Wet Roads

Written in response to: Write about a character driving in the rain.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Crime Urban Fantasy

Wet Roads

I-75 Cincinnati and Northern KY

“Hydroplaning is no fun especially during a tropical storm and police chase.” comments Reese Williams has he drives a FBI escapade on the wet roads during Tropical Storm Ada.

“What do you expect the reports claim the black Mercedes we are chasing is similar to the one we pulled out of the Ohio a little while ago.” replies Robert Mitchell as he hops on his I- pad.

The flashing blue lights reflects back off the rainy weather on the interstate. “ I hope this tip Is right chief. I am missing the sunny weather travels aboard the Plum Harvest.” shoots back Reese to Mitchell.

“We will be back soon we just need to close this case. Hey Johnny anything you can do to

make it easier to see in this crappy weather/”

“Why do you guys always think I can control the weather like a druid I am a totem Shaman and far from a druid as possible. But maybe I can do something.” comments Johnny High- eagle a Native American police tracker.

Mumbling a few words as he lowers the back window just enough. The rain starts to slow down. Reese shakes his head as water touches his back from Johnny lowering the rear window. “Thanks for me getting wet Tonto.”

“That's what you get from saying bad things about Mother Gaia, Marshal.”

“Next time you drive Tonto.”

“Kids stop arguing were about to cross over the Brent Spence Bridge. I don't want to wind up in the river.”

The escapade continues to pursue the Mercedes on the interstate. “Kentucky Highway Patrol this is Agent Mitchell of the FBI I need a road stop on the southbound lanes of 75 in pursuit of a PERP in the murders of several people in the area do you copy?”

“Evening, Agent Mitchell this is KHP car Adam 27 we heard the call from both Ohio Highway Patrol and Covington PD. Though this weather is crappy we will get something setup by the Dixie Highway exit”

“Understood see you in ten.”

“cheery trooper maybe his shift is almost over.” comments Reese

“More than likely this is the first car chase in NKY in a little while.” returns Mitchell to Reese “Johnny get out the toys our friends in the Mercedes is one of those damn shadows

in our closet the last time I saw him.”

“Vampire hunting gear in the works. And some HCS shells for our friends if he has bodyguards. I do admit this guy seems to be a crazy driver from NASCAR..”

“Funny Johnny.”

“I am laughing like a kid, Tonto.”

Dixie Highway and I75 ramp.

Several Fort Mitchell and KHP trucks start to direct some of the traffic off the ramp as several officers put up spiked chains on the Highway of the police pursuit on I75 as a news helicopter attempts to hover over the chase area.

The FBI, Covington, Cincinnati and Ohio Highway Patrol continue to pursue the black Mercedes on the interstate with flashing red and blue lights lighting up the stormy clouds of the Tropical Storm.

Meanwhile in Mercedes

The Chauffeur in a dark suit turns back to a bald man with a dark goatee in a similar suit and holding a sword-cane seated next to the Nosferatu vampire is a dark haired Romanian female in a dark gown she too displays vampire fangs. She holds a staff and sips from a martini glass.

“Master Y wain it appears that the authorities are setting up a roadblock ahead on Dixie Highway.” comments the driver.

“Than I believe it is time to use this weather against them. Mistress Stefanie be a doll and scare away these law-men.”

“But of course, my love.” Stefanie puts aside her glass and taps the staff on the floor of the Mercedes and mumbles some Romanian words.

The glow shimmers a crimson gray and shoots up a blast of mystical energy through the

roof of the car. As rain falls through the roof.

A bursting blast of Crimson gray forms a wind tunnel in the tropical storm forming a small swirling cloud of rain and dust.

The lawmen look at the swirling dust devil coming through the tropical rains and winds. “ Oh Crap, we got a tornado. Every body dive for the sides of the road.

Mitchell spots the dust devil as the crimson gray cloud swirls in the distance. “Johnny we got a spell-caster ahead of us.”

Moments later the FBI Escapade does a 360 on the highway as a result of the advancing dust devil. “Hang On!” yells Reese as the Escapade does a 360 on I 75 running into a pair of Covington cop cars.

The black Mercedes passes through the rain storm avoiding the spiked trap in the road as the Dust Devil clears a path for them.

Meanwhile the news helicopter pulls back as they spot the chaos on I-75. “Take a look at that below.”

“This is ABC news there is a major traffic tie-up developing by the Fort Mitchell ramp on 75. We advise all drivers to avoid this area until the cops can clear it up.”

As the pursuing cars stop and watch the black Mercedes continuing south on the interstate. Reese and his team get out of their vehicle. Reese looks over to a blown tire from the accident.

Mitchell and Johnny look in the distance as several other cops get out of their car with frustrating looks in their faces. Reese joins his team and shows an angered look in his eyes.

“You know this gangster is really pissing me off, chief. Our car has hit a dead end with this accident. And our fellow lawmen are pissed at us. I hope you can calm them down Badge.”

“I will handle the paperwork right now we need to figure a way to catch up to these guys”. Replies Mitchell as he is soon joined by several angry cops and State troopers.

“What are you going to do next Bureau?” comments a Covington cop.

Badge ignores the angry Covington cop and turns to the KHP trooper a tall lank black man who looks like he just got out of the UFC. “Trooper, contact the other agencies on this side of the river and describe them that the PERPS got away and keep alert. We also need to clear this mess up for the morning commute. As for now, our hunt for that Mercedes is over.”

“Damn, I hate losing a chase.”

Several miles up the road.

The driver looks back at his boss and the woman with him. “Master, it appears the witch's spell worked I see no cops on our trail.”

“Excellent, knowing our perceptive detective. All of the authorities in Greater Cincinnati

are on high alert. Activate the chameleon mode and take 275 west to Indiana. I believe we

we have a celebration to attend at the Rising Sun Casinos.”

“Yes Master.” comments the Driver as he hits a switch on the dashboard.

Moments later the black Mercedes switches from a black to a blue-gray one. “Stefanie, please contact Herr Drake and tell him we had a chase by the authorities.”

“As you wish, my love.” comments the dark haired woman as she reaches for her smartphone

from her purse.

“The chase shall continue my perceptive detective.” comments Y Wain as he lights a Cuban Cigar in his Mercedes..        

September 25, 2021 00:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.