The Path to Passive Teenage World Domination

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Set your story at a party that has gone horribly wrong.... view prompt

28 comments

Teens & Young Adult Speculative Coming of Age

“This party has gone horribly wrong!” Carrie said.

“Gee, you think?” Audrey replied.

Tuna, eggs, butter, and other food items were scattered all over the house. Vomit delightfully ran down the walls and was in clusters on the beige carpet which Carrie will never get the stains out. A couple of beer bottles lodged themselves in the fifty-five-inch plasma screen TV and the toaster was stuck to the ceiling.

“Well, do something!” Carrie urged as a couple boys knocked the other vase off the cabinet.

“What do you want me to do?” Audrey asked.

“Anything!”

Audry put both index fingers in her mouth and let out an ear-splitting whistle.

The room became quiet.

“Now, for the billionth time, the party's over! Get the hell out of Carrie’s house!"

“You get out!” a boy with long black hair said and threw a beer bottle at her. She yelped and ducked. SMASH! The bottle broke as it hit the wall.

“Hey, you almost took my head off!”

“I don’t give a bloody fuck!"

“You aren’t British."

“Yeah, well, bite my ass!”

“I’ll call the police.”

“Like Hell you will! GET HER!” he shouted and everyone charged at her.

“AAAAAHHHH!” she shrieked and ran with Carrie toward the front door.

Joan jumped in front of them. “I gotcha!” The blond girl swayed a little and grabbed for Carrie and Audry.

Carrie screamed and stepped on her foot.

“YAAAAAIIII! YOU BITCH!”

The two ran to the door and Carrie opened it.

Another girl grabbed Audry's ankle and yanked her.

“AUDREY!" Carrie shrieked and reached for her. The girl pulled Audrey away. “Hey!” Carrie exclaimed and the girl kicked her down.

“Carrie, Audry’s gonna party with us, and you can eat a pile of dog shit,” Irene said and flipped her off. The crowd cheered and pulled Audry in.

Carrie got up and ran towards the door.

“Buh-bye!” Irene closed the door.

“Please let me in!” Carrie tugged the knob then pounded on the door. “Assholes!” She ran around the back and up to the door.

“Uh-uh ah!” a chubby boy said, shaking his finger and turned the lock.

“Dammit!” Carrie hit the door.

“Temper-temper...”

 “Let me in, you jerk!”

“Not by the hair on my chinny chin-chin!”

“Fine, I’m calling the police!” She reached in her pocket and felt the rough fabric. “Oh, yeah, it's in the house! Shit!”

“Ha-ha!”

“Shut up!”

“It's chug time!” a black-haired adolescent announced, holding a funnel up.

Everyone in the room cheered as a girl wearing a pink shirt with a panda on it shoved Audrey in a chair and held her. A boy held her nose until she gasped for breath then Irene stuck the tube in her mouth.

“She's gonna get CRRRRRUUUUUNNNNNKED!” the chubby boy said.

“CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!” everyone chanted as Irene held the tube. Audrey gagged then swallowed.

“CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!”

Audrey drained the kegger and they cheered.

Irene pulled the tube out. “How's that?”

Audrey swayed. “You want to party?... Let's party! WHOO!”

“YEEEEAAAHHH!”

“Those assholes!” Carrie yelled and hit the door.

“STRIP! STRIP! STRIP!”

“No! I don’t wanna!”

“STRIP! STRIP! STRIP!"

“OK, if you insist...” Audrey pulled her skirt off.

“NOOOO!” Carrie screamed as whistling echoed.

“Here goes my shirt!” She tossed it in the air.

Irene unhooked Audrey's bra and took it off. “There! I helped! Now, finish!”

“GO AUDREY! GO AUDREY!”

“OK, here I go!” She took her underwear off as the morons cheered. 

“Audrey, no!” Carrie said in a weak voice.

“What hic— now?”

Carrie banged on the window.

“Quiet you!” snarled a brown-haired girl.

Then, thick grey smoke appeared in the middle of the room.

“Hey!"

“What’s going on?”

Frightened chatter filled the room as the smoke floated around. Then, it vanished and a blue creature with yellow horns appeared in its place.

Everyone screamed.

“SILENCE!” The creature shouted and kicked his red hoof, his narrow eyes beaming at them.

The room quieted.

His black lips formed a smile, revealing pointy yellow teeth. “My name is Zexado. I’m a demon. I came to have some fun!” He looked around at the horror on the teenagers’ faces. “Ooh, who do we have here?” With his blue, freckled finger, he pointed at Audrey.

“Stand back! I know – HIC - karate!” She raised her fists while swaying. Although she was scared shitless!

