0 comments

Drama Fiction Sad

Broken Glass

This was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives. This very day would have been a new beginning. The true meaning of life. But things do not always start and end that way.

“Mom?” Aurora questioned. While starting at the rainy weather.

“Yes, sweety.”

“Why does it have to be this way? Could have I not been through such pain? Am I such a bur- “

“Honey, please… don’t continue… It breaks my heart you are thinking that stuff. It is never going to be your fault.” Sandra replied with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“MOM BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE MEEEEE!!!” exclaimed Aurora “WWHYYY! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST DAY OF ALL OF OUR LIVES!!! I WANT TO DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

Suddenly Aurora started beginning to pull her hair and attempting to rip the IVs out of her arm.

“HELP ME I NEED A NURSE… DOCTOR… HELP! HELP! HELP! PLEASE!”  Yelled Sandra at the top of her lungs “DAUGHTER CALM DOWN PLEASE! NOO AURORRA DON’T DO THAT! PLEASE! SWEETY! HELP!”

“MRS. GUTIERREZ please calm down. Nurse, please get me Diazepam ASAP!” Commanded the doctor.

“NO PLEASE JUST END MY MISERY! ALL I WANT TO DO IT DIE! I DESERVE IT! I AM NOT WORTH LIVING! Kept shouting Aurora.

Suddenly Aurora slow began to limp and was having a hard time standing.

“Quick place her on the bed we need to tie her and keep giving her Diazepam to avoid her from having these same episodes. It will also be highly suggested that a therapist gets involved. What she has been through is a lot for her and things could get worst if she does not get help.” Expressed the doctor.  

“I have to wait for someone else Doctor. Even though I am the mother. Aurora's husband is the one who will also be caring for her. Just…. Just give me about 5 minutes please.” Replied Sandra

The phone ringed for what seemed an eternity, but finally, Richard, Aurora’s husband picks up.

“H... hello?”

“Richard, it’s me, Sandra. May you please come to the hospital it….”

“IS AURORA OK??!!! IS SHE HURT? DID SHE D….”

“Richard things are good for now, but this matter does require both of us. Please come as soon as possible.”

“Thank God. Ok, I will be there in 5 minutes.” He replied sighing.

As soon as he ended the call. Richard began to dress up quickly.

“Hey who was that?” asked a curious voice.

“Oh, it was Aurora’s mom. Something about Aurora. Who knows?” he replies sarcastically.

“OH... mm mm… how about you bail and stay with me?” Snarled the girl.

“No, I can’t this time. I have to go remember I have to play the part.”

“Ugh fine but come back.”

“Yes, babe I will. Now stay here and do not go out. You got it.”

“Fine.”

Sandra began to discuss the medication and the options to best help Aurora. Things did not seem to be going so well. At this point, Aurora was in the line of life and death as a walking human.  Suddenly Richard came in storming in with tears in his eyes.

“Mrs. Gutierrez, what happened. Can I go see her?” Richard asked panicking.

“Yes, but the doctor is suggesting that she gets tied up for now and be under medication.”

“What? Why? What medication?”

“Well sir, the medication is a sleeping medication that will keep her sleeping for a good while, and it will help her relax as well. And tying her up will prevent her from harming others and herself.” Answered the doctor.

“Well, how is she now? “

“Well, she is now sleeping. But you can still go and see her. The only restriction I give is two people at the time and does not cause her any stress. Any stress can trigger her, and she will then go back to the scene that has happened.”

“Yes, sir.” Replied Richard.

“Mrs. Gutierrez I will look after her. I think you should go get some rest for now. It is my turn to care for her.”

“I hate to leave her, but I will take your word. I do need to go freshen up and try to get a little bit of sleep. Plus, I have nothing to worry about. I know you will care for her as you have now. Just please, please, please, as soon as anything happens let me know.”

“I promise.”

“Well, I am off then.”

Richard then walked over to Aurora’s room. He was shocked to see her tied up and felt sorry for what has happened to her.

“Babe, if you can hear me please move your hand or something.” He asked sweetly.

Nothing happened.

“Aww, I am so sorry for everything. I really am. But… I must find a way to protect what is mine. Even if I have to….”

Richard was interrupted when he hears a knock at the door.

“Please come in.”

“Hey, how is she?” a mysterious voice asked

“She is good for now Julie. “

“Is she fully asleep?”

“Yes, Julie. But I gave you an order to stay at our place and not move from there. I know how flirtatious you can be around me. You will cause suspicions for both of us.”

Something Richard and Julie did not know was that Aurora was beginning to wake up when she heard them speaking. “What does he mean to stay our place? What does my best friend and cousin Julie, have to do with anything?” She exclaimed in her head. “I have to pretend. I must know more about the truth. I might have misheard things. I might truly be losing my mind and hallucinating things.”

“Who cares Richard. She is sleeping what is the worst thing that could happen?”

“No Julie not here,” Richard answered in a stern voice.

“Come on Richard. Let me stay. I will not cause trouble. I just want to stay near you, my love. Plus, we both have fault for what happened.”

“JULIE. STOP. THAT. NOW. We could get caught; I surely don’t want to lose everything I have accomplished now.”

“What marry this rich, ugly snob. Someone like this is desperate. Obviously, because she has never had a boyfriend, and everyone always bullied her. The only thing that will date that thing is someone that is after her money, blind, or just stupid. And you love... well you are there for the money and to restore your company.”

Aurora was shocked by Julie's words. “Wait so he does not love me?! All his words were fake?! Did he… NO impossible he will not do that… No, he has a nice heart. He will never hurt me this way. Will he? HAHAA NO HE WILL not. I refuse to believe that it is true.” Aurora questioned herself.

