General: Write a story that begins and ends with someone looking up at the stars.

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write a story that begins and ends with someone looking up at the stars.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Weekly Writing Prompts

Prince De-Grant Brempong

Te.0575086991

Email: princedegrant32@gmail.com

Email: princedegrant37@gmail.com

Write a story that begins and ends with someone looking up at the stars.

Someone looking up at the stars ,I realised there was an encounter with bees.

My story is entitled An Encounter with bees within my neighbourhood.

Someone looking up at the stars made me walked home full of regret and sorrow.

However I did not blame anyone at all.

My own concern was how to get well soon and fit in our society by the following morning.

Aso the boys and girls at school were surely to ask questions. One may ask probably, what answers would they give. ?

What can the teachers do in solving issues and problems.?

The teachers will perhaps make us the kids stand before the school and beat us all up for going honey hunting in the neighborhood behind the school.

The main reason for such corporal punishment was because we should be doing our homework instead of honey hunting with students and neighbourhood boys.

Indeed we were all sad at that moment and not smiling at all.

Also while we were still thinking of this my sister came out of. the bush at the back of. our house and saw my appearance.

As quiet noted she was shocked and went forward to tell her mother in the house.

We students feared the worst was about what we will encounter in our neighborhood.

My mother came out ,there I was standing alone like a zombie, shivering with all sorts of. fear and fever.

However my father was not in due to this situation I was lucky for he was a quick tempered man, and would have whipped me almost there and then.

We the students heard a shout coming out from Michaels house.

Help! Help! we shouted that Michael had fainted.

My father had the sympathy for Michael that he took him to the hospital for a speedy recovery.

Michael was laid on bed and admitted to the hospital. The doctor was sent for but could not come easily at once as he was busy treating Michael.

Also when he came ,he gave Michael some drugs and medicine to take from the Pharmacy shop.

The medicine had a sweet taste,it made my taste buds so sweet.

The medicine was mixed with honey that made it tasty and very sweet.

My friend Michaels body was rubbed all over with mixed honey.

Almost every part of. his body was rubbed with mix honey .

Michael was rubbed with this same kind of medicine that he felt sticky all over his body.

However in about a period of ten minutes , Michael was sick all over his entire body.

Almost every part of Michaels body was shivering as if he experience some cold due to the bad weather.

Also within a little time I felt asleep and woke up in the morning completely recovered .

Again all the swellings on my face had disappeared within my sleep.

I however looked into the mirror and saw that I was my old self again.

Again when I got ready for school I wondered what entirely happened to my other friends.

When I was about to have left for school Joseph one of my friends came in looking happy.

However, we both moved on to Michaels house. Again, apart from the bandage on his entire feet ,you might guess whether it was the same boy who had been very ill and had also fainted the day before within the school premises.

My friends and I were now satisfied that nobody would hear all about his adventure in school.

The following week when Michael got well out of his sickness ,he was brought home.

My other friends and I went and wished him to get well soon and presented him a few gift.

Michael recovery from the hospital made him have patience not to have an

encounter with the bees.

It was however ,the encounter with bees that made Michael faint ,he was so afraid about the fact that the bee will stung him.

However his friends were still not afraid about his encounter with the bees. They visited the bee hive every Saturday in search of honey ,but little do they get ,that they could not even sell it for cash but for their own personal consumption.

They had no better option of their adventure with the bees in the school neighborhood.

Again we walked into the school as usual as if nothing had happened about our encounter with the bees.

Almost the boys and girls burst into laughter and a song entitled Something inside so strong was sung.

Both my friends and I tasted the honey and we realised how sweet the honey was entirely and how hard the bees stung the human body.

Almost some of. the boys and girls in the school clapped their hands around us in applause of the fact that the honey tasted very good.

The following weekend which was a Saturday my friends and I had the courage and encouragement to go to the neighborhood in search of more honey. My friends and I had enough honey that we decided to sell some in shops for human consumption to earn money.

The shop also dealt with the processing of honey from the raw state to its consumption.

Even our neighbours next door came over for some honey and paid me some honey . My encounter with the bees made both me and my friends rich and we became entrepreneurs within quiet a tender age.

My friends and I established a business limited by liability ,we float shares to shareholders and even got listed on the Stock Exchange and held regular Annual General Meeting at the end of. the year.

Someone looking up at the stars I realised that the sky is always the limit. So I extended my business internationally I reared bees and exported honey to other parts of

the world to earn foreign exchange together with my friends in our Adulthood.

July 24, 2020 03:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.