2 comments

Fantasy Fiction Kids

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

A long, long time ago, there were only the Moon and Sun that existed in the world, well the animals too, but that is a different story. The Moon named, Luna and the Sun was Apollo. Every time Apollo rises, he is always bright and shining! Everyone is happy when they see him and will greet him with joy. Yet with all this joy, they cannot stare at him for a long time since he shines so bright it hurts the animals’ eyes. Apollo does not know this, and he thought that the animals were just busy doing their things. The animals make excuses so that they don’t hurt Apollo’s feelings. The day passes by, and Apollo leaves. That’s when Luna comes, and all of the animals thought that Luna was evil. They don’t treat her like they treat Apollo, and this made Luna very sad because she is very lonely and doesn’t have any friends.

One night, while Luna was still in the sky crying, a baby raccoon saw her and asked, “why are you sad?”. Luna stopped sobbing and wiped her tears away before answering, “I’m not sad at all. There’s something in my eye that made me tear a little bit.” said Luna. The baby raccoon smiled at her and said, “You’re so pretty! What’s your name?” Before Luna could answer, the baby raccoon’s mother came, and she was agitated. “Rocket! What are you doing? Don’t you know it’s dangerous for you to be outside at this time! We have to wait for the Sun to rise before we can go outside!” said the mother. Then, the mother looked at Luna and whispered, “And don’t you ever talk to her again; she’s bad; that’s why she only appears at night.” Rocket knew at that moment that his mom was wrong. He felt calm talking to Luna, and he believes that she is friendly. Rocket sneaks out every night to talk to the Moon, he likes talking with her, and his eyes doesn’t hurt when he looks at Luna.

On that very night, Rocket wasn’t careful enough to sneak out of his home. His mother followed him, and she was surprised to see her son talking to the Moon. At that moment, Rocket’s mom stopped their conversation, grabbed her son back and pulled him into the treehouse. The mom forbids Rocket to talk to Luna, and he cannot go outside after sunset. After that incident, Luna feels even sadder, and she cried and cried. Apollo noticed the tears on Luna’s eyes. He wants to talk to her, but he doesn’t know-how. Little did they know, Lamia the Moon-fairy overheard Apollo when he said it aloud. The Moon-fairy felt bad for Luna, and she thought about doing something nice for her. Lamia asked the fairy Queen Maurelle if she would allow her to intervene with a cause. Queen Maurelle thought about it for some time and said, “You’re a good fairy, Lamia. And I understand how may feel if that makes you happy then as your Fairy Queen of Moonlight Palace I, Queen Maurelle, grant you the opportunity to help others in need. And if ever you’re in doubt, listen to your heart and follow what is right.” The next morning, Lamia, moving swiftly like the wind, left the Moonlight Palace. She had to make sure that no one would see her, especially Apollo. Lamia carefully hid underneath a maple leaf and patiently waited for the Sun to set. She is very excited to see Luna.

The Sun finally sets, and the sad Moon appeared. Luna looked so sad and helpless. She saw Rocket looking at her. Luna smiled at him, he smiled back at her, and suddenly, Rocket’s mom pulls him away. Luna saw the sad eyes of her friend, and she understands his situation. Even though the animals weren’t kind to her. She’s still hoping that someday they will realize that she is not bad at all. Lamia couldn’t bear it any longer, she felt how sad they are, and her tears fell down her cheeks. She waves her tiny pointy finger and chants her spell:

“Oh! Moonlight that glimmers in the sky!

Shine oh! Shine my Moon tonight!

For it’s your turn to bright so fine!

Grant my wish for this moon tonite!

Not long after that, the Moon changes to a blue like a colour. The animal noticed the sudden change in the sky and all of them went outside. Luna, on the other hand, didn’t see any difference. After a moment, when all the animals gathered around and looked at her, they gasped in awe and couldn’t believe how pretty she is. Rocket then yelled, “She’s even prettier!. And wow! Look at the sky! It’s beautiful!” The animals that gather around along with her mother looked at him. Then they realised that Rocket is right all along.

 An hour ago, before the sunsets, Lamia asked Apollo to help Luna out by giving her a little bit spark of his glimmer and the Sun didn’t hesitate to agree.

Lamia then waved her tiny pointy finger to the sky and added a little bit dots that won’t hurt the animal’s eyes. These dots called STARS. From then on, every time the Sunsets, all the animals are excited to see Luna in the sky. Rocket was always excited to greet her every night, more so that his family accepted Luna as his friend. Luna is very happy to have new friends and she is more happier when all the animals are not afraid of her anymore. They talked to Luna more and more and share the day that they had.

One night, Lamia visit to Luna and gather all the animals to share some news that the Fairy Queen was helping her to make Luna brighten during the night. However, the Fairy Queen needs to rest for a while as giving a part of her power weakens her. Lamia also explains to everyone that her powers are so limited that they can only see the glistening of Luna every two and a half years.

May 22, 2023 02:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Octogirl 149
17:37 Jun 07, 2023

Can I read this story on my podcast?

Reply

03:14 Jun 10, 2023

Hi! Yes, you can! Thank you for choosing my story for your podcast.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.