The blue creature laughed. “You seem fun!” He waved his hand in a circle and became a little red light and flew into Audrey’s belly button.

“AUDREY!” screamed Carrie.

Gold flashed into Audrey’s eyes.

“That’s more like it!” Zexado said in her voice. “Now—"

Carrie pounded on the door.

Through Zexado’s control, Audrey turned her head. “Who’s this?” She jerked her hand and the slide-in door floated back.

“Let my friend go!”

“Not a chance!” Audrey whipped her hand out and Carrie flew back to the couch. “I think I’m gonna go test this body out. See you!” Audrey’s body threw her hands out to open the front door then walked out.

She dashed across the lawn then walked into the street.

“Hey! What the hell are you doing?” Mr. Karl demanded, carrying a large trash bag out.

“Takin’ a walk."

“Where are your clothes?”

“Up your ass!” she replied and walked on. A yellow VW honked as they drove by. A white cat ran in the street.

“Hmm, you look like you might be useful.” Audrey pointed to the cat. Green light spurted out her finger and hit the cat. In the next second, the cat became a tiger.

HHHHHHRRRROOOOOWWWWRRRR!

Audrey pet its chest. “Good girl! Get down!” The tiger laid down in the street. She climbed on its back. “Good girl!”

The tiger stood.

“Now, go!”

The tiger dashed off.


“I’m gonna find Audrey and bring her back," Carrie said, heading out the door.

“But that thing—"

”I DON’T CARE! I'm going!" Carrie interrupted Irene.

“Don't you think you oughta call the police?”

Carrie opened her mouth to reply, but a roar blared outside.

“The Hell?” She ran out. She saw nothing. “AUDREY!” She cupped her hands over her mouth. She rushed to her car. “Aw, shit!” She realized it was blocked by a red Chevy and a blue Hyundai, so she ran back in. "Hey, whoever blocked my car, move it.”

The chubby boy rushed to his truck as Carrie got back in hers. Once he moved it, she drove off.


The tiger dashed into the business district as warm night air blew through Audrey’s face. Cars honked behind.

Audrey stood up on the tiger. “Eat this!” She shook her white butt.

HEH HEH HEH! the demon thought as drivers yelled out the window.

Please, let me go!

"But, I'm having too much fun in your body!" Zexado replied.

The tiger ran through traffic lights, causing cars to crash into each other.

“Oops, did I do that?” Zexado made Carrie say.

Sirens wailed.

“Just try and get me!” She laughed as police cars chased her.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

“Whatever you doing, stop and pull over."

Through Zexado’s control, Audrey turned her head all the way around. “Like Hell, I will!” She spat green gunk on the windshield.

SCREECH! The police car swerved and… BAM! Crashed into a Prius.

“The police always make me sick!” Audry said as the tiger passed an Exxon.

Please, I don’t know where I am! It's dark! I know you're controlling me!

The tiger ran several more blocks until the graveyard came into view.

“Make a left, big guy,” Audrey told the tiger and it turned into the graveyard. “Stop!” The tiger obeyed and Audrey jumped down. She petted the tiger and it turned back into the cat.

Audrey walked in the middle of the graveyard and stopped.

“Rise! Rise up, my friends!”

A blue hand popped up from a grave. The head rose next, revealing to be a birdlike creature with a beak as long as an office lamp. One eye was bright green and the other, purple.

“Hello, Mokopai, did you have a good sleep over the past millennia?”

“Yep, slept like a baby… Why did

you possess a girl? And why is she nude?”

“She was intoxicated and already naked at a party, so it was easy to take over her.”

“Ah.” the bird creature said and picked his feathers with his beak.

“I had fun with her on the way over."

“Good! Good! So, when do we take over mankind?”

“Now! My fine feathered friend!”

Zexado flew out of Audrey and materialized into his demon body.”

“What? Who? where?

“Audrey, I possess your body to bring you to this graveyard.”

“MONSTERS!” she screamed and looked down. “AAAAHHH! Those jerks!”

“You're mad I see."

“Yeah.”

“Why not take over the world? You can get back at them all you want.”

“Oh, no thanks. I’m just going

back home And—“

“you could do anything u want

“Anything?

“Yes."

“Hmm… Anything, I want, huh?” She scratched her head. “OK, I’ll rule the world.”

“Excellent! Now, first, let's get you clothed.”

“Wait, I’m going to rule the world, right?”

“Yes."

“And I can do anything I want?”

“Yes."

She felt the warm breeze on her body. The air rushed between her legs. Her bare stomach felt free. She felt invigorated. “I wanna stay naked.”

