0 comments

Mystery Suspense Thriller

As I woke up... BANG! BANG! BANG! "AAAAHHHH, I AM GOING TO DIE TODAY!!!!!" I said. Oops, I did not properly introduce myself. My name is Victoryia Anne Wing. I know my name is spelled differently but that does not mean I am an Alien. ` When I woke up, I saw a letter getting shoved under my door by a hand I did not recognize. After I got out of my bed I grabbed the letter, it said,

Hello Victoryia I have always wanted to meet you but your parents never let me. I have a gift for you at the Grand Canyon. But you will need to go through a small task that I loved to do when I was a kid. The task is effortless. All you have to do is repel down Grand Canyon. There at the bottom I will be there and the gift will be there too.

Sincerely, your relative.

When I read that I was paralyzed in fear because I had never done repelling before. Since I had just finished collage I had to have a job to earn money so I had one. My job was working at the Grand Canyon National Park. Now all I had to do was repel down Grand Canyon. I decided I had to do it the night so people would not see.

As treacherous as it was I had to do it.

I settled on the decision for the next night. The next night I drove to the canyon and I grabbed my gear and I started to repel down the canyon. One incorrect step could send my feet flying over my head and I would be stuck until someone helped me. Delightedly, that did not happen. When I got to the bottom nothing was there so I got out my Easily Packable In Your Pocket Sleeping Bag and I started to sleep. The next morning I woke up to someone tapping me on the shoulder. I perked up and asked them if they were my relative that sent me the letter. They said yes. They told me that they were me from the future. I was so surprised I fainted. Apparently I was out for half of an hour. The gift was two cats named Roxy and Bubbles.

When I was driving home I was thinking about all of the things that happened like I would be time traveling when I am older, the fact that now I have two cats to look after, I actually repelled down the world famous Grand Canyon. Everything was trying to get processed at once, and when I got home I took a long nap. When I was sleeping I had a dream that I was making two mug cakes in two different microwaves and the microwaves were on my back while I was sleeping. When I woke up I looked at my back and there was my two cats laying on me. I started to laugh at them. They are so cute.

Today three of my friends are coming over; their names are Becca,

Emmie, and Vivian. I am going to tell them about what happened yesterday continued to today... They did not believe me. They said that time travel is inconceivable. They also told me that they did not believe me repelling against Grand Canyon in the night. So when that happened I took them to the park and into the security room; there I showed them the security footage of me doing it. Then they started to believe everything that I said and they posted everything on everything like Snapchat and Instagram. Then I became world famous. Whenever I would go out in public I always had to wear a wig and accessories that were not my style at all. since I did that people did not suspect me. I also had to get a secret code name. That name was Emily Marie White.

I also moved houses and switched jobs. Instead of living next to the Grand Canyon I moved to LA. In stead of working at the Grand Canyon. I became a computer programmer. That is how I found out time travel. Then I switched jobs again and I made my own business. The business was called, Victoryia Helps; We helped people on the street, We helped people who needed any kind of insurance, Or if they needed a place to sleep. After that I retired a good life. I started to crochet stuffed animals for little girls and boys. My friends and I had a club and we would read chapters of a book and talk about them. It was kind of like a book club.

I started to go to the gym more often and then one day I was touching my toes and my back started to hurt. When that happened I knew that I was old and my activities were limited. Roxy and Bubbles had died a long time ago so I decided to get a dog to keep me company because I had always been single. The dog was a cream colored Pomeranian and was almost as cute as the cats. I decided to name her Rebel because she was very understanding and brave. Rebel had a purple Pastel color with black polka dots.

One time when I was younger, and more famous I went a gym and my wig fell off. Then a huge crowd of people (about fifty people) ran over to me and I literally fell over and stubbed my toe but did not say anything. Everyone asked for an autograph so I gave out lots of autographs and asked them not to say anything about me being at the gym. I put my wig back on and went to my house.

Rebel just went outside. She loves playing outside with her dog friend Trixie. They always play tug-a-war with their rope toy. That is the story on how my life changed in an instant.

Ⓣⓗⓔ Ⓔⓝⓓ :)

December 12, 2020 22:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.