Blind date turned out in a different way

Submitted into Contest #56 in response to: Write a story from the different perspectives of two people meeting for a blind date. ... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Adventure

Shina a bookaholic, blunt, confused, and on her worst day, check her social media handles. On the other hand, Daljit is a lovely person who does not want to get indulge in any stuff.  On that night a pop up appeared “Want to enjoy a blind date?.” Even without a single thought she just clicked on go. This was something different and gutsy for him but he thought why not give it a try and just signed in. Both of them even didn’t realize and fall asleep.

The very next morning, she went into a deep realization. It was the last thing she would ever do to find a guy. The organization member messaged both of them the number by saying, “The person can be your perfect match, just try to make bonds. Here are all the necessary details you should know.” Such a dumbass I am, Shina said this to herself while staring at the number.

After a month, the date arrived when they were about to meet. As Shina stepped down on the platform her eyes were searching for a Punjabi guy. Her phone was vibrating in the pocket and it was him. “Hey, I am waiting for you outside the station, near the parking,” he said in a deep voice. After seeing me what if she doesn’t even want to hang out or just refuses to come with me. The more he thought the more he was being negative. She went out of the station and her eyes rolled on a big wall clock. It was 10:42 and still in search of a turban guy outside the railway station. As she spotted the guy in the red turban, she stopped her heart shrank. That moment she can even feel her blood running in the body and sweat was slipping from her beautiful short hairs rolling down to her cheeks. Should I wave at her or go and pick up her? Tough decision. Finally, he waved at her. With all the luggage Shina just managed to pull over and stood near him. As she saw his face, it was glowing. The sweat on his face was making him glow more. To break the awkward silence he uttered, “Hey, I will be back in a minute. Need to use the washroom.” What, what did I just said. Such an idiot I am. She might be thinking I am such a dumbass who even doesn’t know how to talk to a girl. The whole 2-3 minutes trip to his washroom went thinking the same. Oh, of course, but what was he waiting for, me? She thought. Ahh, Leave it. She was still managing to look perfect and not that nervous. Another thought struck her mind. “Isn’t he hot? Yes, he is hot. I would love to go wild on him, wait what are you thinking Shina” and at the very next second “Oh, common man it is just a meetup, do not think much.”

I don’t know what she might be thinking about me. I could not even make to pick her up at the railway platforms, he silently thought. His thoughts were as long as the coaches of the train. He was hiding all his desires, all the memories he might want to share it with her. Her charming face was making him weak and fall for her on the first date. Maintaining his good image and he kept quiet. Speaking only the part necessary. “Hey, the cab is here. Get in.” he softly said to her. Shina placed her luggage in and hopped in the cab. Shina started to look out of the window and suddenly said, “Will I ever be comfortable talking to him, he looks kind of boring?” Diljit still tries to figure out what to talk to. Should I go on asking about his family or what she does or just stay quiet? He thought. “Hey, as it was planned to have fun and enjoy the company. Don’t you think?” Shina asked Daljit in a sarcastic tone. With all the nervousness within him, he nodded his head. Then, they both started to talk about how they both end up being part of the organization, which sets blind dates all over the country. 

The cab stopped at the destination at an unspoken cafe. Daljit helped her pull out her luggage. Both giggling and thinking of how they met and now they make a great pair. “Hey, would you mind if I smoke?” Shina asked to Diljit. “Do you smoke? I hate who smokes” He said without giving a second thought to it. Shina gave her a judgemental look and said, “Is it?.” He got confused. What a dumbass you are, it is for the first time you are meeting someone. Do not make her uncomfortable, he whispered to himself. “Are you ok?” Shina asked. He nodded his head and confirmed for her to smoke.

Shina bought a box of Marlboro advance, took one cigarette out, and started to puff out the smoke. He was watching her with an unexpected look. I can never fall for someone who smokes, I guess. He said it to himself. She was concentrating on the aroma of the smoke produced in her mouth. He was quietly standing with her luggage in her hand just like a small baby. As she finished her two cigarettes, she pulls his jacket and walked inside the cafe. 

Both managed to get a corner seat in the cafe and sat. Shina was checking at his clothes and thinking at the same time, the brands he is carrying. He looked at her and she turned her face to the beautiful wall of the cafe. “What do you want to eat because I am quite hungry. I didn’t have anything for the breakfast too,” Daljit said with an empty stomach making noise. Shina looked at his cute puppy face and the excitement he had for the food. He is such a kid except he is hot, she thought. The food arrived on the table, he started to eat it as she had never had food before. Shina smiled and said, “You such a kid.” He giggled but then concentrated on the food.

On that afternoon, their words were tangling with each other. Cherishing the moment of coincidence. The imagination of being together was running in their veins as they started to like each other. Not knowing much about each other but still wanted to get close and explore. The thought of physical desire was going inside the mind of both. With these thoughts-boggling their minds, they started to talk about their fantasy. He placed his hand on her hand gently and she crossed her hand around his hand with swiftness. 

That evening, he holds her tight in her arms. She pulls him closer and leans in a tiny bit closure. “What is it,” she asks looking concerned. Is it going to happen between us or am I just imagining? she thought. Before he could lose his courage, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against her. After a momentary pause, she kissed him even back with a stronger force. The fire was running their bodies. His hands started to move around her back and stopped on his perfect waist. She pulls him deeper into the kiss, running her tongue along his lips. With his gaze still on her, he undressed her one piece of cloth by another. Suddenly she stopped. She hugged him tight and started to cry. He gave his broad shoulder to put her head-on. He gets going in the thoughts of what could be the reason for her sadness. That is to all of sudden. The cloud of thoughts started emerging in her head. All of sudden everything seemed empty. Like nothing is complete, nothing has ever seemed this perfect.

“I want to know what is in your head, you can trust me,” he said. She ignored him and hugged him even tighter. The silence was enough for him to get the answers.

Later that month, she proposed her. 

“Hey, Daljit. Don’t speak a word. Just listen to me. I love you and I do,” Shina said in her soft voice. He was blank after knowing all of this as he loved her too. “I love you too but don’t expect anything from me. I can never commit to any relationship,” he said in a serious tone and hang up.

August 26, 2020 13:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.