General : Write a story about someone who is haunted by their past.

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write a story about someone who's haunted by their past.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Weekly Writing Prompts

Prince De-Grant Brempong

Tel.0575086991

Email:princedegrant32@gmail.com

Write a story about someone who is haunted by their past.

My story happens to be about my relationship with my father when I was a little kid. My father looked after me during my childhood days.

He was a loving father , but he passed away on a sad note. My father died living behind two brothers and a sister.

I live in our family house with my brother. Anytime I am in the house ,I felt and heard noises around the background . Sometimes I feel I am haunted by the past about my father's death death.

My father is an old man but never liked disturbances and noises. When ever I hear noises and disturbances in our family house I think that I am being haunted by my father ghost.

I am being haunted about the past of the death of my father ,that I never knew what really caused his demise .

In the past my brother brings to me rude students who claim that they are students and they keep on disturbing and creating noises.

I hardly do get my peace of mind in our family house. Sometimes during my leisure time I feel haunted by the past. Akso issues about noises and disturbances were not solved , students scream and disturb too much ,I do not like their attitude at all.

I felt haunted about the past because sometimes I thought it was my fathers ghost creating noises but rather it is these rude students who disturb me too much.

I also felt haunted about the past because I engaged in all sorts of odd jobs just to earn some money.

These jobs such as establishing my own Printing firm helped me to secure some cash for myself ,but I felt haunted about this past jobs because the customers who normally visit me at the Printing firm do not pay me enough money for services rendered ,they sometimes pay me on a credit basis.

The past events I experience seems to have haunted my life. Also my motorcycle accident that occurred to me along the side on my way for a short errand seem to have also haunted haunted my past ,the Motor cyclist did not even give me First Aid

but rather took off on a tough speed.

I felt haunted about the past because I hear noises and voices all around my surroundings especially when reading.

There is no recorded moment where I do not hear disturbances and noises ,it is only during late in the night.

Everywhere I feel haunted by the past of this motor cycle accident I experienced on the road , that it might have affected me psychologically .

The Motor cyclist never bothered to even give me First Aid or proper treatment before leaving on the road but rather drove on the road in a tough speed.

Others including myself felt haunted about our past because we were ill treated by our brothers and teachers.

Most teachers never treated us well ,they gave us severe punishment and beatings.

Also corporal punishment was meted out to each and every student when the teacher hears noises and disturbances in our neighbourhood.

Teachers were rude to students in the past ,they hardly put smiles on our faces.

I also felt haunted because I experienced beatings from teachers and my brothers. They hardly put a smile on my face even on my birthday.

Also due to the punishment in the form of corporal punishment that we received from teachers we found it difficult to even marry.

I felt haunted about the past because I feel my family had rejected me. They do not even celebrate with me on my birthday neither do they present to me gifts or gift card.

However because of this neglect of the past ,I felt my family had neglected me, and am being haunted by the past because my family do not fend for me anymore ,they hardly give me enough money to fend for myself.

Again ,I felt haunted about the past , because my investment with other Banks went bankrupt.

My investments into shares with other brokerage firms went bankrupt because for the past couple of months the licenses of those brokerage firms were revoked.

This closure of business of the investment firm have made me haunted about the past.

This is because in this scenario my money had taken away and I can hardly read them.

Also efforts reading then in their office have come to no avail. The brokerage firm is no longer in operation so my money was not paid back entirely.

This past closure of the brokerage firm had haunted my life.

Again I felt haunted about the past because the government could not assist me to secure for myself a good job. There are instances where I could apply for a job and be employed but at the end of the month I will not be paid any wage or salary for all efforts and transportation.

Also I felt haunted about the past because for all my efforts I do not receive any complement about job well done , neither do I receive incentives at the end of the year.

I also felt haunted about the past because both my Dad and mum have passed away. I do normally receive criminals of some sort in our family house ,who claim they are students in Hostel in our family house.

Sometimes ,I wonder where these students came from .they disturb and create noises that made me haunted by their past.

Since my Dad and mum have both passed away we do not have any Family Head, so you could imagine a family without an appropriate Head.

Whenever I have problems there is no one appropriate as the Head of Family to report to entirely , this past problems happened to have haunted my life.

Also being haunted by the past does not mean that I do experience ghosts of my mum and dad haunting me in my sleep or dream but rather I feel haunted by individuals especially their character and behaviour towards me and society at large.

Finally, I will conclude by saying that I felt haunted about the past because the scream and noises never stops , I also know that it might not be the cause of ghost stories in the past.

July 24, 2020 12:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.