0 comments

General

May 14

Today I was told by my psychiatrist to write in this stupid journal. Why? She just said that it would help me with my "issues". What issues, I don't think I have any. She said that I have feelings that I won't let out and that it's "unhealthy" to hold in my emotions. That is so dumb. Well now, I have one more thing to worry about. After my "talk" with the psychiatrist, I went to my first hour, English. I've never like English, and don't really pay attention. So I just doodled on my notebook. I looked up and saw my crush, a boy named Tyler, and noticed he was staring right at me. I smiled and looked back at my doodles. When I looked up, I saw that he was right over me. He asked me if I like to draw and I guess he couldn't see my doodles, because when I said, "what do you think?" he looked hurt. So I showed him my doodles, covering the one I was currently working on-it was a doodle of him-and he said that he liked them. I could feel my face growing red, and quickly looked away. I'm was not going to let him know that I liked him so I went to the bathroom. Closing and taking my notebook with me.

In the bathroom, my hands got super red and warm, I thought that maybe they were burning up, so I went to turn the water on and rinse them under cold water, but when I touched the faucet, it made a sizzling sound, like it was being burned. I quickly let go and saw that my hand had melted it. I quickly got out of the bathroom and went outside the school.

Right outside there is a water fountain, so I plunged my hands into it and waited until they were no longer red. When they were normal again, I went back inside and into the bathroom and dried my hands. I have NEVER felt this way before. I have no idea what happened, or why! Maybe there is something wrong with me, so I will be writing in here more often.

After the hand accident, the rest of the day went pretty normal, and I didn't have another weird thing happen to me during the school day. It wasn't until I got home that anything REALLY weird happened.

In my family we have three members all together, my brother, my dad, and me. We live in a small trailer house that has one bathroom and three bedrooms. I like that it's small, because then I don't feel lonely. My room has a bed, a desk, a dresser, and a closet. There is not much room for anything else.

When I got home-I usually ride my skateboard, unless it's raining then I ride the bus, today was raining so I rode the bus home-I noticed that my dad's car was gone. I've never been really close to my dad, and my mom died when I was born. So I only have my older brother, Matt, to take care of me. He is 18 and only two years older than me. I went inside and saw that Matt was sitting on the couch with his girlfriend, Barbra-she says to call her Barb. She is a pain, so when she comes over I hide in my room. When I came in, they both turned around and Barb put on the most fake smile I have ever seem on a person, and says hi. I let out a loud groan and go to my room, slamming the door on my way in. I could hear them begin to talk again. I could hear Barb say, "Your sister is a freak!". I'm used to people telling me I'm a freak, but after everything that happened today, I just had so much anger. Since I had no where to let these emotions out I left my room and went outside.

Behind our house are thick woods. I could hear my brother calling my name, but I didn't look back. I went into the woods and began to pick up rocks. Flinging them at trees. I could hear Matt and Barb getting closer, which in turn made me angrier. When they have finally caught up to me, I threw a stone and it hit went flying so far no one could see it. Barb came up behind me and told Matt that I was dangerous and that he should kick me out of the house, make me live alone in the woods. I turned around and screamed, "SHUT UP!" and all around me stones where flying and aimed right at Barb. She was hit and bruised, and after I noticed that I DID THAT, I started to break down and cry, the stones stopped flying and I saw that Barb was bleeding everywhere the stones hit her, I could also see that a stone had hit Matt and he was bleeding to. I got up, still crying and ran farther in the woods. not looking back. Only when I came to a clearing, I stopped and found a stump to sit on. I sat there and processed what had happened today. Why is this happening to me? I looked at my hands and inspected them for anything that could cause the stones to fly or them to burn a sink faucet. I found nothing.

I went inside just before my dad came home. I went into my room and began to draw. I heard a knock on the door and Matt came inside. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked me, I looked at his jaw, he had cleaned up the blood, but I still didn't trust myself around him. I didn't answer, and he told me that Barb was fine, but she didn't want to go to our house anymore. I said I was sorry and asked him to give me some privacy. Inside I was glad, no more being called a freak in my own home, no more hiding from Barb. I got ready for bed and now you are caught up!

May 20

Well today was not a good day. It started during lunch, I usually sit alone, but today Tyler wanted to sit with me. So I was sitting with Tyler, and then I saw Barb come over to my table with her friends, and...my BROTHER! I had no idea what they were going to do, but I could tell by the smile on Barb's face that they were up to no good. Barb came up to me and slammed her hands on the table. "I don't know what you did the other day, but don't think I won't get you back, Freak", she yelled in my face. My face emotion never changing, I shrugged and said; "Well you deserved it, I have been putting up with your crap everyday. Each day I go home and you tease me, so what happened to you was what you had coming". At that she took my milk from my tray and threw it at my face, but when it came at me, it started to get slower, until it had stopped, I looked up and saw that everyone had stopped, I moved just to where it could not hit me and then time started to speed back up, and the milk spilled to the ground. I could see every one in the group including Tyler were shocked. I took Tyler's hand and led him to a deserted hall. He asked what that was, and I told him that I don't know, since Monday things had been going weird. I told him about my powers. I can burn things, throw things with my mind, and now stop time. I thought that he was going to leave but he hugged me. He let go and told me that I had great gifts and that he would never leave my side.

When I got home, my brother didn't talk to me, not that I would talk back anyways. I went to my room and talked to Tyler on Chat. Today was the day it all began...

April 07, 2020 17:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.