MONSTER EAGLE

Written in response to: Write a story told from the point of view of an animal.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Mystery

There in the deep of a pristine forest at the tall and high branches where giant Eagles live the Monster Eagle is their king. Monster Eagle is ferocious to protect his kingdom. Once he is perched on a tall giant tree and then use his two eyes like laser beams to find out if there are encroachers inside his kingdom. This very moment all around is quiet with the gentle breeze touching his eagle head moving side by side opening and closing his eyes to settle himself on his perch. Feeling secure of the silence around he felt no danger would come to his kingdom so he closed his eyes to have a little rest. But how can he rest if he heard yesterday from his giant eagles that an invasion was coming on the ground to occupy his kingdom. This is a first hand information from his trusted bodyguards and so early this morning he came out of his wooded residence and left there her Monster Eagle wife looking after their little one waiting for all the provisions to feed her young from their giant eagle guards. The wooded residence considered to be fit for a king like Monster Eagle is complete with all the amenities they need to live comfortably but this time Monster Eagle was really troubled about the news that folks from the other kingdom will come and invade his territory wondering why they can do that while they live high up in trees and animals on the ground cannot reach them. That is the trouble he has to face. Giant Dotted Eagle was hovering around where Monster Eagle has perched then landed just enough to hear what he is going to tell to Monster Eagle, bowing his head to show respect to his King Monster Eagle. He waited Giant Dotted Eagle to talk. "In the other kingdom where the giant bird like you who lives on the ground is King Turkey Gobbler who could only gobble and his Queen Turkey looks after their chicks. This time they are gathering to invade us, to occupy our land. That is the only thing I heard." he reported. Monster Eagle flap his wings to go home and see his wife and to plan how he could stop the invasion of King Turkey Gobble. He took out the map of his territory and studied the boundaries to put some guards. Guards high up in the air looking down to the invaders how can his guards stop them? Not one idea came up into his mind for they have no fatal weapons like guns and mortars but only their strong and long wings to go against the wind. However he sent his giant Eagle Guards to secure the borders of his territory. On the other hand King Turkey Gobble is really preparing to invade Monster Eagle territory being irritated why his kingdom is losing lots of their young turkeys and even turkey eggs were stolen or eaten up.. He sent his messengers to all his villages to make a count on how many are going to set a date when they will strike and attack Monster Eagle kingdom. His Gobble Guards were prepared to go to war as they have been on training to know the task of occupying Monster Eagle territory. With their own security detectors they were able to locate where the Giant Eagle Guards were located so they have to avoid the location of this checkpoints. If they were detected they will even lost their direction so their plan of invasion might be aborted. They set the time and date that it would take place after a full moon so everything will be in darkness . They had practice several times to follow the one ahead of them so no one will get lost. There only purpose is to be there to occupy Monster Eagle land having no weapons at all like their enemy. How will they fight each other? At one point King Turkey Gobble might have more guards than Monster Eagle as they only have a chick or two after they mate while King Gobble has more in numbers. He can call thousands to join him in the invasion while Monster Eagle might have only by the hundreds. So they waited for the full moon to hide and they set forth to occupy Monster Eagle territory. They created foot tracks to follow so they will not be side track. Early that morning as if nothing happened that night. It is the normal rising of the sun to spread light on Monster Eagle territory but what is noticeable were, tall and short grasses stems are broken and it is here where the turkeys were hidden not to be notice by Giant Monster Eagle guards. That was their plan. To take a rest after a long walk and run from their kingdom. They may eat grass for the meantime and look for insects after sometime. How long will they stay or be at war with Monster Eagle? They just want to occupy to show disagreement why Monster Eagle goes to their kingdom and snatch young turkeys becoming an easy prey or they eat their eggs. They can now tell they could share anything they want inside Monster Eagle territory eating anything they could find grains and fruits like that. They will survive in the wild catching insects or snails and clams along the riverbank. How could Monster Eagle drive them away when he is living on top of the trees? How can he provide food to his eaglets? Many do not know that eagles are carnivorous that they eat rodents reptiles and any animal in the wild with their strong bills and claws they can devour any animal that they want. That's why Monster Eagle is the King of the jungle. He can get whatever he wanted. This is the gruesome discovery of Monster Eagle when he learned that King Gobble has already occupied his territory when one of his Giant Eagle Guards brought one Gobble Turkey to him and he also learned they were numerous and they are all over his kingdom. Monster Eagle was outraged. He is now sharing his kingdom with someone and he tried to meet his Special Giant Guards those who would really follow his commands to eradicate the invading turkeys. All animals in the jungle were alerted that they must follow Monster Eagle order or anyone that will not faces a big penalty. Their herds or families will be eradicated maybe not all at once but will take a long time. Monster Eagle strategy is that if they will not follow his command, he will order his Special Giant Eagle Guards to kill one kind of animal at a time specially reptiles that if they snatch them on the ground and lift them to the air they can die right away after being dropped. His Special Giant Guards notified all the animals in the jungle to follow his order to help him drive away the King Turkey Gobble invaders. Monster Eagle knew this is the only way to cut the war short to drive them out of his kingdom. His Giant Monster Eagle Guards were ordered to set a date to drive the King Gobble Turkeys out from his kingdom asking animals on the ground to run after and let King Gobble turkeys out of the borders of his. territory so all animals on the ground are set to drive all turkeys away that day. When King Gobble Turkey heard about the plan of Monster Eagle through their friend Giant Ostrich he alerted his subjects to hide to save their lives maybe inside a cave or camouflage themselves within tall grasses but their enemy would be the other wild animals blaming them why they got into this trouble knowing the capability of King Monster Eagle. "Don"t miss any turkey when you see them, drive them away back to their territory." ordered Monster Eagle. He didn't know many turkeys left that night to save their lives, those who were left has to run for their lives but they could fly 40 feet high. Some villagers who saw turkeys running out from somewhere trapped them and that was the start of domesticating turkeys. King Turkey Gobble still lives in the wild and Monster Eagle maintained to be the King of the jungle defeating King Turkey Gobble.

December 11, 2022 20:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.