“JULIE STOP IT. RIGHT NOW! ANYONE CAN HEAR YOU AND IF I LOSE EVERYTHING. I WILL DRAG YOU WITH ME!!!” Snarled Richard.

 “You will not do such a thing. Because at the very moment you try. I will confess to everyone that you paid me millions of dollars to crash your in-law's car. Don’t forget that day your law, your hideous wife, and your unborn baby were there. Unfortunately, that day not everyone died as expected.”

Suddenly Aurora began to scream.

“HELP ME!!! I WANT MY BABY!!! HELP ME! I NEED HELP! DADDY SAVE MY BABY! DADDDDDD! NO!!! HELP ME! END MY MISERY!” Yelled Aurora.

“Shit go gets the doctor Julie!!!!” yelled Richard.

“I WANT TO DIE ALREADY!” Aurora was screaming her head out with just one intention. Aurora wants the doctor to come in, so she can tell him the truth about everything they said, but she remembers that the doctor left a camera in here earlier. To monitor her condition and make sure she was not harming herself whenever she wakes up.

“We need you to step out now.” Exclaimed the doctor.

As soon as Richard and Julie left. Aurora began to calm down a bit.

“Doctor, please listen. They both killed my father and my unborn baby. They are having an affair, they are killers, and are the cause of me being this way. PLEASE HELP ME! I know you have a camera here look at it if you do not believe me. PLEASE CALL MY MOM AND HELP US. LIE to them about that I died or CALL THE POLICE. YEAH call the police!!!”

“Ok PLEASE CALL DOWN. Mrs. Smith goes to my office and records a video of the Mrs. Gutierrez room before us coming in please.”

The nurse went out and ran to the doctor’s room. With no sight of Richard and Julie. Five minutes later Mrs. Smith returned with the video.

“Mrs. Smith, we need to call the police. Did you happen to see Mr. Richard or the other girl?”

“No sir I have no idea where they are at this moment.”

The nurse called the police, and while the nurse was on the call. Richard and Julie burst in.

“Aurora are you ok? How are- “Richard and Julie asked worried some.

“HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ASK ABOUT ME WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF ME BEING HERE. YOU KILLED…. YOU KILLED MY FATHER AND MY BABY!!!!!” 

“WHERE DID YOU HEAR RUMOR BABE THOSE ARE ALL- “

“SAVE IT!! YOU LIED! YOU ONLY USED ME FOR MONEY! YOU ARE SUCH A CHEATER. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN CHEATING HUH??! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEING PLANNING THIS??!!! WHY KILL MY BABY, YOU BASTARD?” Questioned Aurora.

“FINE, WE ARE CAUGHT. YES, WE DID THAT BECAUSE WE OBVIOUSLY WANT YOUR MONEY YOU WORTHLESS FOOL. WHO WILL LOVE YOU?!! YOU ARE UGLY. WHY DID YOU THINK YOU HAD FRIENDS? BECAUSE YOU HAVE MONEY AND YOU CAN BUY THEM EVERYTHING THAT WE WANTED. Since we are at its Richard and I have been dating since they say of you guys married a year ago. And if you must know Richard’s company is bankrupt and with your money it can be rebuilt fast. OH, and your baby was in the way of us keeping the fortune. Since in the will you have placed that the baby is the one that will keep all the fortune and well…. We were never going to let that ever happen. All of you should have been dead, but I guess not.” Answered Julie.

“Well, it is nice to know. GUARDS ARREST THEM TWO NOW! You have the right to remain silent and anything that is spoken will be used against you. You have the right of a lawyer once we reach the police station.” Replied the sheriff.

“NO everything I said was a complete lie. I... I… had nothing to do with it. It was all Richard.” Said, Julie

“You lying animal you were the one that ran into the car, and I did not pay you for it you slither yourself into this for the money.” Replied Richard.

Aurora was in shock and was crying nonstop over the whole situation. She could not believe that the one that she loved would do such a thing. She began to wish that they get what they deserved. They killed her father who was like her best friend and always showing how much he loves her mother. He was so excited about the birth of the baby boy. Worst of all, on the day of the accident, they were going to reveal to Richard the babies’ gender. That day her father said he was so proud of them, and decided he wanted to place Richard into a CEO chair. So, he could give his daughter and grandson a better life. But he was not able to, which was the best thing that could have come out of this. I believed that Richard was different than other guys, but he is way worst than any of them.

After two years of going to therapy and trying to restore herself. She can smile now. She is now happy that today she has found someone who loves her and is expecting their 1st child. However, happiness is not everything. Aurora recently found out Richard escaped.

Aurora was watching tv when suddenly she hears a knock on the door. She decided not to open the door, but all of a sudden. She heard a window shader. Unfortunately, at that time her husband was not home since he will be home a little late today due to a meeting that has taken up so much time, and made him delay on some important documents that he needs early in the morning. She began to run to her room when she heard the window shader.

“AURORA LISTEN TO ME. I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU NOW!!” yelled a voice out loud.

She stopped in her tracks when she recognized the voice. It was from Richard.

“Aurora listen please help me. I love you. I need you in my life. You mean the world to me. Please take me back we can start all over and I will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I learned my lesson already.” Richard said while tears were flowing down his face.

Before she could answer. Two police officers busted down the door and grab Richard arresting him. Richard began to scream that he did not want to leave, and he wanted to stay with me.

“Wait! Richard… It is too late. Goodbye”

November 21, 2020 03:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.