0 comments

Fantasy

Thoughts of her hovered over him as he lay in the bed of Lilac petals had him feeling nostalgic. He wondered if she would be there. Armen knew love like theirs would always be. But since their tragic separation, he was beginning to doubt everything about them. She said she would love him a lifetime, but for their kind that could be anytime.

"You need to grow up, Armen." Her harmonic tone tickled all over when he recalled her sound. "Although I do fear that you will. I know we were destined by the Flowerian God's to be a part of one another's destiny. I have been watching you, feeling you change. You can't keep fighting it for the fear that we will not be. Let the love you feel for me transform into sweet goodbyes." She was mature now. Eva's destiny was at full bloom. She was ready and Armen was not. He wanted to live life in full bloom but that was not possible. His aura darkened even more.

All Armen could think about was Eva admitting she'd been watching him. He shied away from her. "Watching me? When? What did you see?" He was embarrassed. His shade darkened and his aura set off waves of insecurities. He was in a constant battle with himself all the time. It stunted his maturity. And if caused a tragic event that caused Eva to leave. He needed to change. He needed to enjoy the moment.

Armen's nose wrinkled and his lip rose with a slight curl. He hugged his teacup tightly peeking just above the rim. He felt uneasy about Eva knowing what he did in privacy.

"Did you see...?"

Eva could recall the memory in question. Her first thought was to not admit to anything. She looked away blushing.

"Did you?"

A breeze brushed down his forehead, swooped down the bridge of his nose, slightly kissed his lips, swirled around his chin and back up again, swooshing his mane wildly and back down to his chin again. He knew she was nodding her head with force. "Ughhh! I always wondered if you were here. I guess now I know." Hiding his face in the cup of tea he mumbled his frustrations. "Don't ever..."

As soon as sound shrilled from his mouth. He felt a sting to the arm. "Hey! That hurt." He looked down and a reddish patch was forming. He knew that their Teatime was not going to be what he imagined. To think that he would be meeting with an old friend after all this time, even after she's been gone for years now was a bit strange. When he received a note written in the dew in elegant cursive writing he had to be there. Tea for Two? He had to be with her again; smell her sweet scent again. Laugh. Yes, he knew he missed doing that. Something so simple that most took for granted was needed so desperately. Shades of light were dimming. His being was slowly stripping from his inner self.

Armen refocused on making their surroundings something unforgettable. He needed this memory to stay with them both. He gathered all of her favorites. Raspberries warmed by the sun and lightly pollened blueberries. Armen knew she would be pleased. He hoped enough to stay this time. It was the most elegant setting he could come up with on such short notice. He'd do anything to satisfy Eva. If only.

Armen couldn't stop thinking about her always watching him. When? If she saw me then, that would mean she saw me...when I... and when I...

She brushed up against Armen sharing her light with him. No sound was shared but he heard her loud and clear. Her contact sent rushes of fluorescent blues and greens through him.

Armen avoided looking into her misty lavender eyes for the fear that she would see the colors changing in his own eyes. It was a dead giveaway that his emotions were all over the place. It would prove he was immature and untrained. Concentrating on the particles floating in his tea, Armen noticed that Eva disappeared. Just like that, she was gone again.

Hadn’t she noticed her parent’s silk strung tablecloth? The lightning bugs huddled above them in the shape of a heart. That took great concentration on their part. It took a village to set this tea date up. “Thank you guys, I appreciate it.”

It was dimly lit with just the sounds of mother’s creatures. He wondered why Eva left so abruptly. She was never like that. Unpredictable. But deep down he knew the answer. "Grow up! NOW Armen!"

"But what if I do and you don't come back?"

He held the teacup closer. He took one long sip. then he took another. So many feelings were brewing in him, but what made him smile were no regrets. He felt that it would not be the last time. He knew Eva loved him with her every being. The more he smiled, the more he beamed. His wings sprouted. His faith in destiny and in Mother strengthened. He believed it to be so. There was no way Mother would allow his light to go out completely. "I will! No Eva, for me I am, for you, I will. For you I am! He shut out the world and focused on what he was gifted with not what he wasn't. His thoughts went back to being all Eva needed him to be. His light grew, as did his love for her.

Dull grays fluttered into sparkling silvers, browns into glittery golds. The more he gave in to his love for her the larger his wings grew. He was now in full bloom. Flowerian resin created a beautiful whirlwind and Armen began thinking that his time with Eva was supposed to be, set forth by Mother. Tea time came right on time. His cycle was complete. That morning a message was left in the dew. You bring the Tea!



March 12, 2020 09:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.