0 comments

Romance Historical Fiction Drama



After four full months of careful planning and diligent preparation, the Apple Festival of the city of Georgia has finally begun and it will be a fun day and as the son of the owner of the most important pastry shop in the city we are on the foot and leg to finish the preparations and it is baking all the apple pies that will.


The festival is very large, I see it is bigger than last year, there are more than 300 vendors and exhibitions and includes stalls selling candles, handicrafts, wood, and food items and exhibitions of metal and glassworks. Fried and baked apple pies and other apple recipes are also the faces of the festival in Georgia.


On the day of the holiday is all dedicated to the competition for the best apple pie and you find a lot and a lot of stalls and you have to be careful not to mix your shop with another and put and display your goods in it instead of your store at your stalls must be distinguished from others as a sign.


Everything was going well and ready for the show for Lucas 'father to call out," Lucas, Lucas, is it already, son?"

"Yes, dad things are fine" Lucas's father was very worried.


He desperately wants to win this year over his rival, Mr. Sharma.


Lucas, a boy at the young age of 23, blond hair, green eyes, and light brown hair. average height and worked as a director for sugar and flavoring specialized in making sweets and all kinds of bread, which is owned by his father, but retired after fats became responsible adores profession even though he studied architecture at the University.

#####


Lucas went to the center of the festival and started to display their Apple products of all varieties of pies, baked goods, cakes, tart, jam, and everything related to apples, and it resonated if the audience gathered in front of his booth and he is in the midst of the fun of selling and displaying the products noticed that the booth of their competitor Mr. Sharma

And it looks like the competition between them is going to be fierce, and Lucas should have acted to draw more attention to our products.

Made a girl from the store, and asked Apple Pie test I ate a piece and said " yummy already soggy state meet I was curious to know how to bake " 

Lucas " it's a family secret, this is my grandmother's recipe, my grandmother's grandmother, my father's grandmother's from Switzerland and I've mastered cooking apple pies with a secret ingredient " 

Lucas admirably looked at the girl, contemplating the details of her face and the agility of her figure.


 It's cool. it goes smoothly in your mouth, Mira. 


 Thank you. may I meet you, Lucas.

Meera Sharma is Mr. Sharma's daughter.


"Mr. Sharma's daughter, but I've never seen you, I know him very well," Lucas said.


"Yeah, I was studying at University and finished it this year," Mira


"And what did you study? "Lucas.


 Myra's " tax lawyer ".


Good. good. I studied architecture, Lucas.


 Are you Mr. Perry's son, Mira?


" Yeah, Lucas ". Lucas.


"But I don't understand why all this competition between my father and your father," Mira track.


"Doesn't it look kind of silly to you," Mira said.


"Not! Whoever makes the best pie wins and gets the award and good customers all year, and I'm keen to win this year. "Lucas.


So you're endorsing your father for this competition, Mira.


"Yeah, you're talking to the CEO of a sugar and spice shop, and we're the one winning the competition this year."Lucas 


"Do you think so! We are the ones who will win, " Mira replied confidently as she looked at Lucas and surprised her heart palpitations every time she looked into his eyes.


Mira is twenty-five years old, a smart and Funny Girl with long curly hair, brunette skin, and blue eyes, and since she is mixed-race from an African mother and an Indian father and her grandmother to her Dutch mother, making an apple pie is very easy for her.


####


The sweet confrontation between the two bakeries raged and Lucas and Mira decided to raise the level of confrontation by giving a gift to everyone who stumbles and buys a pie. And at midday and it was time to rest, and in the next garden Mira headed for a comfortable lunch, and while she was away from the right patch to sit, I bumped into someone, and as soon as she turned around the uncle of the silence in the place, and the eyes converged, and he sailed, too, in the blue and green of their eyes, and "watch out for you in front of me" and his cheeks are very red.


Mira stammered and surprised herself she experiences a new beautiful feeling on her not felt before she shook her heart and ignited a fuse for Lucas and he also, but they remembered the competition of course and it seemed clear the desire of one of them to kiss the other and melt it has developed rapidly.


"You have to hold on, Mira, hold on, please. oh, your good-looking Lucas, like I've known you for decades, and I haven't seen you for two hours. damn, I wish I could eat your lips," Mira said.


 "It's Okay I was just looking for a special patch to sit down and see I didn't find it, I'd better go home."


 I'll show you a beautiful place that you're surprised to find here, that no one knows, Lucas.


He held her hand gently and her heartbeat rapidly.


"I know exactly what's going on with me when I'm sweating and I'm not running," Mira said.


And then they penetrated between two bushes, and if a hidden place between them seemed charming, with a small waterfall and a distinctive green and a small pool of water, it was charming, and Mira was amazed at its splendor. "


"Where Are you going to sit, I think it's right here, or it's not right, Mira."


"Lucas, wait, mind you, you show me the place, you walk away and you leave me alone here," Mira.


I thought you wanted to be alone here, Lucas.


"I was really planning it, but now that you're there, things might be different," Lucas replied, then sat down and the silence between them again, and they talked together, "thank you for " Mira and Lucas at the same time.


"Calm down, Mira, hold on. relax you. oh, my God, what's happening to them ".

"What's wrong with you, Lucas? did thee cat eat your tongue for all this hesitation?" Lucas in himself looked at each other with endless passion and adoration, realizing that they had fallen in love with each other.


 Well, how about you try our apple pie, Mira.


Taste Luke's piece of the pie and marvel at the splendor of her " Mmmmm delicious, really delicious, but how do you tell they felt a little bit of cinnamon with the tart taste I think of ginger and..... "Lucas.


"The secret of my family won't move arrival, my maternal grandmother, a Belgian original art recipe from her family after they migrate to America.


"Really good taste. that's why you beat us last year, Lucas.


"Did we win over you last year, imagine I don't know about it, but when did the competition between our bakeries start?".


"I think since' maybe four years.".

"Since we moved in, it's weird, I haven't seen you for once, and we live in the same neighborhood," Mira said.


 I've seen all your family members, Your Mother, your father, your twin sisters, your brother, even your aunt, who visits you now and then, and I'm completely unaware that you're there, Lucas.


"I also didn't even hint at you by mistake and I know almost all of your family and also by name John, Harry, Tara and Melanie, I even walked into your bakery and bought two delicious chocolate cupcakes and didn't see you."


"Isn't that weird! ..؟؟……." Said Mira.

"But why are you surprised not to recognize me after all this time! " Lucas.

Mira was surprised by Lucas ' question, which they gave her a quick kiss, and she answered. 


"Did you know the answer now, we have to go now it's time to announce the winner," she said.


They walked away together and their families bragged about their harmony.


"It is now time to announce the winner of the best apple pie award at the festival after a fierce competition in which two contenders for the title reached a sugar and spice bakery for Mr. Perry's family and Mr. Sharma's family with their Indian bakery," said the festival presenter.


"This year's winner ...!!!!! A tie is a tie for the bakers this year and the winner will be distributed equally between them and thanks to everyone's participation in this festival for the weekend.


The competition ended with the bakery tied and Mr. Sharma and Mr. Perry shaking hands after Meera and Lucas convinced them to end the competition.


Mira and Lucas befriended, got engaged, and finally got married. It was love and bread.




December 11, 2020 01:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.