0 comments

Inspirational Teens & Young Adult

After 3 years he went to the library. In these last three years, he had stopped the habit of studying as he was busy with some other things and he had got some bad friends with he did nothing but passes time all day but somehow when he was passing through the library of his city where he uses to study hours some years back, he thought that he should again visit that library.

When he entered the library, it seems very awkward for him as he was feeling very unpleasant there because he has no interest in studying anymore. He moved to the librarian and asked him to issue a book, as he was not sure what book he should take h asked the librarian to suggest to him some good books. The librarian showed him a stack of books on the side of the library that there are some self-help books that might interest you. He went to that part of the library and started looking at those books and suddenly his attention goes to the title of a book named “Purpose Of Life”. It seemed very interesting to him and then he took that book and started studying in the corner of the library.

When he started reading that book, he just got drowned in that book. Hours passed and he was very deep reading that book. Suddenly he realized that someone was standing near him It was the librarian when he looked at him,

 He smiled and said, “sir, it is time to close the Library”.

He saw that there was no one else except him and the librarian in the library and when he looked at the clock it was 8’O’ clock. He didn’t realise that 4 hours have passed reading that book in the library.

He replied “ Oh sorry but I didn’t realised I was just reading the book and didn’t looked at the clock.

Librarian replied, “ It’s okay sir if you want to continue reading that book you can take it home Just enter your details in the library register and you can read this book at your home.”

He said “Ok, I will do it”

Then he entered his details in the register and the librarian verified with his identity card and left the library with that book in his hand when he reached his home everything was messy. He just turned on the light and sat on the sofa and started reading that book named “purpose of life “.

He read that book late at night till 2’0’ clock then he went to sleep, when he woke up he realizes something different with his mood he was feeling very blissful as something good was going to happen in his life. After waking up the first thing he remembered was that book he was reading last night.

So he opened the book and started reading it. That book was about how you can change your behavior and bad habits to get success in life. That book discussed that what you should do to make changes in your everyday life. When he completed reading that book he went to the library to return that book. After reaching the library he thought that he should take another self-help book. So, he asked the librarian to issue another book for him.

Librarian told him that “sir, you can choose any book from the library that you want, get issued it with your name, and then take it home.”

He said, “ok, let me find a good book”.

Then he went to that section of self-help books and chooses another self-help book titled change yourself in a week. He issued that book and came home after coming home he thought that he should now start to search for a new decent job as he is well educated and should try to get settled in his life. He was now in a mode to achieve something good in his life.

He went to the nearby city and visited many offices, but he was unable to find a job as everyone was asking him what he was doing for the last few years as he was unable to answer this question as he has wasted all this time with his friends. And when he answers what he did, no one was ready to hire him. He told everywhere that he will work hard but no one became ready to hire him.

He returned home and was very sad, after some time he thought about that book that he read last, and thought that how to change him by having patience in life. So he decided not he will not stop searching for a job. Then he started reading that another book that he issued from the library.

Few weeks passed he read many books from that library. Now he was a different person filled with confidence that he can achieve great heights in life. He was sure that if he didn’t get a job he will do something on his own.

After few days he started a coaching class for people who are lost , who have no clue to what to do in their life. He started helping people get good jobs in their life , he started helping people getting people settled in their life . He started to teach people how to stay happy in life.

Soon people throughout the country started knowing, now he was a very respectable personality in the whole country. His life changed totally because on that day he decided to go to the library.

He started reading books and got the habit of hard work and patience and then he decided to use his experience to help others. He was very good person from childhood but due to being in bad company he was left behind in his life . But when he started going to the library and dreading books it changed his life again. Now he is a successful person and he also helps others to get success in their life.

April 28, 2021 14:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.