0 comments

Fantasy Crime Adventure

It was a normal day, or so I thought it was. I had woken up, feeling a bit squeezy. I had pushed the feeling aside thinking it was nothing. Everything changed though when I looked in the mirror. I screamed and fell to the floor. No this can't be happening, not to me. I must be dreaming. How was it possible, that I looked like a completely different person. I mean, my clothes were different, my body was shaped differently, and I wasn't in my room. I must be in someone else's body. The realization of it all hit me like a bullet. If I was in this guy's body, then he must be in mine. I need to find out how this happened and whether I can fix this. I wondered what I would do if someone confronted me. As I was pondering this thought the door flew open.

"Hey, John you ready? You normally don't sleep in this late."

"I, I, Ready for what?"

"Ready for the big day, remember? We've been planning this for the past month. I don't care if you're nervous, the boss will kill us anyway if we back out."

"Kill, Kill us?"

"Yeah, Why are you so skittish all of a sudden. Yesterday you were so excited to do this."

"Yeah, Yeah let's go," I said quickly so that this conversation wouldn't go on forever and so he wouldn't get more suspicious. This man's body, what if is a criminal. What if I'm stuck in a criminal's body! I thought with my panic mounting. If I got arrested, oh no, Oh No No No No NO! This can't be happening. What if the criminal is in my body and murders my whole family. I could be arrested for something I didn't do. This is terrible, what am I going to do! My thoughts were racing everywhere, I didn't know what to do or what to think of it. My brother, all the times I fought with him over stupid things. What if he got killed and I never said sorry? This is horrifying and I can't do anything about it.

"JOHN COME ON! WE'RE LEAVING!"

"Ok, Coming!" I yelled back. I Better go, or he'll get suspicious of me. Oh No, I can't believe I'm doing this.

One Car Drive Later

"JOHN, WAKE UP YOU IDIOT! We Don't have much time!" I slowly opened my eyes, blinking to adjust to the light. Where am I? Oh Right, I'm in this other guy's body.

"Wake up, Wake up, Wake up! Oh, we're going to get killed for this. JOHN!"

"Ok, ok, I'm getting up."

"This isn't the time for naps, we have to get the money."

"Get the what?"

"The money that boss needs for the new base, Come on." Oh Yeah I forgot, I'm in a convict's body.


(This is only the beginning of the story, I'm going to edit it and finish it. Let me know what you think about this part in the comments. If you want to find out what happens you can follow me or something. Tell me in the comments if there is something that could be changed or something that makes no sense. I could use a little help.)


May 13, 2022 00:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.