0 comments

African American Asian American Romance

In the small town of Oak-town Hills there lived a Woman named Serenity who owned a flower shop. She was the only person who owned such a store like hers, so she would get a lot of business because of it. Serenity loved to climb mountains and hills so she would pick wild flowers to sell to the townspeople. Serenity's store was next to a shop that sold instruments like guitars, drums, or small woodwind instruments.

The man who owned that store was named Taylor, he was a few years older than Serenity. He had moved to Oak-town from Japan 3 years ago to start a new life in a smaller place. But Taylor didn't want a calm quiet life that the townspeople enjoyed, instead he brought in a lot of noise with his instruments. Serenity couldn't take all of his noise since her store was next door, her little shop would play serene sounds whenever her customers came in. But all they would hear is hard metal music coming from Taylor's shop.

All the noises from Taylor's shop interfered with Serenity's business so less customers would come during the night because of Taylor. Serenity never like Taylor because all he does is talk loud, party too much, and play the loudest of music wherever he went. But what she didn't know is that Taylor was one of the sweetest people there was, but people started rumors on him because he wears all black and listens to metal. Taylor liked Serenity but he was very shy on telling her, so he thought playing loud music would catch her attention but all it did was slowly ruin her business.

So Taylor started buying flowers but would have them delivered to his house, he would stack them up then send them to Serenity's house as a secret admirer. Serenity thought it was her crush David, who sent her flowers but David had a girlfriend so that broke Serenity's heart. Weeks passed by and Serenity kept getting flowers until she realized the flowers were coming from her shop. She wanted to know who was ordering flowers from her then put them on her doorstep as a gift.

Then one night Serenity saw a guy putting flowers and a box of chocolates at her door, when he stood up, she saw his side profile and realized that it was....Taylor. Serenity watched as he smiled so sweetly at what he was doing then ran off down the block towards his home. She walked to her door and saw the things he left, it was white lilies from her shop and a box of her favorite chocolates. She somehow felt warm knowing how he got what she liked but she didn't want to fall for a bad boy, so she threw the gifts away.

Taylor soon noticed how his gifts were ending up in the trash after he put them on her door. Of course he would look out his window and watch what she would with his gifts. But Taylor didn't stop, he wanted Serenity to know how much he cared for her, so he bought 5 bouquets of roses with 3 boxes of chocolate. This time he wrote her a note so this time she would have no choice but sit there for a while. As Serenity ended another shift at work, she got home and seen her doorstep full of roses and chocolates with a blue colored note on top.

She smiled at how she kept getting gifts, so she read the note that said "Hello Serenity...You more than likely know who sent all these things to you. I'm a very shy guy so its very hard for me to walk up to you and speak so i started sending you gifts. I realized you would throw my gifts away but Serenity you can't stop the love i have for you! I'm not a bad guy that the town makes me look like, i only play loud music because i wanted to catch your attention but instead it messed up business. So i stopped playing my music so loud and started to send you, your own flowers and favorite candies that i seen you eat. I hope you understand that i'm doing this because i fell in love with you, your smile, the way you laugh, the way you're so happy, and the bright colors you wear. I hope we can be something one day..".

Serenity cried at the note because she never gotten anything like this, but what she didn't know was that Taylor was behind her also crying. Serenity heard someone whimpers and turned around seeing Taylor holding a single white rose with a bottle of her favorite wine, he looked at her and smiled while tears ran down his face. Serenity dropped the note, running to him as she hugged him and cried into his chest. Taylor hugged her back, he felt so happy that Serenity liked what all he did. Taylor took her on many dates afterwards, they made each other laugh and smile. They felt so many new emotions for each other that it was so different.

After months of doing those simple things, they were officially together and the townspeople were shocked at how they could be compatible. But Serenity and Taylor made each other feel a feeling that no one else could. Serenity couldn't believe she feel for a guy who was the opposite of her, but she was in love and that's what really mattered. Soon 4 years had passed and Taylor was thinking of asking Serenity to marry him. He asked the townspeople to help him set up something for Serenity, they all put up flowers, candles, and stringing lights. In the middle was a small table with rose petals painted white, a candle, Serenity's favorite wine and food.

Serenity soon came and cried at the sight she seen, she saw how Taylor was nicely dressed standing in front of the table. The stars were shining and the lights hanging made it look so much better and romantic. Serenity never had anything like this in life and never had Taylor, but they did anything for each other. They had their best night ever and that's when Taylor popped the question, of course Serenity said yes.

The townspeople came out with fireworks and loud cheers at the couple. Taylor and Serenity smiled so hard as they ended their night with a sweet kiss under the stars and fireworks. Years later after they were married with 1 son and a daughter on the way, they decided it was time for a new place. They moved to a Osaka, Japan which was Taylor's hometown, they lived their for the rest of their lives in bliss and happiness.

The End.

December 12, 2020 19:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.