0 comments

Horror

My nephew was driving me.Searching for a house to buy in Nowshera,Pakitan,Nearby town to my village.He pointed towards a house" ,This house is old ,built by a multimillionaire,in fifties.It's abondoned since forty years.People came to settle but in few days they all found dead,since than nobody couraged to buy it" asked my nephew to see the house inside.He didn't agree to step him, I made him stop near the house.As I got near the gate,it compelled me to glance..Large antique rivetted.wrought iron double gate with a semi work open work designed.Featured fold motifs ,flowers,letter slots,volutes and open circles.When I saw such glamorous large opening, quest aroused to see the whole structure.house depicted a royal look,elegant and most interesting it kept in a way that nobody could think or remarked it an abundant mansion.All stone and wooden structured.The stones crafted walls and the columns piled artistically as it's grown from the ground.Windows seemed smiley like a shy eye..to welcome the Ray of Sun.All tall glasses windows to click easy the beautiful low edge mountains. Mansion in a sense,it had a area of about ten kanals,swimming pool,bar for parties,and the rooms were all carpeted wall to wall."Why they dubbed it a solo mansion,Everything is maintained ,the furniture are well tapester,even there are no cobwebs around".I thought it for a while.Worth Interesting ,the 1434 era styled"Sunburst "mirror frames presenting European look, still shining fresh.I stepped in the garden."Who says it's a deserted homestead"?The garden is tidy,properly trimmed,the trees and plants are pruned,as it being look after by a professional gardener even the fence were painted white and green.Sir,good afternoon"I immediately turned back and saw an old man held some tools .A thin postured and wearing a beard "Good morning,I greeted him."Sir in this long fifty years,I saw a human in the vacinity".He said in a low voice.He continued pruning,"kaka"(respected word) why this mansion is lying vacant"I asked him."Dear,don't ask this question,this home,you calls it mansion,I would call it ominous,swallowed so many lives,"He expressed it in a distressed manner."But this mansion is well kept,who is the care taker"?I abruptly threw a question."Aunty Samina,an old lady of Eighty five".He replied pruning the leaves."I'm the only attendant here.Jan Khan,father of Aunty Samina,allotted me a land to plough for my living,but now inflation perking up and difficult to prolong but my son is a Government servant,he helps me."kaka explained.I handed him a little amount as a tip and took a stride."By the way,shall I meet Aunty Samina"I asked kaka."She rearly comes,she came last week for a little time,I would give her contact number to you".Kaka said."Oh that's great,where does she live?I took the contact number of her and asked smartly."She seldom meet anyone,private sort of a person,if you meet her bychance,that's your luck".kaka,appeared more smarter than me.I took the number , dialed it but no response.For three days I tried her number,but in vain.One evening I was just thinking about that mansion.Suddenly,I stood up and drove towards the mansion.Mansion distenned in an hour drive.Stopped the car inside the mansion.Nobody was at the gate."ghope dark ,the mansion cupping like a ghost house.I litup a torch.Light of the torch glimpsed me a big door,wood bailed entrance. As I entered, intended to see the rooms upstairs, It was a long ascending,I felt somebody coming after me.I didn't pay heed more and swiftly turned,saw a lady in white gown holding a big fire lamp.I shocked,not expecting somebody..I chocked for a while.She came near to my face,"Why did you come in ?Her voice heard gruffing in my ears."You know this is a ghost house,nobody lives here since ages,I think you abhore your self"She stated in a whispered tone.Now I understood that she is a spirit,lives here and the stories about this mansion are not gossiping.I jumped down the stairs and opened the door.I heard "Tariq,listen to me,stop."Madly ran towards my car,drove insanely towards the gate and luckily I got out.The whole way,I didn't know how I drove and reached my house.Clock stricken eleven.headed straight to my room.Nahid,my wife,reading a novel. Went to bed.My whole body was shaking but I hid from Nahid,about the incident happened to me this evening.I didn't utter a single word and turned my side,Nahid thought tired about me and wanted to sleep.The whole night I couldn't sleep."How,come she knew my name?,she didn't fall my age group!She was a devil, a vamp,a whore. Next morning fever cought me.Doctor visited and advised me a complete rest for a week.In a week's span I became stable."Why did you scare that night?Nahid,politely asked.I told her the whole incident."Aunty Samina's father happened my father's first cousin.They had severe animity,that's why our relationship didn't exceed further."Nahid revealed me for the first time."Now I will go with you to that mansion,find out the truth."Nahid said it entire concerned."No,it's impossible,that place is perilous,I think the reconnaissance stories has affected you,don't read such novels".I said in a little annoying gesture."No,we would definitely go tomorrow "she said in a deterrent .Next day, I head to a local bank,as sitting with manager,disscussing a scheme,as I looked back,a lady in a white Saree entered the bank..As she came closer,i recognised her,she appeared that night lady."Oh my God" appeared from my mouth."Manager,who is that lady in white Saree.?"I asked the manager but he also denied knowing her.I told Nahid about the appearance of that lady in the bank."Now,we would go to that mansion."Nahid showed her severe determination .At six,we drove towards the mansion.we got inside the house as usual it was open.Nahid, stood bold than me.we lit the torch,and started roaming the whole mansion inside.In the meantime,saw somebody coming towards us, with carrying a candle light.we both became tight and nervous.That candle light snailing towards us.Nahid threw a torch light on that side.Appeared the same lady,with whom I stucked that night and in the bank."Aunty Samina ,said "Nahid is this you."?That lady said in a timid voice. Nahid and that old lady both embraced each other."Meet my husband,Tariq".Nahid introduced me to Aunty Samina."yes,I know him"Aunty Samina replied smiley."How do you know me"I impatiently asked."I watched your wedding clips and movie,It's quite a long time been but I remember your face".Today we are here to know what is all this rumors about this mansion,folks infatuate to hear about this mansion"Nahid asked..Aunty Samina smiled and said "You know Nahid,my whole family plunged into a riverane ,near Swat Valley,I'm the solo survival.Impossible for me look after this large homstead alone.So many times guesstimation took place. Intentions were great to hand over this mansion to my grandson,Ally Khan,who is serving in Merchant Navy,I'm now an old lady,don't know when depart,so I played this rumor trick and it's worked"Aunty samina comprehensive narrated the whole story to us.

July 27, 2022 15:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.