Sunshine with smile

Submitted into Contest #99 in response to: End your story with somebody stepping out into the sunshine.... view prompt

0 comments

Happy Inspirational Teens & Young Adult

Each person in life had a chance to be happy and sad depending on what he or she looked at in his or her life. That happiness and sadness would not remain for a long time but we can improve the situation by our decisions and our perspectives. We can improve our situation by facing that situation, not by running away from it. Every problem had each way to solve, not giving up. There would be a way to solve it.

              It’s like what Mike did with his life. Mike at first was a poor man. He had a job as a laborer. By doing his hardworking job, his clothes and body would be dirty. Each day he had to use a public toilet to clean himself before going back home. He didn’t tell his daughter what job he was in. He would like his daughter to be proud of him for working in a nice profession. He brought good food for his daughter each day and let his daughter studied in a good university. But one day, when it’s time to pay the tuition fee, he had not enough money. He had to communicate the truth to his daughter, Tina. He came back home without taking the shower at the public toilet saying that he hadn’t much money, he was just a laborer with a minimum wage. His daughter was shocked at first but understood. She found a part-time job. She did it well and took care of his father who starved for her living and study. Right now he had some health problems but he was patient to work hard for her. He didn’t tell this thing to his daughter. She cried saying why her dad didn’t tell her that, then she told her father that right now it’s time she would take care of him instead. She said we had only 2 people, father and daughter, so if dad had anything in problem, dad could tell her. Mom passed away, we are sad but she would be willpower for the father. We would solve the problem together no matter it would be a financial crisis, health crisis, family problem, workplace problem, career pressure, friendship problem, failure, or any grief. She would be the willpower and we would fight with the situation together. We would be as a consulting person to each other who takes care of each other well.

              And this end with the stepping out of into the sunshine, there was a silver lining when 2 people communicate, they would understand each other’s problem and know what’s going on in each’s person’s shoe. They would give each other willpower and end up with a happy life. After graduation, she had some good jobs, his life didn’t have to be in difficulty again. The sky after the rain would be beautiful. 

              About problems of Tina, she had a friendship problem and career pressure. Sometimes, her friend didn’t understand her. She didn’t know what she did badly to her so she tried to call her and do a good deed for her but there was no response. In the end, she knew that it’s because she spoke something she didn’t like; so when she knew that. she apologized to her and the atmosphere became friends again. They talked well and had fun. She invited her to go on her graduation day. She came to congratulate her on her success. The friendship remained the same. Her friend wasn’t angry at her. It is just the misunderstanding that should be clarified and communicate to each other.

              For her job, she worked at the bank. She knew that it was a great opportunity so she applied and work for some time. But the job as the loan recovery officer was so stressful. It was pressure from the bank that it had to get the loan back. But for the customers of the bank, the bank must seize the assets from them no matter their house or car even though right now they are in financial trouble. Tina felt bad about it. So she decided to quit the job to do a business of her own. She did the book business as she liked reading much. Her business went well having some customers who like reading as well as her. She enjoyed talking with people who like reading, she knew more about authors, books, and many genres of books that were new to her. She explored the new category of books and had fun investing in the book business. She had a shop and a Facebook page selling books that recommended good books to friends and visiting readers.  

              After that, it’s like stepping into a sunshine of smiles that everyone is happy. Each person could have a great time if we look at our life in positive eyes, we would see an opportunity to explore and develop further. All the problems were solved in efficient and effective ways and everyone felt good and smiled. We can decide to solve the problem or leave the problem. Don’t live with the problem. Because sometimes, the easiest way to solve the problem is not participating in that problem at all. So we should study the situation wisely, if we can ignore that problem and leave it, just leave it alone and time will solve the problem away.

              I thought this is like the lesson from the quote when we see a problem. The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity while the optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. So you could choose whether to find the opportunity or difficulty in each problem encountered. I hope if we knew what our problem is, we solved it each step by step, case by case. The problem would fade away and create a good feeling of pride instead, then we can manage some difficulty by ourselves. Thank you for reading my writing. Hope it would be fun and be beneficial to you guys. Thank you for your kind consideration. 😊

June 21, 2021 10:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.