0 comments

Drama Fiction Funny

INTROVERT GIRL


My name is Girly. They used to call me an introvert girl, actually they just called me, Girl only, you don't have to wear anything introverted. My habit of always being aloof and avoiding crowds makes me only have a few friends, but, it doesn't matter to me because it's not an introvert if you have many friends.


This is my life every time I come home from school until the evening I only work in front of my laptop and books. Compared to them my brothers and all the people who prefer to be outside the house just for a walk or shopping in spare hours which they find fun, hufftt but not for me. "Girly let's go for a walk!" get Britney on the phone.


She is one of my friends who has the opposite nature to me. Yes, she is an extrovert. I don't know why she feels comfortable being friends with me, even though people don't like being close to me for long and maybe this is what makes me stay alone or single, but dating is not important to me. I don't know how many times I said no to Britney but, still, she forced me to come with her.


"Come on Girly... Just this time, don't refuse my invitation, aren't you bored in front of your laptop all the time?"

For some reason this time I said yes to that person as if I melted at her words.

"Okay, but I don't want to be in a place full of people for long!" I haven't had time for Britney to reply to my words, I immediately hang up the phone, I can't stand talking for a long time with someone who is super chatty like her, huufft. Now here I am with the extrovert, I have been accompanying her shopping for almost two hours at the mall. Really, I don't like this place, I want to go home.


“Britney, if you just want to go shopping, why don't you just take your boyfriend, you know I don't like crowds! It's better now you just tell your boyfriend to come here. I want to go home!"

"Girly, if Sammy isn't busy right now, why would I invite an introverted girl like you!"

"Okay, now I want to go home! You're shopping alone, okay?" I said, annoyed at Britney. And finally, I left her alone with my mouth still gaping.

"I'm never going out with you again"



INTROVERT BOY


Will you come to the party, Bean? I don't know, I have a little work to do. Really? Why don't you trust me, Bob? Because it's the weekend, it's not the time to work anymore, right? I prefer me time on weekends. I'm just letting you know that there's a birthday party for our friend, Denise, if you don't want to come, that's okay, who knows you'll get a crush later :). It's not that I don't want to but I don't have an up-to-date dress code. If so, you can just use mine, I want to see you have a trailer.


But I'm a quiet person and not rich like you, how could someone have a crush on me. You don't have to think about it, what matters is that you enjoy it, or someone will invite you to be together. Hmm. Seriously? You're pretty cute in the eyes of the girls.

OK, I want to come with you too, Bob, as long as you teach me your best love poem, okay? Of course, I feel sorry for you if you are called an introvert or a gay guy, Bean :). I'll introduce you to my girlfriends who are super slang so you can hang out too, Bean


When almost all of Denise's birthday party guests have arrived, the slang boy Bob introduces Bean to his girlfriends who are single to Bean. On average, Bob's female friends quite like Bean with a cute physical appearance, but still innocent in seducing girls. Because Bean is still not confident in seducing, Bob invites Bean and his girlfriends to a cocktail party so the atmosphere can lighten up.


After drinking a few cups of cocktails, Bean began to look bold to seduce Bob's girlfriends. Bean begins to invite one of Bob's girlfriends named Janette. Janette is a perfectionist girl. The beginning of the introduction between Bean and Jeannette went smoothly.


But when Janette asked a sensitive question, Bean started to get cornered. Janette asked, Bean, what is your father's business? Bean was silent and felt inferior. Why was Bean silent, asked Janette. I'm just the son of a civil servant. Janette also felt sorry to meet Bean because he was not from the upper class. Janette suddenly left Bean and chatted with another man who looked classier than her.


With Janette's treatment, Bean lost his confidence to approach Bob's other female friends. Bob comforted Bean by saying, "not one fish in the sea." Bean re-acquainted with Bob's friend named Sandy. Sandy is a girl with a high sense of fashion, hoping to have a partner who can treat her to every fashion shopping list. Seeing Sandy's slightly arrogant speech, Bean's heart felt like it was going to break, afraid of being ignored again.


Bean and Sandy's conversations were stiff because there was a fairly large social status gap earlier. Bean found it difficult to be accepted as Sandy's boyfriend because he wasn't from a rich family. With better looks and simplicity of Bean, Sandy likes it, but because of Janette's whispers that say love is money not face.


Sandy turned away from Bean. Bean could only cry in his heart why I was not considered and a thousand questions in his mind. Bean really hoped for Sandy's attention. But whatever the power, Love does not arrive is the best choice for Bean. Bean began to vow to himself before I became a rich man before I became a millionaire, I will not go to any party, "I'm never going out with you, Bob."

July 28, 2021 09:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.