0 comments

Mystery Sad Thriller

Magnificent constellations comprising of twinkling little stars word embedded on jet black Sky just like diamonds stuck in ground of darkness bowing a big pale one ;full moon.

Freezing wild wind throbbing against my ears. A wave of shiver ran through my body every time delegate and stretchy finger of cold creeping in my clothes crashed with my body, ice against my skin.

“That’s it” i muttered under my breath. As I was about to cross the mid of the LD road carved in between somber woods caged by a fence. It felt strange, strange like a soul is lurking in the shadows ready to leap out any moment to rip me apart. Wise, to talk to yourself in such a situation cuz getting a compliment from thin air will freak you out and that was what I always do keeping my voice just to myself or in my mind.

An ear piercing howl indulged itself into the killing vacancy of silence. Hair on my neck stood up cause it seemed close, really close. My heart pounding hard, I could hear it in my temples. Before panicking could cease me, I started trotting towards the opposite side heading for my home. Home sweet Home. Making sure not to lure it by noise. At the corner of my eye, I saw a wild bush moving. A perfect horror movie scene was on its peak. I wished director to peek out of the leaves yelling “cut” but there was not a single soul around. I was on my own like always. Clutching on my snacks tight I started to run cursing and muttering in oblivion. Journey punching on my face with its talent of being internal. It felt like I’m crossing a bridge of ashes which will turn into nothing as soon as I’ll step on it. but I was a left with no other option. Bushes now shuffling along with me. The thing was following me. My eyes wide, jaw struck, open body went numb as the thing came out. The moment froze. It jumped on its rocky pause with study body so high it was like aiming for a canopy, my head. It attacked me. It’s black hair gleaming in the moonlight, bloody pointed fangs hung outside making streaks of viscous blood. It was so close that I could smell it. For a second our gaze locked his electric blue reflective eyes forming mangata out of caged tears against my freaked out Browns ones. Its gaze was like a black hole sucking all my confidence about my anti animal brain but, unconditionally the rampage smoothed and it landed on the other side. And was gone in the dark leaving me flabbergasted behind. The night passed cursing my cravings. I could not sleep after that not even knowing why because of that Wolf thing or the boy Alex who have nestled in my dreams also he have invited me in his house tonight. His perfect. An alive sketch of the one who I dreamed of. Sturdy, perfect jawline, electric blue eyes and charcoal black hair .but he’s a bit hairy too and a bit odd like, when I first time walked in his house to hand him a piece of cake he ate it wildly like he have never tasted anything like that and when I walked in the kitchen for water. it was all clear, vacant drawers just some Brown boxes and bread. Nothing. just an empty kitchen , compared to mine it was unrealistically clean. SAD. he lives on his own eating street food. he do have a bad habit though, waking up when half the earth is planning for the bed again but that's just like me a habit of those who live alone or are left alone.

 I was way excited and also panicking getting ready cuz it was getting darker and my nail paint was not dried yet of course, it takes a lot of time getting ready, deciding on your own what to wear with trembling’s hand especially, when someone you like invites you. Finally, I stood at front of his house all ready but late and he did not texted me.  

I knocked. He opened too soon. I freaking felt soo awkward holding lipstick and mirror. The door struck open he stood there smiling soo bright in the dark. An awkward moment and then he gestured me to move in “…… will you mind turning the lights on cuz I am a bit of a scaredy cat” he chuckled and after a moment the world became so bright. We sat on the couch talking useless about the movies and some general questions. “Sooo ….why did you move in here?” I asked.

“Dears” he answered shortly but by looking at my face he added “I like greenery animals,….. nature.”

“oh..kay” I could not manage saying anything else so, a hunger pang broke the silence “sorry “he said with pleasing look. “I am not soo social, don't know how to interact and so, left you hungry” he hissed staring at his feet “ no it’s nothing it’s just same with me” I said squeezing his hand “we’ll order”

 Awkwardness was kicked out as two left alone told each other about their ruined life but it ended with me . “what were you doing there?” he asked concerned “cravings..snacks were not going to walk by themselves to me” I argued “and I was Careful but my beauty attracted it” I added raising an eyebrow along with my chin. “I’ve got to say something” he said gravely 

“I…. I …like your eyes” I shooted it unconsciously. He smiled, a dimple formed enhancing the flash of his smile “also the dimple” I blushed. The Serene moment was broken with shattering glass of kitchen window another Pebble swifted  in gliding straight for my couch. The moment was dazzling. He hushed me away in a corner warning me to stay there in his gruff tone other pebbles shooting in spreading all over just like dust in a desert. I could not stop myself from crying because he just walked straight into them like a warrior immune to it. I blinked and he was gone

 There were lots of questions I wanted to ask especially, which conditioner does he apply and does he apply it on his body too??? . Nonsense questions bubbling in my head in such situation, when I should be afraid of knocking into a banshee. The pebbles and noise stopped but it still echoed in my ears.

But he never came back.

Air thickened and I could sense the danger dangling in arena. I leaned over the broken window, it was all dark. And he was not inside I ran outside hoping that I won’t be late. I felt broken, tears rolling down my cheeks, hair nestled but I could not find him.

I yelled for him after a moment my eyes got stung by the scene. at the backside of the house someone sat in a corner his back with the wall, head down. He looked almost dead. “ALEX!!!!” I shrieked and darted to him the earth seemed to be dragging my body down. it was not someone who I knew, it was not human at all,it felt like even caelum's betraying me.

I have waited all those years and then finally gifted with this??

A bleeding gash ran down his cheek, fangs hanging out, and something was wrong with his leg it was bleeding like it was slashed down from knee, grass flooded with his blood and his body hairy. “NOOO…”He cried “I’ll hurt you” , his voice trembling. But I could not stop myself moving toward him “I know you will never hurt me……what was that” I asked. ODD, not being petrified like the first time I saw him. “Hunters” he hissed “ they hunted down half of my specie, my sisters….. my mom” his voice broke tears cascading down his cheek the electric spark in his eyes dead. “it’s alright” I said holding his hand “at least, you saw your family ,I never had a glimpse of them” I said almost broken. “You’ll never know….it’s like a curse granted by my great grandfather….it hurts on every full moon you lose consciousness, bones break, fangs bleed, my headache, memories fade. it really hurts..” i let him continue. “ they were not alone but I am they crushed our village but, we never harmed… them you know what I was once a vegetarian I wanted to starve hoping for death by not taking a deer down my throat once in a month i almost cried too looking pitifully at the creator who had no fault at all. “but, what about the hunters?” “there knocked off …got an hour maybe. “I’ll run away”. A tear trickled down “we will” I corrected him. Spark in his eyes lit up , shooting felicity .

October 29, 2020 13:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.