0 comments

American Teens & Young Adult Science Fiction

Becky just turned eighteen she lives with her family out in the woods in a cabin there is not a town for miles around. At night all they heard going to bed is the sound of crickets chirping out side of their windows. Every once in a while they could hear a wolf howling at night Becky and her family loved the seclusion of where they lived no neighbors.

Just pure uninterrupted silence no noise from the city like car horns sirens they get none of that out here. Till one night Becky noticed a loud humming coming from the woods outside her bedroom window. Becky sat up in her bed looking out her window trying to see what exactly it was that was making the noise. But she sees nothing out there but the loud noise happens every night. Becky asks her family at dinner time the next day.

Becky: ( Did anyone else hear the loud noise out in the woods last night?)

Mom: ( No I did not hear anything.)

Becky: ( I know I can not be the only one that heard it.)

Mom: ( Tells us what you heard.)

Becky: ( It is hard to explain. But it sounds like a loud droning sound I can not explain it any other way.)

The whole family at dinner talk to each other about what Becky hears at night trying to figure out what to do about it. Her brother looks at everyone then takes his hand slamming it on the table to get every ones attention.

Dad: ( Mike are you out of your mind. You just knocked over every ones glass.)

Mike: ( I am sorry but I needed your all’s attention. That was the fastest way to do it besides yell like everyone else.)

Dad: ( Well you have every ones attention now what is so important.)

Mike: ( Here is my thought on it we have four camera’s in the basement. We can set them up through out the woods around the house to see if we can caught whatever is making that noise.)

Dad: ( You know that is a good idea.)

Dad and Mike finish up their supper then head to the basement to get the cameras they gather them all up with the cords. They both head back up the steps dad asks Mike.

Dad: ( How will we record all of this.)

Mike: ( Well after we get them all set up I can link them into the desk top and record everything on there.)

Dad: ( Really?)

Mike: ( Yes. I can do that we can also watch the live feed from it.)

Dad: ( A live feed?)

Mike: ( Yes.)

Dad: ( Okay. Well lets get it set up.)

Dad and Mike go out to the woods set up all the cameras one by one as they are out there they watch each others back. Neither one of them hear anything like Becky explained but they are not going to say she is lying. They will do everything that they can to make her feel comfortable plus if something is out here maybe they could catch it and turn it over to the government.

Mike is putting the final touches on the last camera as mike finishes they begin walking back to the house. They talk about the possibilities of what the noise would be.

Dad: ( Mike do you think it could be a bird out side Becky’s window.)

Mike: ( No she said it was a droning noise.)

Dad: ( Droning hmm.)

Mike: ( Yeah it is kind of hard to place a noise like that out here.)

Dad: ( Yeah your right.)

Mike: ( Have you heard of anyone going to do any work out here?)

Dad: ( No. But that could be a possibility)

Mike: ( Lets not tell Becky till we know for sure.)

Dad: ( Yes I agree.)

They both make their way back to the house as they enter the house Becky asks.

Becky: ( Did you get all the camera’s up?)

Dad: ( Yes we did.)

Becky: ( Okay good.)

Later that night every one is sound asleep Becky finds it hard to sleep not matter how hard she try’s. All Becky can do is just lay in bed looking at her clock as the hours pass by finally around three in the morning she drifted off to sleep. At four thirty in the morning the sound came again Becky shoots up in bed looking out the window. The sound came from deep in the woods she is hoping that a camera picked up the noise and hopefully what made the noise. Becky is down stairs as soon as the sun rises waiting for her brother to come down to replay the cameras.

Mike walks down the stairs at nine in the morning Becky looks at him running over to meet him at the bottom of the stairs saying.

Becky: ( Mike! I need you to replay last nights recording.)

Mike hardly awake rubbing his eyes says.

Mike: ( What? Why?)

Becky: ( The noise happened again. I wanna see if it was caught on camera.)

Mike: ( Okay I will bring it up you look it over. As for me I am getting some coffee.)

Mike walks over to the computer Becky hot on his heels mike brings up the recordings from last night. Becky sits in the chair her eyes locked on the screen Mike walks away to the kitchen. Becky did not even notice her parents coming down the stairs she did not even hear them say ( Good morning) to her. They walk into the kitchen where Mike is getting his coffee they all talk back and forth about what Becky is doing.

Mike: ( Hey morning.)

Mom: ( Morning.)

Dad: ( Morning the coffee ready?)

Mike: ( Yes I just got me a cup.)

Mom: ( What is Becky doing? How long has she been up?)

Mike: ( She is going over the recordings from last night. She said the noise happened again and she was down here before I was.)

Mom: ( Poor girl.)

Dad: ( What are we going to do?)

Mike: ( I have no idea. I just hope the cameras caught something to make her feel better.)

Becky has ear phones in listening as hard as she could she fast forwards to the time of when she heard it then listens hard and, watching to see if there was anything caught on the camera. All of a sudden the noise comes across the video with a bright light Becky screams with excitement. Everyone in the kitchen dropped their cups of coffee running around the corner to the living room to see if Becky some how got hurt.

Dad: ( Becky are you all right?)

Becky: ( Yes! I am the camera caught everything.)

Mom: ( What? It did?)

Dad: ( Mike can you get it to play on the big screen?)

Mike: ( Yes I can.)

Mike start to work on the computer hooking it up to the television every one sits on the couch waiting for mike to finish up. With hooking up the computer so the all can see what is going on.

Mike: ( There it is done.)

Dad: ( Becky what time did it happen?)

Becky: ( Mike fast forward it to four thirty in the morning.)

Mike: ( Okay fast forwarding now.)

Mike: ( Okay here it is four thirty in the morning.)

Becky: ( Now every one watch Dad turn up the volume all the way it is a little faint but it is there.)

Her dad turns the volume all the way up on the television Mike comes over to the couch every one is watching and waiting. As the time hits four thirty five on the recording the sound comes across the television three seconds later a bright light comes on the television.

Mom: ( What was that?)

Dad: ( I have no idea. Mike go through the other cameras now see if we have a better angle of this. I am going to make a few calls.)

Mike goes through the other cameras he finds nothing else Becky sits there amazed that she was not going insane. Becky decides to sit and watch the one camera that caught the noise and the light to see if there is anything else. To her amazement there is Becky yells.

Becky: ( Hey guys come here you need to see this.)

Everyone come back to the living room to watch what else is on the recording. A minute after the sound and the light there are four beings the walk into view.

Dad: ( We really need to make some calls.)

Mom: ( But to who?)

Dad: ( Start with the cops then work our way up.)

Mom: ( No one will believe us.)

Mike: ( Thanks to Becky being a light sleeper and watching out her window they will.)

All of Becky’s Family spent four days on the phone with every one they could think of from cops to FBI. All the way up there was a lot of people that came out to view the footage her brother and dad took them to the camera spots. Showing them that none of it was fake eventually the government brought people out to search through out the woods. What they found was amazing they found where a ship landed found footprints. None of this would be possible if Becky did not here the sound and kept watch out her window. Plus her brother and dad put up cameras in the woods.  

June 09, 2021 18:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.