“And rule the world?”

“Yeah, why not?”

“Cool!” With a clap of his hands, a studio camera appeared.

“Wait, what are you doing?"

“Broadcasting your announcement to the world."

“Now?”

“Yes. You ready?”

Audrey thought for a moment.

Billions of people were about to see her. Should she cover up, first? This was

freaking insane! She probably would be tossed in juvie for the rest of her life! On the other hand, it is good to be truthful, right off the bat.

“Promise you will keep me from getting arrested?”

“Yes. I promise."

“And… possibly help with my political career."

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I was thinking you be my advisor."

“Of course I will!"

Audry knew she was playing with fire, making deals with a demon, but she knew she couldn’t do this alone.”Then, welcome aboard, my advisor!”

“Thank you!, It will be my honor!”

“Hey, we're going to Jamaica to prepare for her takeover,” Mokopai said and a colorful shirt with lions and three-leaf plants appeared on him.

“Alright!”

“Why are they going to Jamaica?"

"To party. You ready to be watched by billions?”

“Wait, you're gonna broadcast me with that one camera?”

“Yes."

“How?"

“It’s magic."

“Oh!” Audrey took a deep breath. “Let's do this.”

“And, you're on.. in three… two…”

He pointed at her.


Carrie followed the chaotic aftermath left behind. Jesus, what did that blue bastard do? She switched the radio on.

“People of the world, my name is Audrey Applegate and I’m your new ruler…”

“WHAT?!” Carrie blurted out and slammed the brakes. Horns honked as she turned the volume up.

“I promise to bring peace to our planet and end all wars. I will end discrimination and proverty…”

“Is this a joke?” a mom asked,

standing up in her living room.

“Hey, come here, there's a naked chick on TV declaring she's the leader of the world!”

“…And work together to end pollution and waste.”

"Mr. President, you need to see this.” The Chief of Staff walked in, holding a tablet up.

“What in the Malarky...?”

“…If we all come together, we will build a better future for generations to come. Thank you.”

“And… clear!`”

“How did I do?”

“Great!”

“What’s next?”

Zexado opened his mouth to reply, but Carrie’s car zoomed and turned. She parked next to the curb and hopped out.

“Audrey, what's the meaning of this?” Carrie ran to her.

“I want to become the leader of the world.”

“You're naked… and a teen. Don’t you think the FBI will come for you?”

“Chill out, I got everything covered," Zexado said.

“Audrey, why are you doing this?”

“I want to make the world better. Besides, he told me I could do anything I want.”

“You believe in a freaky creature who possessed you?"

Audry said nothing.

“Come with me." Carrie yanked her arm.

Audrey pulled away. “No, I will become the leader of the world with or without you!”

“Audrey, please!”

“No! If you won't help, then GO AWAY!"

“Fine! Do whatever you want! Don’t come crying to me when you're in a jail cell screaming for help!” Tears ran down her face as she ran back to her car and drove away.

“Are you OK?” Zexado asked.

“Yes. I didn't need her anyway."

A black SUV parked next to the curb and shut off. A woman and a man stepped out.

“Audrey Applegate, FBI.” They held their badges up. "You best come with us.”

“I know I broke a few laws, but I am world leader now, and if you would give me a chance, I will—“

“Save it." The man held up his hand.

“She is World Ruler,” Zexado said.


The next two months were the hardest of Audrey’s life. She had to fly all around the world, negotiating with leaders to step down while fighting for the right to be nude. Her parents grounded her as soon as she came home that night she declared to be Ruler of the World, but finally, she convinced them.

Audrey donated her T-shirts, shorts, swimsuits, and sandals to goodwill and kept her warmer clothes. She wasn’t going to be nude in the cold. she wasn’t that crazy.

She promised her teachers she will continue her education, although she was not sure how she would squeeze all her online classes into her busy political schedule.

Audrey already was way ahead in political science and history, so she had the knowledge and great judgment to be a leader.


“Well, it's been a crazy couple of months for the whole world! Lots of discussions, arguments were tossed all around. Many threatened war. But, we all came together as a planet!” The news anchor cleared her throat. “We still have a lot of work to do and we need someone passionate and intelligent to help us.”

Audrey smiled proudly sitting behind the podium in her birthday suit. She wore bright red lipstick and eyeshadow. She chopped her hair up to her shoulders

“So, without further ado, I'm happy to announce that Audrey Melisssa Turner as Leader of the World!”

Claps filled the room as Audrey walked up to the podium. The room silenced.

