desert after the long journey he mentioned to the hearing of his colleagues "Bon voyage" , that literally means good voyage or journey.


One early morning Joshua Jackson and his colleagues went on a long journey in the desert. As they were going on the long journey a railway guard came along riding a white horse.

When they were answering the visitors questions ,he mentioned and said that he had seen a train travelling at a high speed to Koforiduah where the railway station was situated.

There were built houses around the railway station and a local market for the inhabitants of the community.


Again he was already worried that the inhabitants of Koforiduah knew about the essence of education and travelling.

The inhabitants often argued that Education was the key to success.

This was because travelling was part of education. The citizens of Koforiduah will have to go a long way on train rides. The journey to Koforiduah was not very far from where they were actually.

Most of the inhabitants were hard working farmers they often sell proceeds from their farms at the market near the railway station in order to earn their livelihoods.


It was observed and noted that Joshua Jackson and his colleagues can possibly get there before dark in the night. Joshua Jackson and his colleagues went on a long journey on the train. Actually following the line of the Canal on their right to the local market the inhabitants often bought food for human consumption.


In addition on the left was nothing but some sort of empty desert. In the distance there was a line of hills around the train station. Whilst reaching Koforiduah which was a collection of fishermen's huts,built houses and slums. As observed ,the tenets of the train guards where the train then branches off to the east.

They then stopped and Ebenezer declared that Prince Somebody had gone West on a train ride exactly.

Indeed it was actually clear from the diamond shaped marks on the railway getting to the desert.

It almost indicated that the train had quickly made a ride on the railway to it's destination when there was no other vehicle passing by on the road.

It was well said by the officer that the train also goes to Sunyani and Kumasi.

The nearest train station was at Ring road in Accra,which was about ninety or hundred miles away from the city by then.

There was an untarred road around the railway station that leads exactly to the local market within the community.

Again he could go almost anywhere and it was noted that his train could exactly be followed said Ebenezer.

Most people came on a train ride to the local market to buy food stuffs from the farmers at the market near the train station in order to sell at a high price in the local markets in Accra.

There was no petrol in the train the Captain had to go to Koforiduah to get more petrol.

Again Joshua Jackson and the other colleagues mentioned that they could possibly go to Sunyani and Kumasi on a train ride early in the morning.

Most often they spent the night exactly within the Hostel.

It was all right then ,agreed Joshua Jackson. They got back to Sunyani on a train ride. Whenever they bought tickets for train ride they were given free souvenirs and cold drinks due to the fact that they often experience hot climate and bad weather conditions.

Whenever the train gets to it's destination successfully on a long journey the Captain and his crew organize a welcome party and invite some of their friends and passengers to eat and enjoy with them in the restaurant.

Due to the excitement and the enjoyment of drinks and meals without no accident on the railway , Joshua Jackson and his colleagues often argue that their journey was "Bon voyage" which means a good journey or voyage.


Again it was quiet dark that there was no room and the shops were clouded over.

Joshua Jackson realised that it was easy to then go a few yards down to Koforiduah railway station and then wait till the Railway station officer returns from Koforiduah.

Also Joshua Jackson and his colleagues called out but it all came to no avail there was no answer. Sometimes Joshua Jackson and his colleagues went on a train ride by driving their car to the railway station. There was some guilty feelings that the boys drove to Koforiduah and then succeeded in getting some petrol into the train.

Yes,was the reply but the District was under the control of the Frontiers of Railway Administration that controls all trains that goes to a railway station. It was their business to take in more passengers on a train ride.


Also he went further on a train ride to Koforiduah and Sunyani. Also with his three other friends he had to wait for them and then come back to Mount Sinai.

Within the moment that the officer had driven off the boys looked at each other.

He again imagined their thoughts were almost the same and they all began to laugh by then as they realised it.

There was no enough petrol in the train unless the train at the railway station had alot of passengers who were ready to board the train at the railway station. The train had alot of passengers who were ready to board the train and then go on the train ride.


Within the moment the train station officer had driven off the boys looked at each other. It was noted that their thoughts were all the same and then they began to laugh as they realised it entirely.

They had no petrol in the train.


Finally Joshua Jackson and his colleagues went Westwards along the railway station on a train ride.

It was there that Joshua Jackson mentioned "Bon voyage" that literally means good voyage or journey.


October 18, 2022 06:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.