My story is titled In a coffee shop within the community in my home country.

Written in response to: Start your story in a coffee shop without using obvious words to describe it (e.g. barista, coffee cup.)... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Western

My story is entitled In a coffee shop within the community in my home country.

Coffee is noted as a beverage brewed from the roasted and ground seeds of tropical evergreen coffee plant.


Once upon a time, it was noted that the coffee shop is also a coffee house or cafe. The coffee house within my home country happens to be an establishment that primarily serves various types of coffee,espresso,latte,milo and cappuccino.

Also some of the coffee shops and houses often serve cold drinks such as iced tea as well as other non-caffeinated beverages.

Most coffee shops or houses may also serve food such as light snacks, sandwiches,muffins, fruit or pastries.

It can be noted some cafes also serve alcoholic beverages.

Some coffee houses or coffee shops ranges from owner operated small business to some large multinational corporations.

Again most coffee shops or coffee house also operate on a franchise business model with numerous branches across all other countries around the world.

The coffee shop is a small and inexpensive restaurant, transport cafe ,tea house or tea room.

Also the coffee shop is a casual eating and drinking place.

The coffee shop may share the same characteristics of a bar or restaurant. Coffee shops are usually different from a cafeteria.

In some places and communities coffee shops are espresso bars that specializes in serving espresso and other espresso based drinks.

Some other neighbourhoods consider the coffee shop or house largely as centers of social interaction.

The coffee shop provides patrons with a place to congregate,talk,read,write, entertain one another or pass the time whether individually or in small groups.

Also the coffee shop or coffee house can actually serve as an informal club for its regular members.


Some coffee houses or coffee shops often host Musical performances in the evening. Again the espresso bar is a type of coffee house or coffee shop that specialises mainly in selling coffee drinks and sometimes other beverages as breakfast in the morning.

The coffee drinks are usually made from espresso. Coffee is said to be originated from Italy, the espresso bar spreads through out the world in various forms.

Some coffee houses or coffee shops well noted in the United States of America a place of opportunities and plenty are the Starbucks coffee shop based in Seattle and the Costa coffee shop based in Dunstable in the United Kingdom.

The espresso bar or coffee house usually has the bean to cup machines which is known as to be automatic or a semiautomatic pump type machine which is a manually operated lever and a piston system.

At the coffee shops or houses customers often order at the bar and then consume their drinks by either sitting or standing.


However, whenever they sit down to be served they are often charged with a higher price.

It can be noted that in some coffee shops or coffee houses there is an additional charge for drinks.

Other coffee shops or coffee houses sell coffee paraphernalia like candy.

It can be observed that in some parts of North America, espresso bars and coffee houses or coffee shops were at the forefront of widespread adoption of public Wifi access points that provides Internet services to the People doing work on laptop computers on their premises.

The coffee house or coffee shop have a variety of drinks in Italy that includes biscotti , cannoli and pizzelle which are all traditional accompaniment to a caffe latte or cappuccino.

In other countries coffee houses or coffee shops sometimes offer alcoholic drinks such as grappa and sambuca.


However pastries such as scones, muffins and doughnuts are not added to the coffee or tea when served as breakfasts. Most coffee houses or coffee shops usually serve iced drinks which is popular in some countries.

Also workers in a coffee house or coffee shops are referred to as baristas.

There are coffee houses and coffee shops like the Cafe neon in Breda , Cafe Melange in Vienna,Cafe Kampela in Helsinki.

At other places it was observed that there are coffee houses and coffee shops in church in Utrecht.

Some coffee houses or coffee shops are noted as roadside cafe on the summer terrace in Buryatia.

The coffee house or coffee shop is usually a restaurant that mostly serves coffee and some other snacks.

It is observed that the first coffee house or coffee shop is believed to have been opened in the year 1660.

The first coffee house or coffee shop or Cafe is believed to have been opened in Belgrade, Serbia in 1522 as a Serbian coffee house.

Others look for some qualities in a coffee shop. Among them includes customer service that is how the coffee shop often handles customers request or complaints.

The coffee shop has other qualities such cleanliness due to this the coffee shop must be kept clean at all times.

Also the coffee houses or coffee shops

must have a serene atmosphere, it must not smell of bad odour.

Also inside the coffee house or coffee shop the ingredients for the beverage coffee must be of quality products.


However the coffee shop or coffee house must be a place of acceptability and convenience.

Other people and customers of coffee house or coffee shop often feel more comfortable and relaxed.

Coffee is one of the most popular

beverages in the world and it is an International commodity.

Most coffee shops have cheerful and brilliant lighting .Outside the coffee shops were tables at the corridor with umbrella blue vintage style umbrella.

They seek to sell the finest coffee from all over the world. Customers often visit the coffee shop to release stress stress. The rich aroma of coffee sold for breakfast was delectable.

Most Americans visit the coffee shop to drink a cup of Americano.

Coffee is noted in the coffee shop as a popular drink made from roasted beans of Coffee fruit. Coffee contains caffeine and chlorogenic acid.

Mostly the caffeine in coffee works by stimulating the central nervous system, heart and muscles.


FInally , I will like to conclude that in the coffee shop or coffee house whenever customers drink coffee it gives them immense benefit. Among them includes the fact that coffee helps to remove fatigue.

Customers who often drink coffee get to boost their immune systems.

Also some customers who drink coffee in coffee shops or coffee houses enhances their metabolic rate.


Lastly customers who tend to drink coffee from coffee shops or houses seek to lower the risk of diabetes.

Other customers also argue that drinking coffee from the coffee shop helps to fight depression and gives most customers and other staffs a calming effect.

September 17, 2023 03:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.