0 comments

General

Driving back from the Ocean City, New Jersey four college girls were giggling about their recent vacation. Linda, Amber, Diane all had dates except Tina. Mark was Linda’s boyfriend. Pete was Amber’s and Paul was Diane’s man. Tina had recently broken up with her boyfriend Dave. Tina never felt like a fifth wheel of a cart. They were on their way home to Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania from Ocean City New Jersey from having a great vacation. The weather had totally cooperated for them. The four girls and three boys took separate cars as the boys had football events, they had to present for the events vacation or not.

All four girls were attractive and had been friends since high school. In high school they had been varsity cheerleaders however decided not try out for college. The academic work load was too much and with part time jobs it would have been too much. That is one of the reasons Tina and Dave broke up, he had been upset that Tina did not allocate him more time that he demanded. Tina had to work hard for her grades, Dave not as much as he had a football scholarship.

The reasons the girls were laughing so hard was Tina was hanging around a good-looking man. His name was Antonio. He was an exchange student from Italy but was able to get an extension on his student visa. What was so funny was that he was possessive and demanding like Dave after only hanging out with Tina for four days. At least Dave and Tina went out together for eighteen months.

Ocean City, New Jersey was a great vacation spot, their hotel. They had, had accommodations at the Blue Water Inn, it was close to everything!! There was so much to see and do on the boardwalk and it was only a five-minute walk from their hotel. Their rooms for four adults was $1,836 each of the four of the girls only had to pay $459.00 dollars for six days.

The boardwalk in Ocean City was eight miles long and well kept. There was so many shops and eateries one even sold funnel cake; a Pennsylvania Dutch treat well known if the Lehigh Valley. One of their favorite places to eat was the Chatter Box, it has a great selection of food and moderate prices. It is a short walking distance from their hotel also .2 miles.

They enjoyed visiting the Ocean City Historical Museum. It was rich in culture of Ocean City. They opted to not go on the amusement rides as they all lived close to Dorney Park in Allentown. All seven of them looked for souvenirs for their family and other friends. The seven of them had spent two days shopping at all the stores on the boardwalk and still did not see it all. They jokingly badgered Tina to go to a fortune teller, she obliged them.

The girls came out laughing, Tina’s fortune was so cliche. The fortune teller said “Very soon, you are going to meet a dark handsome man, he will sweep you off your feet and change your life”. Little did they know that this was going to come true and would happen very fast. Maybe you already met him Diane exclaimed; it could be Antonio. Perhaps Tina said as she shrugged her shoulders, Antonio is fun to be around but like vacation I do not plan to keep seeing him. He had been kind to four girls especially Tina. He had paid for their lunch many times. He did not pay for dinner as the ones who had boyfriends were there with him.

On day five of their vacation they decided to go out at a club and sing Karaoke the place they choose was the Sandbar it was well recognized as one of Ocean City attractions. Tina had asked Antonia if he would like to accompany them. He replied yes and that he enjoyed singing. It was to be a great evening. There would be four couples they each took turns at singing. They also did group songs; it was a great time. Tina was having so much fun and caught up in the night life that she was inebriated and had ended up spending the night in Antonio’s room. They had practiced safe-sex and felt satisfied. Tina exclaimed that is was good to make love even for a moment. Antonio had asked her to stay, but she declined they all had spent their vacation money and she needed go back to work and school. Antonio asked her when will I see you again, Tina replied I do not think I will be available. You are caring, and you have shown me a good time, “but all good things come to an end”.

I am not ready for this to end; I will see you! Pay attention just like that song you sang by Cindy Lauper “Girls just want to have fun” I will see you again and I do not take no for an answer. Tina said I really need to pack and start making the drive. Antonio asked her who’s car are you driving? It is mine Tina said and I have to go back to work to keep the payments up on it. It was a nice Ford Escort, red and good on gas. It was roomy enough to hold the four girls and their luggage. A great car for traveling it got Tina where she needed to go.

Soon the car was packed and the girls were ready to go. Antonio wanted to pay for their breakfast the men had already left earlier so they could make it back in time for football practice. Antonio had given Tina a hug and kiss and made sure the trunk was latched tight. Little did Tina know that at the same time he put a GPS device under back bumper so he would be able to follow her. He would know where she was and where she went. Thankfully he did not hear the girls laughing on the way home about the what the fortune teller had said a few days ago. They also laughed at what Tina told him about some of his responses they really found all this amusing.

Three weeks had passed and Tina was busy with her work and studies. Antonio went back to Chelsea, New York a week later that is where his residence is. He was working on getting citizenship, in the United States. All this time he kept thinking about Tina. How he really enjoyed her company. He barely knew her for a week but he really pined for he. There was only he could have her brought to him willingly or unwillingly. He already knew her locations, it was just to have her brought to him. He hired to strapping me capable of lifting her like a sack of potatoes if need be.

They donned gray suits and carried handcuffs to stop her from fighting and to make it easier to transport to Chelsea. Tina questioned why were they doing this? They replied you know what you did! Tina did not have a clue and asked where they were going? You will see when we get there, they went straight to Antonio, he was happy to see her, she was not to see him and be kidnapped like that although not harmed. I missed you Antonio said, I really, really did. I felt in love with you in less than a week and you made me fall in love with you, you really did. I also told you I do not take no for an answer.

Please let us work something out said Antonio, you may fall in love with me. I will pay for your car or buy you a better one it is your choice. You could transfer your studies up here and I will pay for everything you need. I know you are the one for me, I hope to marry you soon. As bad as feel about what I just did doesn’t that show how much I love you already?

Tina consented to talking about his plans she felt she really did not have a choice anyway. Tina let herself be a kept woman. Her friends were happy for her, and what the fortune teller said had come true. Tina and friends were shown good times in New York. Tina and Antonio were married two years later with no regrets and Antonio became a United States citizen.

July 30, 2020 00:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.