0 comments

Adventure

It was John, Jose, and Javi on the boat. They were fishing early in the morning deep in the sea. They had been anticipating this trip for months now. It was Jose’s big fishing boat that was only used for their yearly seven day fishing trip. It was John’s first time going on this trip and it was Jose and Javi’s sixth year going. They had always had a great time on these trips. Some personal time for themselves. They would catch fish early in the morning, crack some cold ones, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together, and overall they would just enjoy some personal bonding time together. They were excited to have their good buddy John on the boat with them. It was five in the morning and the boys were all ready with their fishing gear. It was their first day of the week-long adventure. Javi yawned and said to John and Jose, “Look at it boys, it’s a perfect day for fishing!”

They casted their lines into the deep Pacific Ocean and all morning until the afternoon they chatted it up and caught many fish along the way. Jose was having a great day catching the biggest fish at 10 pounds. Javi was getting better with his fishing luck and caught some fish. John was a newbie and had not caught anything. Javi and Jose looked at him and laughed as they both said, “Man you are getting skunked!” John didn’t really let it bother him. He was having a good time with his two long time friends out in the ocean without a care in the world. 

The sun was setting and the wind was blowing. It was becoming night time. The three boys were going to get ready to make some dinner and head to bed to be ready for their next day of fishing. 

They all slept right away excited for their next day of fishing and travelling the ocean. Little did they know this day would change their lives forever and not for the best. 

John was the first one up making breakfast and coffee for Javi and Jose. Jose was the one who liked to sleep in the most. Javi was an early bird just like John. Finally the three men were up and eating breakfast. John said with excitement, “Are you guys ready to catch some fish? I’m feeling real lucky today boys. I know I’m going to get a big one, I just know it.” John was absolutely right. 

They had been fishing for about two hours already. Jose of course had already caught 4 fish. Javi had only had one and again John wasn’t having the best of luck. He had no fish yet. Finally after three hours, John yells with excitement, “I think I have one! It feels really big!”. John’s pole was bending from whatever fish was pulling on his hook. As he reeled it in it became easier for him and when it finally got to the surface it was not there. The fish had escaped. Javi was removing the fish off his hook when his finger slipped and he cut himself on his new very sharp hook. He began to bleed a lot. He hung his finger over the boat as the blood dripped. This was a huge mistake on Javi’s end. He went to the first aid kit and bandaged up his finger and continued to fish. The water drifted out into the water. Javi thought nothing of it. John continued to fish. He was determined to catch at least one. He did not want to get skunked two days in a row. Again John felt a tug at his pole. This time it was much much stronger.

John yelled to Jose and Javi, “I’m not going to let this fish go away this time.” He was tugging at his pole and reeling it in with all his force. Jose was watching him hoping his friend would finally catch a fish. As he was looking into the water he noticed a huge gray like object in the water. He looked and a sharp fin was sticking out the water. John was being pulled further onto the deck and was at the verge of almost falling off the boat. 

Jose yelled to both Javi and John, “Stop! It’s a great white!” It was too late for John. He had fallen over and into the water. It was Javis blood from his cut that had caused the shark to make its way over to the boat. John panicked as he tried to swim back and get to safety without getting attacked by the shark. Jose threw in a float so John could grab onto it and Jose and Javi would pull him back onto the boat and back to safety. 

Javi yelled to John, “Hurry John and grab it! We need to get you back up here!” John grabbed onto the float and as soon as he grabbed onto it a huge splash of water came out of the water. It was the great white shark. He bit John’s right leg and John screamed in pain. Jose and Javi pulled him as fast as they could. John was finally back on the boat. He was in so much pain. His leg had a huge gash and the skin was ripped from his leg. It was flesh and bone from his knee down. Jose sent Javi to call air support through the radio. Driving back to shore on the boat would be too long. John needed urgent care for his leg. A helicopter would be on it’s way and be there to take them in 20 minutes. Meanwhile as they waited they gathered everything and helped John with his leg anyway they could. 

Finally the helicopter was above them and there to rescue them. They were airlifted to a hospital. Jose and Javi stayed the whole night with John as they performed surgery on his leg. The shark had ripped many ligaments and muscles in John’s leg. After 5 hours of surgery John came out limping but it was a miracle that he was even able to walk. 


May 07, 2020 01:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.