“Thank you, everyone! We are all equal and unique; African American, Asian, Latino, Caucasian, etcetera. We must always treat each other with kindness and respect. I didn’t get here today without you. I know there are still many issues in the world, but we must not give up. I realize I have way too much on my plate, but I’ll take it on day by day. So, we live in a better world. Thank you!”

Claps filled the room as Audry smiled. This was her calling in life. Her life has changed…

And I will change the world for the better! she thought.

May 14, 2021 02:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

28 comments

Zelda C. Thorne
07:32 May 21, 2021

Hi Charlie, this was a really imaginative story! Completely ridiculous, but I think that was intended. Nice one. Keep writing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Williwaw Puleon
09:12 May 18, 2021

I like the development of the story. Indeed, well crafted and a job well done for you because you amaze me in how you set your characters and the setting of the story. I really struggle in that art. I can't move on in the plot. Love it! #Pizzazz

Reply

Charlie Murphy
16:12 May 19, 2021

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Charlie Murphy
00:24 May 24, 2021

I submitted a sequel.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Charlie Murphy
00:24 May 24, 2021

I submitted a sequel.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Marianna Mills
23:48 May 20, 2021

"Vomit delightfully ran down the walls", giving that some pretty decent life and animation, I could almost smell it. A little much on the dialogue tags, but wow, strong characters, bold subject matter, definately an interesting read, naked teenager running the world, that would be a lot to comprehend, a good read.

Reply

Charlie Murphy
00:01 May 21, 2021

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
E.C. Nickelson
13:46 May 18, 2021

Hmmmm.....An interesting read for sure, Darling. The first story I've read this morning. I'm not too terribly sure I'd want a naked teenager as world leader, but this was definitely different and unique.

Reply

Charlie Murphy
15:19 May 18, 2021

Thank you. What parts did you like?

Reply

E.C. Nickelson
15:28 May 18, 2021

"Frightened chatter filled the room as the smoke floated around. Then, it vanished and a blue creature with yellow horns appeared in its place. Everyone screamed. “SILENCE!” The creature shouted and kicked his red hoof, his narrow eyes beaming at them. The room quieted." --Definitely, the part where the demon showed up. It's amazing how, even in stories, these creatures have such a profound effect on humans whether it's sheer terror or awe. A black SUV parked next to the curb and shut off. A woman and a man stepped out. “Audrey Applegate, ...

Reply

Charlie Murphy
16:06 May 18, 2021

Thank you. I was nervous because I didn't know how Reedsy would react, but they approved it. I wrote another story with nudity and that got approved, but it wasn't as crazy as this one.

Reply

E.C. Nickelson
17:25 May 18, 2021

I'll definitely check that one out. lol

Reply

Charlie Murphy
17:33 May 18, 2021

It's called, "The Wrong Date."

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Charlie Murphy
15:19 May 18, 2021

Thank you. What parts did you like?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
04:26 Jun 17, 2021

Ah, this feels like watching cartoons! Good job, Charlie :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:28 May 18, 2021

Present tense verbs, not POV. Example: This party has gone horribly wrong!” Carrie says. “Gee, you think?” Audrey replies.

Reply

Charlie Murphy
01:36 May 18, 2021

OK, thank you. Will you read it again if I change it?

Reply

02:10 May 18, 2021

Sure! Tinker with the ending a bit. Lighten it up.

Reply

Charlie Murphy
02:54 May 18, 2021

What do you mean? And it will have to be tomorrow before I can post my revision. EDIT: my story was approved, so I can't edit.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:08 May 18, 2021

This is quite a ride. Madcap and zany...the ending seems a bit heavy compared to the light tone of the rest of it. Proofread closely: Audrey stood up on the ttiger Also, you may want to consider changing the verbs to present tense to keep the action moving.

Reply

Charlie Murphy
01:23 May 18, 2021

ALL the verbs in third person narration?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cliff McElrea
07:56 May 16, 2021

Wow! Charlie, you always have such imaginative stories! Keep up the creative writing.

Reply

Charlie Murphy
16:19 May 16, 2021

Cliff, Thank you! Can you give morefeedback?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Michael McGee
02:55 May 16, 2021

Just the food present says "this party failed before it even started."

Reply

Charlie Murphy
02:59 May 16, 2021

What did you think?

Reply

Michael McGee
03:02 May 16, 2021

I thought it was an interesting read. The opening where people were vomiting the various food they had consumed was enough to tell me what was served at the party. Or is that supposed to be breakfast from the next morning?

Reply

Charlie Murphy
03:10 May 16, 2021

It's your interpretation. What about the rest of the story?

Reply

Michael McGee
15:25 May 18, 2021

The rest of it was good. I enjoyed the read.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.