0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Suspense

"By the time I stepped outside, the leaves were on fire and so was my life!" Casey remembered.

"I can remember thinking that my life was one big train wreck and I needed it to end fast and painlessly." She added.

"Casey, you keep speaking of this fire and leaves but you never finish the story?" Dr. Trent asked.

"No, no, please don't make me go back to that second, that minute, that hour, that day, that month, that year!" She begged. "I-I just can't feel that anymore! She said staring into blank space.

"I know it must be painful for you to go back there but you have to go back if you want my help!" Dr. Trent insisted. "I have been seeing you for 6 months and we have not had any breakthroughs and you refuse hypnosis!" "I want to help........ HELL I NEED TO HELP YOU, but you have to meet me halfway!" He added agitated.

"Come to me as the heat rises under your feet!" "Come to me let the heat consume your body!" "Come to me my child, I am waiting!" "Come find rest and peace as the leaves crackle in your ears!" "Come just come, it is safe here, it is warm here!" Casey began to recite.

"What are you saying Casey, this is the second time you did this since we started?" "Is someone talking to you, is someone trying to get you to follow them?" Dr. Trent asked moving closer to Casey who was stone-faced and clearly not there!

"Come to me as the heat rises under your feet!" "Come to me let the heat consume your body!" "Come to me my child, I am waiting!" "Come find rest and peace as the leaves crackle in your ears!" "Come just come, it is safe here, it is warm here!" Casey said

"Okay, Casey I really need you to focus on me!" "I am not sure what is happening here but you need to come back here and tell me what is going on!" Dr. Trent ordered shockingly.

Dr. Trent was know as the Doctor for the people. Everyone who has ever been a patient of his came out better or at least had options for a normal life. Dr. Trent was the one that everyone wanted to have in their life. He took Casey on after everyone threw her away, no one believed she was sick, they believe she was POSSESSED! He decided that against his better judgement he would give it a try! Treating Casey proved to be the challenge that he truly needed, she was full of mystery and this thing that had a hold on her was intriguing!

He moved in closer to her and noticed that the area around her had began to smell of smoke and it was very warm! The bad thing is that it was 98 degrees outside and his central air was on full blast. He noticed as he got to her face she never looked at him and her face was to hot to even touch!

"Come to me as the heat rises under your feet!" "Come to me let the heat consume your body!" "Come to me my child, I am waiting!" "Come find rest and peace as the leaves crackle in your ears!" "Come just come, it is safe here, it is warm here!" Casey yelled.

"Casey, Casey....... I need you to snap back!" Dr. Trent snapped. "Listen to my voice and move towards it! He commanded.

Just then things for Dr. Trent turned from bad to worse! That figure, that thing had consumed Casey and it was looking to add Dr. Trent to the list of victims!

"Who is this Casey you speak of Allen Trent?" It replied. "Ho- how do you know my name?" He asked spooked. "You humor me, acting as if you have no clue what is happening here!" "You see Casey was down on her luck, three years ago and she found the hot hole!" "It is not easy to find the hot hole but when they do it was meant to be" "She followed the crackle of the Autumn leaves!"

"But, I didn't follow the leaves, how am I here with you right now?" "Where is she now?" "I need to see her right now, let me know that she is okay!" Dr. Trent ordered.

The heat that illuminated from the beings laugh nearly burnt his face off! With every passing moment Casey became more and more consumed and the HOT HOLE BEING got hotter and hotter!

"She came to me and she wanted a new start, I promised her the comfort of the Hole." "It is safe and warm here!" "You will never have to face this world again!" HOT HOLE BEING fired off.

"I love my life, I don't want to leave this world!" "I never asked for this I just wanted to help Casey!" "Please just leave and let me be!" "I will do whatever you want me to do!" "I just want my life the way it is now!!!" Dr. Trent begged.

"YOU DON'T GET TO LEAVE THE HOLE!" "YOU WERE PROMISED TO US AND WE ARE HERE TO COLLECT!" "CASEY CAME TO US AND WE TOOK IN BUT SHE HAD TO BRING SOMEONE ALONG!" "YOU ARE HER BEST FRIEND AND YOU ARE NOW APART OF THE HOT HOLE!" THE BEING LAUGHED.

"NO, NO, NOOOOOO! PLEASE, IT IS SO HOT HERE!" Dr. Trent cried.

The process was fast and Dr. Trent found himself surrounded by warmth and an unfamiliar Peace! It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. He began to look around and he realized that he was literally in a hot hole that never burned out! And those in it never got burned! It was amazing seeing people walk around with the colors of red and orange surrounding their bodies. It was a paradise that was unknown but familiar. It was like he had been their before! Just as he decided that this was going to be his new normal, this was going to be his new life, yet another change and jolt took place!

"Dr. Trent.......Dr. Trent........ wake up!" Casey begged shaking him. "Please come back here, I need you to be my help, please!" Casey cried.

"Casey, is that you?" "I thought you were here, with me!" Dr. Trent said. "Casey, what is happening here?" "Where are you?" Dr. Trent called out from the Hole. "The Hot Hole told me that traded me, said I was your best friend!" Dr. Trent yelled. "Casey, I am happy to know that but I love my life, I cant trade with you, but I can't leave either!" "It is so strong here, nobody is pressuring me, nobody is nagging me it is truly warm but, what about my life there, help me please!" Dr. Trent begged.

"Dr. Trent, I am so sorry but the only way you can come back is to step outside and walk on the leaves that are on fire!" Casey said. "What are you talking about, Casey?" "What leaves are you talking about?" He asked.

"I am so thankful for you Dr. Trent, I know you will find someone to trade with." "I have so much work to do out here!" "Others need to find the Hole, I need to grow the HOLE FAMILY!" You will be fine Dr. Trent, I have all confidence in you." Casey said as she walked out the door.

"How was your day?" Casey's mom asked. "WELL, BY THE TIME I STEPPED OUTSIDE, THE LEAVES WERE ON FIRE!!!

THEY LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND BURST INTO LAUGHTER!

October 16, 2020 23:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.